PDA

View Full Version : Cruzer's Arm Rest

MM03MOK
05-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Cruzer's Arm Rest

Two versions: Snap-On

http://buyplaneparts.com/productImages/cruzer-snap1.jpg http://buyplaneparts.com/productImages/cruzer-snap2.jpg (http://buyplaneparts.com/productdetails.asp?id=2676)

Permanent Mount

http://buyplaneparts.com/productImages/cruzer-perm2.jpg (http://buyplaneparts.com/productdetails.asp?id=2706)

Click on the pictures above for ordering information.

Your car won't go faster or look better, but you will enjoy the trip more. Our very own Cruzer, aka PoP-PoP 'Rauder, aka Uncle Maury, has brought his invention to reality.

Give your shoulder a rest on those long drives. Simply snap Cruzer's Rest into position over the driver's side armrest and enjoy the new comfort that it provides. Cruzer's Rest is quick and easy to install and will not damage your car's upholstery.

Note: If you have heated seats, when odering the Snap-On, add a note in the Comments box and we will modify the armrest for you.

The Permanent Mount is supplied 3M Automotive Trim Tape, and will not damage your door panel. It is smaller than the Snap-On version and does not hide the door panel.

Both are made of black, high-impact ABS which lasts a long time. Illustrated instructions are included.

Fits:
Panther (P71) platform: 2003-2006 Ford Crown Victoria (incl. Police Interceptors), Mercury Marauder, Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Grand Marquis

cruzer
05-07-2006, 08:34 PM
As many of you know, I've been working on this a couple of years--finally got a local aircraft parts manufacturer to take on the project--this is the result. PLEASE post or PM me if you have questions or comments--the fabricator has left the customer service end to me. I know there are changes that can be made--having them built locally makes instant changes possible--they will be produced in small batches as often as needed, so changes can be incorporated. I have almost 10,000 miles of research in--this design seemed to work best. We kept the cost as low as possible--so we probably will come out with "options" as they are suggested. I have the construction specs if anyone is interested. This is my first business venture (this airline pilot just enjoyed flying--no side businesses:) ) so bear with me. Hope you like them. Maury
Oh yes--you don't have to fill out any of the info referencing aircraft on the order form. JMS

MI2QWK4U
05-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Maury!
That looks great! Congrats on your invention. Definitely calls for an inspection of my armrest tomorrow. Looks real comfortable for a long haul, like the next MV....

martyo
05-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Nice job Uncle Maury!

juno
05-08-2006, 04:48 AM
Looks great! I always wanted a higher arm rest.

Hotrauder
05-08-2006, 05:43 AM
Hi Pop Pop Rauder. Very nice design and execution. My immediate inclination was to buy the one with the hanger and then modify when I had confirmed I wanted the rest permanently mounted. After consideration I have decided to order the permanent mount because of the cleaner lines. If it is not the perfect answer for me then some one else will have an opportunity to use it. Thanks Maury. I hope this venture will be as successful as I expect it to be. Give that little sweetheart a hug for me. Dennis:)

SergntMac
05-08-2006, 05:48 AM
I have a prototype from Maury that I've field tested for 500 miles now. It's everything as stated here, and in my case, it's more. This arm rest extension is perfect for me and my posture in the driver's seat. My only disappointment was clearance with the heated seat switch, and that's been corrected.

Bravo, Maury. This is a fine product, and an excellent accessory for the Marauder.

RoyLPita
05-08-2006, 05:50 AM
Way to go, Maury!!!! :up:

Hotrauder
05-08-2006, 06:14 AM
Got it ordered, Maury. Painless process. They carry a nice selection of Pilot supplies and gear. Found some other flying stuff I am interested in, too. Thanks. Dennis:D

MM03MOK
05-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Just so I don't scare anyone else, I changed the title of the thread to Cruzer's Arm Rest. Sorry about that, KJS!

