FastMerc
04-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Saying good by to your old steed.

CRUZTAKER
05-06-2006, 05:41 AM
I have a new steed....:cool:

MM03MOK
05-06-2006, 06:05 AM
I have a new steed....:cool:And that would be...??

CRUZTAKER
05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Sold the car Saturday.:D

I am now the proud owner of an '06 Black Focus ZX4 SES loaded.

I tried to hold out for PT cruiser...but just couldn't stomach it after all.:P
:puke:

dwasson
05-22-2006, 02:54 PM

Definately cheaper to feed.

RoyLPita
05-22-2006, 04:10 PM

My mother just got one, too. Even with the a/c on, it has some pep.

crom
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Cruz, I've been looking at those too. They are offering 1500 cash back, 500 for using FORD Credit and another 500 cuz I'm Military. I'd be interested in any review/info/feedback you have on the car. What color did you get, options etc. I had a 2000 ZX3 that I gave my son, but unfortunately it got totaled. Anyways any input would be appreciated, thanks. :)

Bigdogjim
05-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Back in September I got a Focus for the GM at work.
His home is in NH 385 miles away.
Have 35,000 miles on it so far and runs like a top!

Great car lots of power for what it is and great MPG.......

Haggis
05-23-2006, 03:20 AM
You know you guys are praising a wrong wheel drive vehicle now!!! :eek: :nono: :shake: :banned:

RoyLPita
05-23-2006, 03:45 AM
You know you guys are praising a wrong wheel drive vehicle now!!! :eek: :nono: :shake: :banned:

It is RWD or die for me. I only drive my mom's Focus if it needs to be maintained and/or repaired at work.

Hotrauder
05-23-2006, 04:45 AM
I have 2 impressions of the Focus. One a rental I used while the FruitPunch was being repaired after the CAR WASH horror. A total POS and the other a pretty RED SVT that I ran a couple of laps behind at Sebring. That little puppy ran my ass off in the corners, some of the lines were imaginative to say the least but still quick as hell and fast down the straights. I have a whole lot more respect for the Focus ofter that. I spoke with the owner, he was a newbie, too. His instructor told him that the car was so forgiving it didn't matter what line he ran. Just a note of interest. I would buy a SVT Focus in a minute if I was looking to trade the daily driver. Dennis:D

Bigdogjim
05-23-2006, 09:52 AM

Yeah I know but the important thing was a least it's a Ford! Company was looking at some Chevy something or other:rolleyes:

bigslim
05-23-2006, 04:40 PM

You ain't man enough to drive one these anyways. :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/DSC01716.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/DSC01711.jpg

bigslim
05-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Back in September I got a Focus for the GM at work.
His home is in NH 385 miles away.
Have 35,000 miles on it so far and runs like a top!

Great car lots of power for what it is and great MPG.......
Make sure you don't run the car past a quarter of a tank. :rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
05-23-2006, 04:47 PM

Not to worry we know how to care for a vehicle:)

MM2004
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM

The PT Cruiser is the closest thing to an upsidedown bathtub since the Pacer. :rolleyes:

Mike.

bigslim
05-23-2006, 04:58 PM

Say what you want but the chicks dig the Cruisers;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/gg15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/gg14.jpg

bigslim
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Not to worry we know how to care for a vehicle:)
I know you do "Mr. Fleet Manager". :rofl:

MM2004
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM

So, where are the chicks in your pic?

Mike.

bigslim
05-23-2006, 05:05 PM
The PT Cruiser is the closest thing to an upsidedown bathtub since the Pacer. :rolleyes:

Mike.
Maybe true but Chrysler sells *****loads of these every year.

MM2004
05-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Maybe true but Chrysler sells *****loads of these every year.

As Ford did the Pinto..

Speaking of Ford, why didn't you purchase something that was built by your beloved local?? :rolleyes:

CRUZTAKER
05-23-2006, 05:18 PM
The Focus SVT is no longer. There is an ST model with larger higher output motor now available.

I only went this route to stay economical, have 4 doors, and a trunk. In a pinch, it's large enough to put the seats down and lay a sleeping back out fully.

Now then...as far as the PT...the "chick" as you refer to her as in that pic was not only paid to pose in that pic, but seriously...frugly.
Chicks dig any car as long as they are being paid to pose. Too bad the PT owner didn't blow his wad on an asian like the ones that pose with the ricers.

And you are correct...I'll NEVER be man enough to hang with the PT crowd.

Never.

As an after thought...I raced a PT turbo with my '80 fiat 1.8l a few years back. Any thing that can't out run a fiat...pininfarina build or not...is just sad.

