PDA

View Full Version : 4" Exhaust Tips Installed **VIDEO/SOUND/PICS**

Rider90
05-03-2006, 05:20 PM
As far as I know I am the pioneer with this, and so far I like it.

I got a call at work saying my tips were in (took less than 24 hours :eek:) so I stopped by on the way home from work and picked them up. I also called the muffler shop to see if they had any room before they closed - and they did. Sweet.

Here are some pictures for you, the first one taken by my cell phone since I did not expect this install to occur today.

http://midwestpanthers.net/tips/tip5.jpg
http://midwestpanthers.net/tips/tip4.jpg
http://midwestpanthers.net/tips/tip3.jpg
http://midwestpanthers.net/tips/tip2.jpg
http://midwestpanthers.net/tips/tip1.jpg

Here is a video for your viewing pleasure:

Right-Click, Save As...
http://www.midwestpanthers.net/tips/Rider90.wmv

Pay no attention to my temperature gauge needle on the instrument cluster. There are two temperature sensors in the crossover, the aftermarket one is hooked to the cluster and the OEM one is giving me readings through the OBDII port via ScanGauge. That's the reason I keep dragging my ass about changing it...

My Spintech Pro-Street Mufflers should ship out tomorrow from California, these current Spintech Sportsman Streets are spoken for already. Expect some more exhaust clips to come once I get the Pro-Streets installed (Granted that I like them...)

So I went from the 3.5" 26" 30* rolled resonated tip - to a 4.0" 22" 15* rolled non-resonated tip from Magnaflow. There was a huge difference in the sound at start up. Big time! The non-resonated tips gave a very authoritive deep tone as seen in the video. It also magnified the "Gurgle" when you let off the gas...as a Harley owner/rider, I can't get enough of this sound. Wes is getting a group buy together, don't miss out. I'm just impatient.

To compare before & after videos, you can view my previous thread here:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20598

Who said I can't be useful once every 3,716 posts...

Mr Johnson
05-03-2006, 07:20 PM
DOH!

Just a couple days after I order the regular resonator delete tips you guys go ahead and do this! :alone:

They look nice. :pimp:

Rider90
05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
After some more driving tonight I realized I should have tossed my resonated tips a long time ago.

Shora
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Sounds nice and deep. Very Nice! I have Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40s and added the Megs delete tips. Had way to much of a drone on the highway so I re-installed the original tips. I am happy with my current set up but I do wish that I had such a nice and deep idle as you now have.

By the way, when installing the delete Meg tips I did extend them outward about 2 inches.

Breadfan
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Ooooh, they DO look nice. I'm definitely in for a set of these now! Fills out the bumper pretty nice.

ctrlraven
05-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Well that just selled the deal for me to get some 4" tips. People said that a 4" tip would be ricer but like Breadfan said it fills out the bumper pretty nice and with wider tires on the rear I think they will look more muscle like. My friend has a 2000 Mustang GT and did 4" tips and I could hear the difference from his old 3" ones and really filled the bumper out. Gives it that authority look and you its going to make a ricer or whoever have 2nd thoughts about messin with the MM.

hitchhiker
05-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Do these simply attach to the stock tail pipes like the stock ones?

I think they look great!

:D

LVMarauder
05-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Sound Wise I cant tell by the video they sound that much deeper than my res delete tips, Appearance wise they look bigger and still go with the car , look great.

MarauderMark
05-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I love the the big open end Looks great:up:
1 question are they as long as the regular tips or shorter and are they megs?

supa_carrot
05-04-2006, 07:17 PM
I think they look really good. As for the video I can't tell much as I think my Marauder with stock exhaust except for Flowmaster Super 40s is deeper. During the 3-4,000 RPM range inside the car with windows up they definately sound much deeper and louder. I could be wrong as this wasn't in person but this is just my opinion.

Rider90
05-04-2006, 07:17 PM
I love the the big open end Looks great:up:
1 question are they as long as the regular tips or shorter and are they megs?
They are shorter and they are made by Magnaflow

Thanks for the kind words guys. I cannot speak much for the 4" tip VS. 3.5" tip but I can say I should have thrown away the resonated tips a long, long time ago. This gets me excited for my mufflers that are on their way here (Per UPS will arrive on the 9th) I can hardly wait.

Rider90
05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Do these simply attach to the stock tail pipes like the stock ones?

I think they look great!

:D
If by simply you mean they need to be welded, yes. I had the shop fab up a new hanger for me as well.

Rider90
05-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Well that just selled the deal for me to get some 4" tips. People said that a 4" tip would be ricer but like Breadfan said it fills out the bumper pretty nice and with wider tires on the rear I think they will look more muscle like. My friend has a 2000 Mustang GT and did 4" tips and I could hear the difference from his old 3" ones and really filled the bumper out. Gives it that authority look and you its going to make a ricer or whoever have 2nd thoughts about messin with the MM.
IMHO I think the sound of a 4" tip sounds crazy. I think it sounds like its too much. But when you see it on the car it doesn't look bad at all, we have big cars, we can get away with it.

BruteForce
05-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Just to clarify these are NOT the same tips Wes is talking about, correct? These are some sort of custom tip you picked up but not from Megs, yes?

Rider90
05-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Just to clarify these are NOT the same tips Wes is talking about, correct? These are some sort of custom tip you picked up but not from Megs, yes?
Yes.

Wes is talking about a 4" Megs tip, not a 4" Magnaflow tip.

ctrlraven
05-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Just to clarify these are NOT the same tips Wes is talking about, correct? These are some sort of custom tip you picked up but not from Megs, yes? But this gives us an idea of sound and looks of a 4" tip. Like I said I'm sold, I might even put a set of 4" megs on my mustang for farts and giggles:lol:

BruteForce
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
But this gives us an idea of sound and looks of a 4" tip. Like I said I'm sold, I might even put a set of 4" megs on my mustang for farts and giggles:lol:

Don't get me wrong. I totally agree. I like them 4" wide mofos. I just wanted to know if they were the Megs as Rider90 mentioned they are a tad shorter than the OEM length. I want mine to be as long or longer than OEM so i can keep the extended position I have now with the rez-delete tips.

Rider90
05-05-2006, 05:18 AM
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree. I like them 4" wide mofos. I just wanted to know if they were the Megs as Rider90 mentioned they are a tad shorter than the OEM length. I want mine to be as long or longer than OEM so i can keep the extended position I have now with the rez-delete tips.
The 4" Megs tips will the the stock length at 26" the Magnaflow ones that I have are 22"

merc6
05-05-2006, 08:09 PM
ohh there was exhaust in that vid..the whine was verry distracting ;)