I too have had the pleasure of testing this mod real-time. It's perfect for me because I never could use the arm rest at the OEM height to be comfortable driving. My arm resting position was either on my lap or on the top of the door (but the lock always got in the way.) With the Snap-On vesrion, my arm rests comfortably on the Rest. The top of the Rest also covers enough of the door lock area that I can now use that too.

Thank you, Maury, for making it real! :up:

merc6
05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
I could have used that today! Any word if it interfears with side impact air bags?

SergntMac
05-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Any word if it interfears with side impact air bags? My first concern, sir, thank you for mentioning it here.

My answer is no, no interference. The side air bags on the Marauder deploy from the outside bolster of the seat back, not the door. Driver's side from your left, passenger side from your right, and it will deploy between the arm rest mounted on the door and your body.

Any "interference" would be the same as if your window was open and your arm was resting on the "top shelf". Air bag deployment rises from the seat back behind your arm, and pushes your arm back inside the window area. This armrest extension does not change that deployment.

BTW, I am also a police officer who drives to work in full duty uniform, and this armrest extension does not interfere with any additional equipment I carry with me from home to my daily assignment. Of course, your results may vary on this topic, due to your assignment and your equipment.

Hope this helps...

merc6
05-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanx for the reply. They won't let us near the P71, any word if it works on the wimpalas too?

Hotrauder
05-16-2006, 11:27 AM
My Cruzer's Arm Rest arrived last night and this morning I installed it and took it for a ride. I am happy to report that my left arm is just as happy as my left foot. It feels right, does what it is supposed to do and looks fine. the fit is good and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something to do with their left arm while driving. Pop Pop Rauder has a winner. Thanks Maury. Dennis:2thumbs:

Svashtar
05-19-2006, 06:24 PM
This is a cool idea! But the front of your arm is unsupported correct? Does it add any difficulty in getting your arm down to the window buttons? I am pretty big and have trouble resting my left arm. Usually have to rest it on the top of the door and have the button poke me.

Congrats on a great design and I hope it is successful for you.

Norm

cruzer
05-19-2006, 09:15 PM
This is a cool idea! But the front of your arm is unsupported correct? Does it add any difficulty in getting your arm down to the window buttons? I am pretty big and have trouble resting my left arm. Usually have to rest it on the top of the door and have the button poke me.

Congrats on a great design and I hope it is successful for you.

Norm
Thanks for the interest, Norm. There is no interference with or is there any conflict in ease of operation of the switch panel---in fact it is quite comfortable. The purpose of the design was to give a balanced support for the left arm. I rest my left hand on the steering wheel--giving me quick control response and also a natural position. I actively control the car with my right hand, but the left hand on the wheel is comfortable. Sometimes it takes slight adjustments in seat and steering wheel position to get the most comfortable position. The real pay-off comes when you make a trip of an hour or more---a 14 hour drive doesn't leave you with a tired left shoulder. If you want to give it a try---order one---if you don't like it, give me a call at the number on the label and return shipping and refund will be arranged--you will be dealing with me, not the fabricator. I hope you try it--all comments will be appreciated . Drive safely, but with GUSTO !!!!, Maury

SergntMac
05-20-2006, 05:19 AM
As I continue my field testing, I find my left elbow rubs the arm rest in a wrong way. Seems there's no meat on that bone, and the way I sit behind the wheel on long drives, it talks to me.

First, I folded a shop rag into a cushion to see if I was headed in the right direction. Then I found a scrap of that rubbery material used to line a mechanic's tool box drawer. It's only 1/16 of an inch thick of rubbery foam, but easy to trim to fit. It has a testure on one side that's very similar to the testurt of the rest. Adding a strip of double-sided carpet tape and problem solved.

Thanks again, Maury! Congrats on a wonderful product!

cruzer
05-20-2006, 08:53 PM
As I continue my field testing, I find my left elbow rubs the arm rest in a wrong way. Seems there's no meat on that bone, and the way I sit behind the wheel on long drives, it talks to me.

