PDA

View Full Version : Ryan (PI) Could Use a Little Support from the Gang Right About Now...

Rhino
05-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

Wanted to let y'all know that Ryan had an accident tonight with Big Red and the car is likely totalled. http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=1164975&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=1
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/320436/fullsize/DSCF0027.JPG
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/320435/fullsize/DSCF0026.JPG

Good news is that he's ok and doing well after being a little shook up. Bad news is the car is likely a goner. Both airbags deployed and the radiator support is pushed in, etc. Likely will cost more to fix than it's worth.

Right about now Ryan could use a good cheering up and your support. RIP Big Red! At least Ryan made it out unscathed!!

Rider90
05-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Glad to hear you're okay Ryan! I remember seeing your car on CrownVic.net back in the day and always admiring how nice it looked. I'm sorry to hear it may be totaled, but I'm glad to hear you are not.

teamrope
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
OUCH! I'm glad you did not get hurt Ryan.

I wouldn't write Big Red off yet. I've seen insurance companies pay to fix cars that were beat up a lot worse.

If not I know someone has a Marauder for sale.

Blue03
05-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi Ryan,
Hope you and everyone else is OK!!! Keep us posted when you feel up to it and let us know if there is anything we can do to help! Hang in there!!!
Cheers Bruce

BruteForce
05-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Bad news: beautiful red Vic is out. :(

Good news: beautiful black/silver/DTR/blue MM is in! :D

MM2004
05-06-2006, 05:37 AM
Ryan,

The only thing I can say is the Panther did it's job and protected you.

Get well and hang in there dude.

Mike.

Tallboy
05-06-2006, 05:48 AM
The only thing that matters is no one got hurt.

If it's totalled, you get to start down a whole new path with a new friend. If it's fixed-your love affair continues. Good news either way, in my opinion.

Cobra25
05-06-2006, 06:04 AM
Good too now no one got hurt.

RoyLPita
05-06-2006, 06:12 AM
It is good to hear that Ryan is ok. Cars can be replaced. Lives cannot.

Blackmobile
05-06-2006, 06:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear your ride was hurt, but glad you're able to talk about it. It looks like a lot of damage, but with a new fender, hood, grill, bumper cover and support, and a few misc. parts it can be rebuilt, and made even better. Here is a pix of my father's Cordoba that I had a fender bender in. The book value was $5k, but it took $6k to fix it. The ins. co. didn't know the total cost until completion. If this could be done so can yours. Good Luckhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/9/6/9/scan.jpg

RoyLPita
05-06-2006, 07:18 AM
I had left front damage on my GM LS HPP #2 to a point where I could not open the drivers side door. Within 4 days of the accident, I bought a front clip for $1000 and installed what I needed in one day---without draining the cooling or a/c.

Bluerauder
05-06-2006, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't write Big Red off yet. I've seen insurance companies pay to fix cars that were beat up a lot worse.
Also would like to say that I'm glad no one got hurt. :(

I agree, BJ. It looks fixable to me unless the suspension on the passenger side has suffered damage or the engine has been shifted. Looks like a $6500 job to me. :dunno:

martyo
05-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Sorry to hear Ryan!

Looks like a parking lot accident. What happended?

Hotrauder
05-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Glad you are ok. I have seen a lot worse looking benders get fixed. Good luck. Chuck has the right approach. If fixed the love affair contines, if dead a whole new romance..maybe with a real street hip swinging sl*t........a (sl@t........a) MARAUDER. Fast girls with spunk are FUN. Hang on for the ride. Dennis:D

Bigdogjim
05-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Any accident you can walk away from it a good thing!

Now slow down till Insurance Company has their say and go forward from that point, which every way you go we will be right here.

Wagonmaster
05-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Dude, that so blows. I'm glad your safe. NADA guide values your car @ a more realistic $6,500 so dont give up hope. Did you get cited for Neg driving? If you decide to upgrade I know of a real clean Marauder for sale...wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Maybe this is a sign from God himself that you are to be in the driver's seat of my MM. I wouldn't take this too lightly!! It's no coincidence that you found my car for sale in two seperate locations. Consider it Mercyful Fate because you're still alive. You should purchase right away!

GT

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Ryan - Glad to hear you were not hurt.:D
The CV did it's job of protecting you.

RoyLPita
05-08-2006, 05:17 AM
BTW, aren't red CVPI's rare????

SID210SA
05-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Glad you are ok.....if the car is totaled you could purchase it back and make it another project car or just part it out and make the best of it that way. I hope everything goes in your favor. Mike

Ryans PI
05-13-2006, 11:26 PM
I appreciate what everyone has said. Unfortunatly, the insurance felt it would cost to much to fix because of how much it was worth, so they totalled it. It's pretty hard to let go since it was a great looking car, plus it was my first car. It is still a little depressing knowing I'll never see it again.

I am already looking for another one, but I am going to take my time since I'm driving my mom's old '95 Taurus. I'd love to buy Wagon's Marauder, but I do not make the amount of money to buy the car and still have some play money.

Ryans PI
05-13-2006, 11:53 PM
BTW, aren't red CVPI's rare????

Yes, and that's one reason why it was hard to let it go.

Eric91Z
05-14-2006, 09:42 AM
I appreciate what everyone has said. Unfortunatly, the insurance felt it would cost to much to fix because of how much it was worth, so they totalled it. It's pretty hard to let go since it was a great looking car, plus it was my first car. It is still a little depressing knowing I'll never see it again.

I am already looking for another one, but I am going to take my time since I'm driving my mom's old '95 Taurus. I'd love to buy Wagon's Marauder, but I do not make the amount of money to buy the car and still have some play money.

Just saw the other day that there is an '03 Marauder for sale close to here in Des Moines, IA listed at $13,995. I have no idea of miles, condition, or 300A or B (although I would guess it is probably a 300A).

Just passing it on. Glad you are OK and was able to walk away. One more reason I want another Panther for a daily driver instead of some econobox or more fuel effecient vehicle is for the safety of them.

1 BAD 03 MM
06-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear about the car. It was really nice. Do you have any idea what auction it might end up at? I have some friends who buy totaled cars and fix them up. They may have some connections to find it if you wanted to buy it back at an auction. Can't say how much it would cost though, could be 1500.00 could be 5000.00, and you gotta pay cash. Just a thought since it was a really nice species of the panther genus.

I bought a 1996 Gran Marquis with 54,000mi. last year for 1650.00 (tax, dealer fee, all the jive.) I have about 2000.00 in it now. New bumper cover, fender, header panel, headlights, marker lights, and also straightened the frame with a friend. It cost 100.00 to rent the frame machine for a day. I put the cool crown vic wheels on it. Gonna paint them black in the middle and leave the lip shiny aluminum. It's silver right now. Gonna see what it looks like with the black wheels. If I don't like, I'll paint it...........BLACK.

Also have the mufflers off the MM for it. A tuner to get retuned (long story) and eventually the 3.55's out of the MM. (it needs shocks too, it's got the grandpa suspension. )

(I might be willing to sell it relatively cheap if you were even remotely interested. It's a panther too.)

Anyway.......sorry about your car Ryan.

gotta get back to work........