Bigdogjim
05-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I know you do "Mr. Fleet Manager". :rofl:

OK Mr.Happy so why did you post about keeping the fuel tank above 1/4? If you know I am a Fleet Manager? :laugh:

MERCMAN
05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
My friends at the circus LOVE the P.T. :rofl:

Plenty of room for big shoes and fright wigs!!!! AND SHE seems man enough to drive one!!!

SergntMac
05-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Nice pics of a PiTy, with some "trim" added...Photochopped? Or, rent-a-Ho?

I was thisclose to buying an '06 Focus last December, but I found a better deal on another '03 Marauder, my #3 car.

I love the Focus, I think they are great cars for the dollars. They perform well in stock trim, have a very low repair rate, and hold their market value in resale. Lots of features too, and getting better. This is "Car of the Year" stuff, IMHO. Don't laugh, the Taurus/Sable stole our consumer hearts a few years ago, right?

While considering my choices last December, my "manhood" never felt threatened. The Focus is an automobile internationally recognized as a winner in world racing circles, and the aftermarket is choking on the mods available. The fact that Ford SVT honored the Focus with it's own special edition in 2004 is quite telling of it's potential. Best get out of Detroit and see some of the world, eh?

And, if this market respect doesn't float your boat...For about as much change as we spend modding our Marauders into the 11s, you can convert any 2000-2007 Focus (in any body style) to a 50 state EPA/street legal American V8 powered, stick shifting, rear wheel drive daily driver. Your choices are wide, drive safely.

You can add the '03-'04 Cobra power train (manual), or, the '03-'04 Mach I power train (manual or automatic), or, even a carb fed 351 with a T-6, or, AODE, and add all any of them with the venerable 8.8 axle, IRS or live. All of this bolts in place, no welding, just some light floor pan trimming.

It's all in the 2006 Ford Racing Catalogue. Along with brakes, suspension, fuel, EEC tuning, it's all there and at your fingertips. 300 to 400 RWHP, in a 2600 pound car. Do the math...

I can rent a model to lean on my car too, so, I just gotta ask. Just what, exactly, are the racing and powertrain options for a PiTy?

SergntMac
05-23-2006, 06:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/gg15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/bigslim/gg14.jpg I think I saw these pics on e-bay a while back...Someone trying to sell something?

MI2QWK4U
05-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Well....she is selling SS inserts....makes me want to get a set! I didnt even notice the Mustang is Pink! Nice....
http://ssinserts.com/images/gallery/pink_mustang_s.jpg

SergntMac
05-23-2006, 06:31 PM
*****, Dave, I didn't notice either...

bigslim
05-23-2006, 06:36 PM
As Ford did the Pinto..

Speaking of Ford, why didn't you purchase something that was built by your beloved local?? :rolleyes:
I did. I have the MM in which the frames come out of my plant. I have the PT because my brother works for Chrysler. BTW, he drives a Ford.

bigslim
05-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Well....she is selling SS inserts....makes me want to get a set! I didnt even notice the Mustang is Pink! Nice....
http://ssinserts.com/images/gallery/pink_mustang_s.jpg
Don't bother Dave. I don't these guys like girls anyway. :D

bigslim
05-23-2006, 06:41 PM
The Focus SVT is no longer. There is an ST model with larger higher output motor now available.

I only went this route to stay economical, have 4 doors, and a trunk. In a pinch, it's large enough to put the seats down and lay a sleeping back out fully.

Now then...as far as the PT...the "chick" as you refer to her as in that pic was not only paid to pose in that pic, but seriously...frugly.
Chicks dig any car as long as they are being paid to pose. Too bad the PT owner didn't blow his wad on an asian like the ones that pose with the ricers.

And you are correct...I'll NEVER be man enough to hang with the PT crowd.

Never.

As an after thought...I raced a PT turbo with my '80 fiat 1.8l a few years back. Any thing that can't out run a fiat...pininfarina build or not...is just sad.
Check your numbers. A stock PT turbo runs better numbers than a stock MM. And thank God you don't hang with the PT crowd. We are all honest and never talk behind anyones back. We know who we are. ;)

bigslim
05-23-2006, 06:44 PM
And before anyone goes off on me about why am I like this remember it was Cruztaker that drew first blood with his potshot that was directed at me.

I still love my PT. Going to St Louis in July for the PT meet. Some really "down to Earth" people going to be there.

MM2004
05-23-2006, 06:47 PM
And before anyone goes off on me about why am I like this remember it was Cruztaker that drew first blood with his potshot that was directed at me.

I still love my PT. Going to St Louis in July for the PT meet. Some really "down to Earth" people going to be there.

