PDA

View Full Version : Saw your car tonight, Wagon

Ryans PI
05-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Parked on the side of the road by Skagit L/M with For Sale signs. I took a look at it and it sure looks nice. Not a bad asking price either.

Wagonmaster
05-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Parked on the side of the road by Skagit L/M with For Sale signs. I took a look at it and it sure looks nice. Not a bad asking price either.

Yeah, I figured I'd park it where people who are anticipating purchasing a car would have to drive by it. Particularly the Ford/Mercury customers. Thats a great place to park and there's nothing the dealerships can do about it due to the county right of way. My reserve price on e-bay was less than that, however no takers. Did you see the spankin' new Silver Birch LX Sport at the Ford dealership?

GT

Ryans PI
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
No, I didn't stay long. A friend and I were going to that bike shop/resturant across the street, but they were closed. I knew it was yours as soon as we turned onto that road. What was your reserve?

Wagonmaster
05-04-2006, 08:56 AM
What was your reserve?[/quote]

$15,900. I've had a few dealers in the Skagit County area offer me $14,500 but I told them to pound sand. Pretty sad when a guy can't unload a car that sold new for 36k for $15k three years later. I feel sorry for the folks who purchased the car new at MSRP. I'm sure some even paid the "Market Adjustment" mark-up. Much like the GT stangs and SRT8 Chrysler products now.

Everyone talks about the rarity and collectible status of these cars but I dont see it. The same was said of the 94/96 Impala SS which you can currently pick up for an average price of $8k. Hardly an investment considering they sold new in the 25k range. Those who store their Marauders in a time capsule (a.k.a. their garage) in the interest of low miles are fooling themselves. Dont get me wrong, I love my Marauder, but it was born to run, not sit static in the garage. Its value drops either way. By way of example, two Marauders on e-bay recently were bid to $12,100 respectively. One had 24,246 miles, the other had 58,624 miles. Both were black, both were 03's.

GT

MENINBLK
05-04-2006, 10:27 AM
The same was said of the 94/96 Impala SS which you can currently pick up for an average price of $8k.

I'd like to know where you see this.
The 95/96 Impalas I see, even with over 100,000 miles
are selling for over $20,000 !!!

Wagonmaster
05-04-2006, 10:42 AM
I'd like to know where you see this.
The 95/96 Impalas I see, even with over 100,000 miles
are selling for over $20,000 !!!

I saw 72 of them on e-bay. The highest selling one sold for $18,800 w/only 1,946 miles on it! Thats still a loss, as compareed to what he paid for it and he never enjoyed driving it. The lowest selling price was $2,024 w/132,000 miles on it. However, as stated earlier, most of them sell in the $8k range. Many cars were BID to the $11/12k range, but they DID NOT sell. I know that e-bay is not the only source available. Notwithstanding if you have a printed source available that shows selling price's in the $20k range for 100,000 mile Impala's please advise, as I would like to refer to this.

GT

O's Fan Rich
05-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Heck, back in "the day" I remember a 68 GT500 sitting on a lot for $2800.00. I wanted to buy it, but was not allowed to. ( Yeah... thanks Dad!)
Now, you'd need to add about what? two zeros?
I'm sure there are multiple examples, like the AAR Cuda an old buddy of mine bought for $1600.00... won't see that again.
How about a nice 70 Hemi Cuda Vert? got a million or two?
Not that I'm comparing my MM to a Shelby or anything, but these things take time.

Wagonmaster
05-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Not that I'm comparing my MM to a Shelby or anything, but these things take time.[/quote]

I concur, these things certainly take time, but a MM is not the vehicle of choice to purchase as an investment. If I end up purchasing a Shelby Mustang in the summer of 07 it will not be for investment purposes either. I will purchase it to drive the wheels off of it like the Marauder. Looking at your mod list it looks as though you feel the same :beer:

GT