First, I folded a shop rag into a cushion to see if I was headed in the right direction. Then I found a scrap of that rubbery material used to line a mechanic's tool box drawer. It's only 1/16 of an inch thick of rubbery foam, but easy to trim to fit. It has a testure on one side that's very similar to the testurt of the rest. Adding a strip of double-sided carpet tape and problem solved.

Thanks again, Maury! Congrats on a wonderful product!
Thanks for the comments, Mac. I have been working on this problem , but haven't found an adhesive that is easy to use and durable--anybody got an idea--free retrofit if we can solve this one easily. Maury

HotrodMerc
05-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Maury, a Q. re: driving position and the armrest: does it help in holding the wheel with left hand while resting left arm on the armrest? This is one thing i find uncomfortable about the MM, as well as the two-spoke Ford truck steering wheels. They are very uncomfortable to me in trying to rest your arms on armrest and console while having a good grasp on the wheel. This seems to be partly due to the width of the vehicle, compared to some, but also due to the two spoke wheel and placement of those two spokes, compared with a good four spoke wheel, as most other Ford vehicles have had now for several years, and as GM trucks have had for a couple of decades or more.

Other Q.: is the problem with the elbow irritation that Sarge speaks of because of the type of material, or the width of the armrest, such as your arm rubbing on the corner of the rest?

Thanks, and i am interested in one, especially if it is helpful in the case of driving position mentioned above.

cruzer
05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
I find resting my left hand below the spoke in a relaxed position works--if I am driving with my left hand, which I do a lot, I place my hand so the palm is over the spoke and my fingers curl comfortably on the top of the spoke--it takes a little experimenting with wheel tilt and seat position to find your particular positioning--hope this answers that question. Now, the plastic is hard, shiny, textured and slick--I am working on a stick-on pad to make it more comfortable--In my test driving I was aware of this , but I haven't been able to find a suitable adhesive to hold the pad in place--free retrofit when I get it worked out. --hope this answers your questions --PM me if I can be of any further help, Maury

SergntMac
05-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Other Q.: is the problem with the elbow irritation that Sarge speaks of because of the type of material, or the width of the armrest, such as your arm rubbing on the corner of the rest? No, it's because I have a bony elbow.

The size and position of the new rest is perfect for me, it's quite a benefit in short and long road trips. Howver, my "angle of attack" to the steering wheel places more of my body weight on my elbow. I'm leaning on it, not resting on it.

I've made a few adjustments to steering and seat to see if I could tune around it, but to no avail. It's my bad habit that has to change, not the rest. The length of my arm from the elbow to the wheel, and the way I sit behind the wheel leads to some discomfort, and I do not expect others to be uncomfortable.

Maury...Look for some double sided carpet seam tape, it's working great for me.

HotrodMerc
05-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Maury, I assume that you are describing your driving position with your product in place, rather than the stock armrest alone. I am not sure your answer covered my question. To restate, if you wanted to hold the wheel at the spokes, which i would say is about 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock positions, or if you wanted to hold it at 3 and 9 o'clock positions, while resting your elbows on console and door armrest, does your armrest help you to do so more comfortably, or help to do it at all? In my driving position, i like to have the wheel where i can comfortably hold it at the 3 & 9 o'clock position, as they teach in Driver's Ed. and in track driving schools that i have attended.

But due to 1, the relation of the wheel and pedals, 2, width of car (seat/console/door armrest width), 3, length of my arms (34 sleeve length), and 4, limited selections of steering wheel position notches, versus an infinitely adjustable clamp type tilt, i find it impossible to get a comfortable cruise position of simultaneously resting the arms, on my bony elbows as with Sarge, and holding the wheel at said position, and being able to see the top of the speedometer. I am about 6', 154 lbs., not what i would call especially tall. But if i get the seat where i can comfortably hold the wheel, i am too close to the pedals, even with the adjustable pedals as far away as possible. Also, in such position, there is not enough space between the wheel and my leg when braking, with the wheel in the 2nd lowest position. If i back the seat up more, to increase leg space, and rest my elbows on the armrests, then i can only touch the wheel with about the end 1/2 of my fingers. If i want to really grip the wheel where i can get my fingers around the wheel, which isn't possible at the wide two spokes, then i cannot rest my arms, but have to hold them up. Maybe what is needed as an add on is a wider armrest, as well as higher rest?