That's :bs:

Your name wasn't mentioned. Quit looking for excuses based upon assumptions to justify your actions.

Mike.

bigslim
05-23-2006, 06:54 PM

We all know who this was directed too. Give me a break.

SergntMac
05-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Check your numbers. A stock PT turbo runs better numbers than a stock MM. And thank God you don't hang with the PT crowd. We are all honest and never talk behind anyones back. We know who we are.Many production turbocharged automobiles can out run a stock MM, no argument from me on this point. But...Please tell us all how you came to be accepted among these pleasant folk you speak of?

Seems to me that that some of their base and genuine human qualities you boast of, are lacking in your presence among us here.

Reminds me of the movie where Harrison Ford lives among the Amish...

bigslim
05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Many production turbocharged automobiles can out run a stock MM, no argument from me on this point. But...Please tell us all how you came to be accepted among these pleasant folk you speak of?

Seems to me that that some of their base and genuine human qualities you boast of, are lacking in your presence among us here.

Reminds me of the movie where Harrison Ford lives among the Amish...
Since you ask.....

I like being around "REAL" people. There is no BS with these people. There are no "Secret Sites". Everything is on the up and up. There is no one trying to sabotage other people. There is no one wishing for some elses failure. There are no potshots at others or people trying to get under other peoples skin. It is all true and everyone is there for onething, the car and good company.

Sorry but you asked.

nomad
05-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh Boy! A discussion about a Ford Feces and a *****;Tiny Cruiser.

:popcorn:

This is better than any soap on TV.:argue:

bigslim
05-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh Boy! A discussion about a Ford Feces and a *****;Tiny Cruiser.

:popcorn:

This is better than any soap on TV.:argue:
That's funny!!:lol:

Breadfan
05-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Here was my first car, it had a Chevy V8 in it. A 305 no less.

Go ahead fellas, string me up :flamer:

A thousand dollars of rust and bondo!! :D

And to make matters worse, I'm too lazy to resize the pic for those with lower resolutions! :burnout:

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/cars/pics/jag018.jpg

MERCMAN
05-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Would you call that car a "jag-off"???

SergntMac
05-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Since you ask.....

I like being around "REAL" people. There is no BS with these people. There are no "Secret Sites". Everything is on the up and up. There is no one trying to sabotage other people. There is no one wishing for some elses failure. There are no potshots at others or people trying to get under other peoples skin. It is all true and everyone is there for onething, the car and good company.

Sorry but you asked. You stay right here, 'cause I have an answer for this. Moderators may want (and move) to quash my reply, we'll see. But, I do have an answer for you.

You're not going to like it...Game on?

Breadfan
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Would you call that car a "jag-off"???

It had an '86 Caprice motor in it. The only Jaguar that Frank Drebin would drive...

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/09.jpg

:beer:

Breadfan
05-23-2006, 07:25 PM
http://www.neuralimpulse.com/macros/condescend.jpg

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/macros/roflrocks.jpg

bigslim
05-23-2006, 09:48 PM
You stay right here, 'cause I have an answer for this. Moderators may want (and move) to quash my reply, we'll see. But, I do have an answer for you.

You're not going to like it...Game on?
I'm home from work now. Bring on big boy!!

Bigdogjim
05-23-2006, 10:18 PM
OK? Where are the Secret Sites Mr.Happy speaks of?

How does one have a "secret" on the internet :laugh:

What's next secret computers to post on these sites:rofl:

bigslim
05-23-2006, 11:12 PM
OK? Where are the Secret Sites Mr.Happy speaks of?

How does one have a "secret" on the internet :laugh:

What's next secret computers to post on these sites:rofl:
Try "mercurymarauder.us". You know, the one you need an invite to join. The one that no one else can view or join unless you belong to the Secret Society. The one where the MCM guys get slammed. I guess you need to know the secret handshake for entry.

Haggis
05-24-2006, 03:17 AM
...:popcorn:...

MM2004
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM

Gordon,

You eat a lot of popcorn these days. :P

Mike.

MM03MOK
05-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Gordon,

Mike.Doncha hate when it gets stuck under your gums! :popcorn:

Haggis
05-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Gordon,

Mike.
All these interesting posts make me hungry and somebody has to keep Jiffy Pop in business.

Doncha hate when it gets stuck under your gums!
Nay, I save those for desert...:popcorn:

Mike Poore
05-24-2006, 10:13 AM
:laugh:
Mr. Happy and his ***** mobile. What a concept.

:popcorn:Move over, buddy this is getting good.:popcorn:

I was wondering when you were gonna show up with the popcorn.

