PDA

View Full Version : Squeeky brakes after fix

Motorhead350
05-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Got the Marauder back from a brake job about a month ago and the brakes still squeek. They were never like this before. I had 4 warped brake rotors :rolleyes: and they told me 3 were machined and 1 had to be replaced. Anyone know what could be causing this? I was told the brake pads, but I figured their brand new. Also if I brake, let off and brake again the squeek will sometimes go away.... not always. Any takers?

fastblackmerc
05-05-2006, 11:52 AM
There should be some anti-squeal clips and/or pads for the brake pads. They may be missing. Or there could not be enough "play" in the rotor.

KillJoy
05-05-2006, 12:02 PM
I got some stuff from a chani Auto Store that is a silver-ish spray on. Spray it on the Rotors. A few progressivly harder stops later.....no more squeaks.

KillJoy

RoyLPita
05-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Take it back from where you had the work done. They should take care of it.

ezratty
05-05-2006, 12:28 PM
the squeek should only happen when you hit the brakes, if it happens when you are not on the brakes is a wear indicator rubbing against the rotor. most likely they gave you cheap pads that are produce a lot of dust, that is what causes some squeeks. You could try cleaning off the rotors of extra dust either by spraying them or use brake parts cleaner.

P.S. Learn from someone how to do a brake job. it is easy as pie and will save you a ton of money not to mention you do it right and put quality parts on.

Motorhead350
05-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I bought some spray a few weeks back then it said not to spray the rotor. I never understood the directions so I never used it.