Actually, two things that are really needed which aren't going to happen in our cars are 1, a telescoping steering wheel, rather than the adustable pedals, which swing higher as they come closer, and do not go far away enough; and 2, a good four-spoke steering wheel, that you can get your fingers around at the 4/8 or the 3/9 positions while resting your elbows on the rests. I have had one vehicle where this was possible and it was very comfortable:) , but much more narrow than the Panther platform. I was made lazy and spoiled by such position, but am much more comfortable in vehicles such as my wife's Bonneville because of that.

I have tried holding the wheel as you describe, in my Ford trucks as well as the Marauder, and while i could get used to it as far as comfort, i don't believe it is a good position to drive in where you may need more control of the wheel very quickly:nono: , which is why they teach the 3/9 position in driving schools, and one reason i am not comfortable with driving like that.
Is a slightly wider armrest feasible?
For adhesion, have you tried some of the ordinary Scotch double sticky-sided tape?
Thanks, HRM:burnout:

cruzer
05-27-2006, 08:30 PM
HRM. I think I understand what you are talking about--I am 6'2" and weight 235 # and drive with the seat all the way back and the seat high and back full forward--pedals full forward. I will take pics of me sitting in the car and see if they answer your questions. In order to make the rest where you could easily reach the console--the angle had to be used ---it can be widened--but that would require a new mold. On long x-country trips ( I put 20M+ on my MM every year) I usually rest my left hand comfortable in the left b ottom quadrant of the steering whell--I have instant response capability with more than adequate displacement for a controlled high speed turn. I rest my right hand on the shift lever--readily available for quick reaction on the wheel. I've had some pretty tight situations and never had a steering problem. I have done laps at 100+ on Texas Motor speedway with the rests installed and run the police road course pursuit scenario with no difficulty. I think we will be getting some comments from LEOs in the very near future. I hope the pics will help, Maury

cruzer
05-29-2006, 08:06 PM
HRM, I took these pics today--my wife is 5'2" @ 130 #--with the pedals full back, seat high and erect and steering wheel adjusted, she is comfortable as pictured. I am 6'2"@235#--pedals full fwd , seat up, back erect and wheel adjusted--I'm very comfortable. The point I am trying to make is , when you are cruising long distances, the arm rest allows a relaxed and comfortable position. When you have to move aggressiviely, your arm will instinctivly lift off the arm rest and the rest will not interfere with full maneuvering deflections. I hope this answers your questions. Thanks for asking, Maury

LCSO34
06-04-2006, 05:32 PM
I have had the armrest for about a week now and I like it! I popped it on the car and drove three hours back from Dallas to OK and it was very nice. I had to retrain my arm to rest on it instead of the door or in my lap, but that took all of about the first 15 minutes of driving. The real test came when I took it off and my left arm was "searching" for it. I like it so much I am going to get the permanent one and shop the snap on version around the Sheriff Office and PD when I get home. As far as a LEO I don't see where it would affect much as we are taught to shuffle steer and whereas our arms don't much around that much. I will try it on some of our bigger cornbread and butterbean eatin deputies when I get home and we should have driver training in the next couple of months. Hats off to Maury for a well thought out mod. Thanks :D:D:beer:

fastblackmerc
06-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Adhesive? How about Gorilla Glue?