Lessee, Mary, two Mikes, Gordon & Chris.

I'd better go over to the IGA for a large Orvill's ..buttered, right?

Breadfan
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm just posting macros now. :)

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/macros/makeitstopkitty.jpg

http://www.neuralimpulse.com/macros/threadisboss.jpg

SergntMac
05-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Try "mercurymarauder.us". You know, the one you need an invite to join. What are you saying, no one invited you? That's sad, I wonder why...

MI2QWK4U
05-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Try "mercurymarauder.us". You know, the one you need an invite to join. The one that no one else can view or join unless you belong to the Secret Society. The one where the MCM guys get slammed. I guess you need to know the secret handshake for entry.

You are talking about the members only Marauder Club that they started to bash on Trilogy, Jerry Barnes, Logan, you, me, and every other MCM?
The site that some of the very people in this thread are free to post nasty and insulting things about members of MM.net without a care? Where fellow MM.net people are ridiculed and laughed at for owning Mustangs, PT Cruisers, Impala SS's, etc? The one we are not welcome at? Unlike www.MotorCityMarauders.com (WWW.MotorCityMarauders.com), where everyone is welcome and that kind of bashing isn't allowed, and the truth is? Thats why we are better than them, we let anyone in to discuss a topic. We don't hide our business. Even Greg from FIT can attest to that, when there was a post reguarding his business, he applied to join, and was welcomed like any other member joining the MCM forums, and to feel free to post and answer that post he didnt like. Greg posted on our forum, was professional and to the point and earned some respect in my book. Not everyone is like that Darryl. From what I read over on Mercurymarauder.us, neither you, myself, Jerry, Logan, or any MCM for that matter will be receiving an invite to join anytime soon. Let it go...

KillJoy
05-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Kinda interesting......

I wanna join!

KillJoy

PS - I hate being left out :(

Breadfan
05-24-2006, 01:16 PM
http://www.neuralimpulse.com/macros/threadlock.jpg

SergntMac
05-24-2006, 01:30 PM
You are talking about the members only Marauder Club that they started to bash on Trilogy, Jerry Barnes, Logan, you, me, and every other MCM? The site that some of the very people in this thread are free to post nasty and insulting things about members of MM.net without a care? Where fellow MM.net people are ridiculed and laughed at for owning Mustangs, PT Cruisers, Impala SS's, etc? Let it go... Yes, good idea. Let it go, because not a word of this is true.

MercuryMarauder.us is owned and paid for by the 40 some members on the membership list. Any one who wants to invite a friend to join, must submit that recommendation to the Board for approval. The invitation will go out, and it requires a membership fee and agreement to house rules for membership.

As it is here, members are allowed to speak their mind on topics, but the same rules in place here govern overall behavior. Any misbehavior on the site, disrespect to fellow Marauder owners (members or not) or vendor bashing will terminate membership without a hearing, and without a refund of fees paid. Case in point. Had you posted this crap over there, you would be gone.

If you can prove one word of your statement Dave, put up, or, shut up.

MI2QWK4U
05-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Mac. You misunderstood me. You have every right to belong to any website you choose. There is no limit to the number of Marauder sites that can be out there. You have every right to talk about whoever, how ever your members would like. Being a members only, or exclusive site is also not an issue. If you want to talk about people that are not allowed there to reply isnt cool in my book, but equally your right to do. Read my post again, it was just replying to Darryl to see if that was the site he was refering to, although it isnt a secret club as he stated, merely a members only. I was just pointing out the difference between a member only Marauder site and our MCM forum is not a members only site, and everyone is welcome to sign up and contribute. And I meant let it go....This thread derailed and has nothing to do with Barry's Vic, thats why I said that...as in Let it go, nothing more to see here.

MM2004
05-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Mac. You misunderstood me. You have every right to belong to any website you choose. There is no limit to the number of Marauder sites that can be out there. You have every right to talk about whoever, how ever your members would like. Being a members only, or exclusive site is also not an issue. If you want to talk about people that are not allowed there to reply isnt cool in my book, but equally your right to do. Read my post again, it was just replying to Darryl to see if that was the site he was refering to, although it isnt a secret club as he stated, merely a members only. I was just pointing out the difference between a member only Marauder site and our MCM forum is not a members only site, and everyone is welcome to sign up and contribute. And I meant let it go....This thread derailed and has nothing to do with Barry's Vic, thats why I said that...as in Let it go, nothing more to see here.

Dave,

You are being ridiculous, and basing your statement upon nothing tangible, just fiction and fantasy.

