PDA

View Full Version : Updated Tune by Scott Beer

MarauderTJA
04-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Yesterday Scott Beer updated my tune from November 05. I cannot believe the difference in the car. He told me he has tuned more than 200 Marauders (N/A, Supercharged cars from Procharger, Trilogy and Vortech) since my last tune and has made hundreds of changes within the parameters of our computers. Saw Shakes26 and John Nero there as well aquiring some of Scott's tuning expertise. Both had smiles on their faces when they left.:up:

When he was finished (8 pulls, 4 hours) it was like being in a different car. :bows: Absolutely incredible! The car drives around town like it is N/A with such incredible transmission behavior you would be hard pressed to know I have a 3000 stall P.I. Stallion in the car. (Even my wife noticed how much smoother the car was when we went out to breakfast this morning.) With the early 6 am drive over to the east coast of Florida at highway speed of 75-80 MPH I averaged 17.3 mpg. Coming home, same speed 18.6 mpg. Considering I have 60 lb injectors that is serious highway mileage.

He pulled another 20 RWHP and 30 Ft lbs torque out the car with a safe 11.6 A/F. Idle was lowered and the car purrs like a kitten. But romp on it, it roars like a lion:D . I cannot say enough about Scott, his abilities and his dedication to tuning our cars. He keeps learning more and more and then passes it on to his clients via his tunes. What more can you ask for.

New Truetrac posi, axles, Metco C.A.s, Baer brakes all installed prior to the updated tune. Talk about feeling like a kid with new toys. I just love this car.
Can't wait to go to the track this week. :burn:

Rider90
04-30-2006, 02:04 PM
I also cannot describe how happy I was with Scott's tunes. I would have used his tune on my Trilogy but I cannot confirm fuel quality or how "On the edge" his tune would be. Sticking with Lidio's tune, although I wish I had Scott's transmission parameters into this one. I'd be at his shop if he wasn't half way across the U.S.

Brutus
04-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Yesterday Scott Beer updated my tune from November 05. I cannot believe the difference in the car. He told me he has tuned more than 200 Marauders (N/A, Supercharged cars from Procharger, Trilogy and Vortech) since my last tune and has made hundreds of changes within the parameters of our computers. Saw Shakes26 and John Nero there as well aquiring some of Scott's tuning expertise. Both had smiles on their faces when they left.:up:

When he was finished (8 pulls, 4 hours) it was like being in a different car. :bows: Absolutely incredible! The car drives around town like it is N/A with such incredible transmission behavior you would be hard pressed to know I have a 3000 stall P.I. Stallion in the car. (Even my wife noticed how much smoother the car was when we went out to breakfast this morning.) With the early 6 am drive over to the east coast of Florida at highway speed of 75-80 MPH I averaged 17.3 mpg. Coming home, same speed 18.6 mpg. Considering I have 60 lb injectors that is serious highway mileage.

He pulled another 20 RWHP and 30 Ft lbs torque out the car with a safe 11.6 A/F. Idle was lowered and the car purrs like a kitten. But romp on it, it roars like a lion:D . I cannot say enough about Scott, his abilities and his dedication to tuning our cars. He keeps learning more and more and then passes it on to his clients via his tunes. What more can you ask for.

New Truetrac posi, axles, Metco C.A.s, Baer brakes all installed prior to the updated tune. Talk about feeling like a kid with new toys. I just love this car.
Can't wait to go to the track this week. :burn:

Thats great Tom! I am hoping to take advantage of his expertise soon enough!!

MarauderTJA
04-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Thats great Tom! I am hoping to take advantage of his expertise soon enough!!

Trust me, you won't be dissapointed.

Cobra25
05-01-2006, 06:14 AM
I see those 11's coming real soon Tom !

TooManyFords
05-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Congrats Tom! Did you claim the $500 prize yet?

;)

John

MarauderTJA
05-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Congrats Tom! Did you claim the $500 prize yet?

;)

John

No John, haven't claimed the $200.00 yet:D . Maybe this week;)

And Z, hopefully real soon:up: .

MarauderMarc
05-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Congrats Tom!!! That makes me excited because my car is at Diablosport as we speak being Beta tested and dyno tuned by Scott himself. Cant wait for the #s. Ill post a thread tonight.

TooManyFords
05-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Congrats Tom!!! That makes me excited because my car is at Diablosport as we speak being Beta tested and dyno tuned by Scott himself. Cant wait for the #s. Ill post a thread tonight.

How do you BETA TEST a car? :confused:

MarauderMarc
05-01-2006, 10:10 AM

Beta testing means Diablosport is using my vehicle for new product development.

John Nero
05-01-2006, 10:19 AM
scott retuned my car and it is running better than it ever has

Tallboy
05-01-2006, 10:32 AM

Well, in this case, you don't. My guess is Marc is referring to the new DiabloSport Marauder Predator Scott's been working on. The new Predator for our cars is just about done, and should be released soon. Scott's been using one for tuning local Marauders lately. A couple hundred Marauders, from what Tom said.

MarauderMarc
05-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Well whatever its called, the sheet I signed said "Beta Testing", so thats what Im going on. Yes a new Predator tuner that is Marauder specific is in the making. Will give you a better base performance tune than a 4.6 ford Predator. Also has dynamics that are specific to the Marauder for a better tune. It will be nice. Even nicer that I get one free:D I also get a free custom Dyno tune at Diablosport and my car used for illistration purposes and advertising. Kinda cool. I didnt get my car back today, but will tomarrow or Wednesday. Fine with me, I get the Diablo sport F150 quad cab as a loaner. Ill post a pic of it. When everything is all said and done, Ill write up a thread giving full details about the project.

HwyCruiser
05-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Tom, it's good to hear that the refinements continue.

I'm still running my dyno / track tested tune from last Aug and I still enjoy the car every time I get in it. But if there's better out there, I look forward to the upgrade. I'm planning some speed shop work with Injected Racing later this spring / early summer, so that will be a good time to load up and dial in the latest base tune.

Pat
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
MaraiderMarc;

Please ask if this new tune N/A or S/C can be retrofitted into existing Predators?

I have a Predator I bought several years ago, R50 version, and wonder if can be upgraded. I'm currently running an SCT by Lidio which I like very much.

MarauderTJA
05-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Well, in this case, you don't. My guess is Marc is referring to the new DiabloSport Marauder Predator Scott's been working on. The new Predator for our cars is just about done, and should be released soon. Scott's been using one for tuning local Marauders lately. A couple hundred Marauders, from what Tom said.

Well now the cat is out of the bag, the new unit for our Marauders will additionally be able to hold 2-3 (still pending) tunes to select from. Great for us to be able to have a street tune and a race tune together in one unit. Some of this cool stuff was used on my car Saturday as well. Impressive to say the least. Everyone needs to get the update transmission tune. It is like driving with the stock converter with enhanced shift points. Incredible.

Mike M
05-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Can you share it???? Please Please Please????

MarauderTJA
05-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Can you share it???? Please Please Please????

Sure Mike. Remember my car is an 04 with 60 lb injectors. Maybe you can extract the tranny functions. I would be happy to e-mail the tune to you.