cruzer
06-04-2006, 07:30 PM
I have had the armrest for about a week now and I like it! I popped it on the car and drove three hours back from Dallas to OK and it was very nice. I had to retrain my arm to rest on it instead of the door or in my lap, but that took all of about the first 15 minutes of driving. The real test came when I took it off and my left arm was "searching" for it. I like it so much I am going to get the permanent one and shop the snap on version around the Sheriff Office and PD when I get home. As far as a LEO I don't see where it would affect much as we are taught to shuffle steer and whereas our arms don't much around that much. I will try it on some of our bigger cornbread and butterbean eatin deputies when I get home and we should have driver training in the next couple of months. Hats off to Maury for a well thought out mod. Thanks :D:D:beer:
Ken, I'm glad you like the arm rest--it does require about 15-30 minutes conditioning, but after a very short time, your arm looks for it every time you get in the car. Give me a call when you are passing through and I will have the permanent mount with a pad--you can do the field test on the adhesive method:D We reallly have enjoyed having you visit with us--will try to work out a stop in Meridian on the way home from MV4. Good luck with the exams and I'll see you soon. Maury

HotrodMerc
06-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the pics Maury, they are a help. Havn't been on here for a while, have been getting a new trailer ready to take the MM to the MidAm. Shelby & Ford meet in Tulsa. It also helped that i got in the car and checked it out with your photos. I havn't driven the car much, simply because of the comfort issue with the driving position, particularly with the wheel and pedals, and hadn't driven it anywhere since last summer. I like to drive with hands at the 9 and 3 positions partly because of control, and partly just because i got used to resting my elbows on armrest and console in a '90 Cherokee, and am very comfortable with that position, just due to laziness if nothing else. I really don't feel comfortable for very long with the position of arms in the lap, but that seems to be a poplular position. But after sitting in the car again i see that if your armrest addition tops at the level of the bottom edge of the "dot matrix" panel, that would make the position i like with the left arm feasible. So what is the current price of your "permanent" mount armrest? And have you thought about doing anything with the console lid to make resting the right arm any easier with R hand at 3 oclock position? Thanks, Joe

DMcLaughlin
06-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Ok....so how do I go about ordering one and how much might they be?

cruzer
06-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the interest and comments--to order, just click on the picture of the type of choice in the first post of this thread--disregard questions about type of aircraft, etc.---this is a standard for the company uses--the order dep't will take care of everything for you.--and , yes, I am working on something to raise the console level---but it will probably be a product you can purchase locally--that's the idea I am working on. If you have heated seats--please enter info into "remarks" section. Let me know how you like them, Maury

CRZYBIKER
06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Maury,
If the idea is the for the soft pad not to be removed ever again, 3-M SUPER Trim Adhesive will be the ticket. The General trim adhesive may be a little weak, but the super is very strong stuff. Might test on scrap material first to make sure it would not degrade the arm rest itself, but I do not think it will. I have used that stuff to hold motorcycle seats together and it does not weaken over time.
I will be ordering a rest for sure as soon as the cash is more plentiful.

SergntMac
06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Maury asked me to give his product a field test, and he was kind enough to supply a prototype. I beat on it, did everything I could to find a flaw. The only flaw I found was corrected before I got the sample, and that was a cut out for the heated seat switch.

It works great, and I miss it within 5 minutes when it's gets left behind the other other car. A very unique product, and very well made. Surley, this won't be for everyone, and some of you may be sitting on the fence and want to try it out before you invest. I agree, so, here's the deal...

First member here who can e-mail me a shipping address, I'll send it out to you UPS, and cover the shipping. You agree to test it until your questions are answered, report on it here, then make the same offer to remaining members. YOU pay the shipping to the next guy, K? And it keeps rolling until it's not necessary anymore.

E-Mail me at SergntMac@aol.com and include you complete shipping address, contact phone number and screen name. I'll have in the UPS system the next day.

Ready,
Set,
GO!

KillJoy
06-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Sounds like a good deal Mac.

I have tried it too.....in Mac's car. Definately nice product. I can see it's usefulness.

KillJoy

cruzer
06-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Maury asked me to give his product a field test, and he was kind enough to supply a prototype. I beat on it, did everything I could to find a flaw. The only flaw I found was corrected before I got the sample, and that was a cut out for the heated seat switch.

It works great, and I miss it within 5 minutes when it's gets left behind the other other car. A very unique product, and very well made. Surley, this won't be for everyone, and some of you may be sitting on the fence and want to try it out before you invest. I agree, so, here's the deal...