The purpose of the "members" only site is getting back to the basics. The car and the people is what it is all about.

If I have something to say to someone, I will say it so they can reply.

There is no bashing against anyone over there.

Not even you...

Period.

Mike.

Tallboy
05-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Hhhhhhmmmmmm. So, if I'm reading this thread correctly, the only way to become a member of the MM.US site is to be invited, right?

I have "friends" on that site. At least I thought I did, as I never recieved an invitation...:alone:

Bigdogjim
05-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Hhhhhhmmmmmm. So, if I'm reading this thread correctly, the only way to become a member of the MM.US site is to be invited, right?

I have "friends" on that site. At least I thought I did, as I never recieved an invitation...:alone:

How about I drive to Ct. this weekend and invite you personally?

Let me know:cool:

And yes you are CORRECT in the fact that you at least one friend that I know of.:banana2:

Tallboy
05-24-2006, 04:22 PM
How about I drive to Ct. this weekend and invite you personally?

Let me know:cool:

And yes you are CORRECT in the fact that you at least one friend that I know of.:banana2:

You'd be off by a week.:D :P

I arrive next Thursday, June 1st, and will be there for 6 days.

Bigdogjim
05-24-2006, 04:24 PM
You'd be off by a week.:D :P

I arrive next Thursday, June 1st, and will be there for 6 days.

Well then OK? You want to get together? I can post and see if New York members want to come up north? (or any one for that matter)

Tallboy
05-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Well then OK? You want to get together? I can post and see if New York members want to come up north? (or any one for that matter)

Maybe next time.

bigslim
05-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Dave,

You are being ridiculous, and basing your statement upon nothing tangible, just fiction and fantasy.

The purpose of the "members" only site is getting back to the basics. The car and the people is what it is all about.

If I have something to say to someone, I will say it so they can reply.

There is no bashing against anyone over there.

Not even you...

Period.

Mike.
You and I both know that this is not true. This site was not started to talk just about a car. It was started to exclude some people and talk talk about them.

The funny thing is that we have documented proof of the bashing that was going on over there. Don't ask how we got it but we printed off a lot of of the threads about the MCM,Trilogy and Logan bashing and the plans to sabatoge all our efforts. It seems like if people don't think their way (MM.us) they have no place for them.

Believe what you will but the proof is in the pudding.

bigslim
05-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes, good idea. Let it go, because not a word of this is true.

MercuryMarauder.us is owned and paid for by the 40 some members on the membership list. Any one who wants to invite a friend to join, must submit that recommendation to the Board for approval. The invitation will go out, and it requires a membership fee and agreement to house rules for membership.

As it is here, members are allowed to speak their mind on topics, but the same rules in place here govern overall behavior. Any misbehavior on the site, disrespect to fellow Marauder owners (members or not) or vendor bashing will terminate membership without a hearing, and without a refund of fees paid. Case in point. Had you posted this crap over there, you would be gone.

If you can prove one word of your statement Dave, put up, or, shut up.
The thing I don't understand is that there are people there that I thought were my friends but I never got an invite. There are people there that have PM'd me and sent e-mails about things and saying how great of a guy I am but I never got an invite. Is it that it has to go before the "Supreme Board" before someone is invited? I say yes seeing that I have printed one of the threads saying that one person wanted to invite someone but the rest of you said that that person "may not fit in".

You had the nerve to say last year that if you go to MVIII don't drink the Kool-Aid and here you are with an invitation only site? Give it up Mac, you are not the sweet innocent bystander that you want everyone to believe that you are. We here in the Motor City got you all figured out.

MM2004
05-24-2006, 05:09 PM
You and I both know that this is not true. This site was not started to talk just about a car. It was started to exclude some people and talk talk about them.

The funny thing is that we have documented proof of the bashing that was going on over there. Don't ask how we got it but we printed off a lot of of the threads about the MCM,Trilogy and Logan bashing and the plans to sabatoge all our efforts. It seems like if people don't think their way (MM.us) they have no place for them.

Believe what you will but the proof is in the pudding.

As I said before Slim, we are not bashing anyone.

Where is all of this proof? Locked in a vault?

Mike.

Bigdogjim
05-24-2006, 05:13 PM
We here in the Motor City got you all figured out.

How far the truth is all this? So far that it's not worth a response!

bigslim
05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
How far the truth is all this? So far that it's not worth a response!
???????????????
I never know what you trying to say.:confused:

MI2QWK4U
05-24-2006, 05:34 PM
I thought I mentioned this earlier, but I am pretty sure I said enough of the back and forth so get over it and its off topic enough. Barry, feel free to start another thread about your Vic.