First member here who can e-mail me a shipping address, I'll send it out to you UPS, and cover the shipping. You agree to test it until your questions are answered, report on it here, then make the same offer to remaining members. YOU pay the shipping to the next guy, K? And it keeps rolling until it's not necessary anymore.

E-Mail me at SergntMac@aol.com and include you complete shipping address, contact phone number and screen name. I'll have in the UPS system the next day.

Ready,
Set,
GO!
Thanks, Mac--I really appreciate the effort--a replacement will be on the way--modified for your heated seats--can't have you doing without your dead pedal for the arm:D Looking forward to seeing you in the near future, Maury

cruzer
07-14-2006, 08:44 PM
I would like to hear from those who have the arm rests--good or bad comments will be greatly appreciated. We have the capability to do changes if necessary--we just have to know your comments. Thanks for the support, Maury

fastblackmerc
07-17-2006, 10:33 AM

Ready,
Set,
GO!
SergntMac sent me his arm rest. I like it and am going to buy one. SergntMac's is ready to go to the next person. PM me with you mailing address.

Marauderman
07-18-2006, 04:17 AM
SergntMac sent me his arm rest. I like it and am going to buy one. SergntMac's is ready to go to the next person. PM me with you mailing address.
Hey Jim--You coming by this way anytime soon-???-maybe I can take a look ---tell us your thoughts on it--,Tom

fastblackmerc
07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I really like it. Makes long drives more comfortable. Your arms are at the same level - right arm on the center console - left arm on Cruzer's arm rest. I like the portable / removable model.

Hotrauder
07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I have spend a lot of time and a lot of dollars making my DTR mine. Positively the best two for bang for the buck and driving comfort are my BC4E Dead pedal and my Cruisers Arm Rest. Both are inexpensive, beautifully engineered and work perfectly. They have improved my comfort and enjoyment of highway driving. I did not realize one other important factor until my wife noticed that my posture is much better driving the car and that I sit straight and square behind the wheel now. this may contribute to the fact that I am much more fresh after long hauls on the road. I recommend both of these fine items for the Marauder to everyone who has a left arm and leg. Dennis:beer: Disclaimer, I sent Maury a free Pop Pop Rauder Mercury 8 tee shirt for the right to rave about his product.:D Permanent Arm Rest has been on the car since 5/17/06. No issues, period.

cruzer
07-18-2006, 09:01 PM
I know I'm prejudiced, but I won't drive my MM without the rest. I designed this to relieve pressure on a badly damaged rotator cup and it worked. I also agree, a good dead pedal and the rest really take the strain out of long drives. They are a work in progress and all comments will be attended to--I believe I have found a material that will work as a cushion over the hard plastic--need a few more weeks road testing to put it out--free to anyone who has a rest. Also, if you have any questions or comments-PM, e-mail ( cruzermm@aol.com) or call 817-296-3819. --any comments about quality, problems, etc should be sent directly to me--I see the fabricator at least once a week and any changes needed will be made pretty quick--we only make 6 at a time, so there are no units in the warehouse. Any LEO who like to try the rest and get it approved for use in his CVPI--give me a call. I really appreciate the support and comments-- Thanks, Maury

fastblackmerc
07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Bump... bump

max454
08-03-2006, 03:36 PM
any updates ?

cruzer
08-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks for asking---yes, I have been working on the permanent version--I used black Velcro to attach it and it works great---I think better than the tape---looks a lot more finished and is VERY stable---anyone with one, let me know and I'll send you a conversion kit FREE. I would still like to hear from some police officers who drive CVPIs or a Marauder--I need info to help me get these into the field and let people see what a difference they make on a long duty day--about 5,000 miles x-country driving with one has convinced me. Hope to hear from some of you soon, Maury

Mesencephalon
08-06-2006, 11:00 PM
I really like it. Makes long drives more comfortable. Your arms are at the same level - right arm on the center console - left arm on Cruzer's arm rest. I like the portable / removable model.
Okay, just have to ask, which arm are you steering with? 'cause ... yikes! :P that leaves you either steering with your knees or you are one POPULAR GUY with the ladies! :eek::rolleyes::lol:

HotrodMerc
08-20-2006, 08:11 PM
I know I'm prejudiced, but I won't drive my MM without the rest....They are a work in progress and all comments will be attended to--I believe I have found a material that will work as a cushion over the hard plastic--need a few more weeks road testing to put it out.....

Maury, i have been procrastinating ordering one of the rests, though i eventually will. I have one of BC4E's deadpedals laying on the floor of the car, too many other things to attend to. Having one of your armrests is one thing that probably would lead me to drive the car more, along with a SC and better brakes. Have you had any progress incorporating the softer material you mentioned, and do you anticipate that it will become the actual cover material, rather than an add-on material as you mentioned?
Thanks, Joe

BTW, when i do get one of the rests, will endeavor to show it to the local gendarmes (police, Sheriff's dept and maybe the smokies, each of whom i happen to be aquainted with, including but not only for the reasons our readers might assume). :lol: HRM

Hotrauder
08-21-2006, 06:21 AM
I have had the retro fit kit from Maury installed in the FruitPunch for almost 2 weeks now and it is great. The comfort pad looks factory installed and the velcro attachment is superb. The door panel will give way before the arm rest comes off. However if one wishes to remove the arm rest it is simple to do. this is a great upgrade to a wonderful mod. thanks Maury. Happy motoring. Dennis:)

cruzer
08-22-2006, 08:40 PM
I think I have solved 2 problems--I have switched to a Velcro attachment method for the permanent arm rest and a pad that will solve the cushion problem on all the arm rests. ALL OWNERS will be shipped a kit as soon as I get a mailing address--Velcro mount for permanent and pads for all---please include your mm.net screen name and a mailing address--PM, e-mail nc32515@aol.com--phone 817-296-3819--the fabricator is doing an audit and I can't get a list from him until they finish--so contact me direct. Hope you are enjoying the "dead pedal for your arm"--Looking forward to hearing from you--T H A N K S Maury

unclebuck
09-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Can the "snap on" be converted later to "permanent"?
Will there be any MMs at MVIV sporting this mod?
Thanks,
UncleBuck

Hotrauder
09-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Can the "snap on" be converted later to "permanent"?
Will there be any MMs at MVIV sporting this mod?
Thanks,
UncleBuck

I will be there UB. I have the permanent but from the pics it looks as tho amputation of the up the door mounting piece of the temporary would be quite easy. I believe that Maury indicated that he will be there. He is the wizard. Dennis:)

cruzer
09-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Things have been very hectic around the Seitz household for over a month--no details, but I'm up to my ears in some projects involving thousands of dollars right now. Things are looking much better as of yesterday when a major problem was solved---i now have a list of all permanent type rests and your mod kit will be in the mail by next week--I just have to find the time to sit down and cut the material.
Yes, a snap- on can be converted to a perm type by cutting the top part off flush with the rest itself--use a slow speed saw, hot wire or any other plastic cutting device. The Velcro kit really solves the mounting problem--I have had mine off a few times and it goes back on as tight as ever---and the cushion is still firmly in place. Really upset with myself for letting this delay happen--will do better in the future. The fabricator is back up and running , so they are taking orders. Thanks for the support and understanding, Maury

cruzer
10-18-2006, 08:43 PM
For letting you great folks down. The situation at home is still hectic, but under control. I Priority Mailed kits to all people on the fabricator's list today---if you don't get it by Friday, give me a call or e-mail. I believe you will enjoy the changes--let me know if there is anything I can do, Sincerely, Maury

Hotrauder
10-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Maury, we are family. Not to worry. I received a second kit today.( I did the trial back in August so I was already all set. Anyone who needs a kit let me know and I will forward it on or return it to Maury. Our prayers are with you, Pop Pop Rauder and with Ginny. Dennis and Penny

cruzer
11-02-2006, 11:04 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry: It is going to be impossible for me to get away for even a day in Orlando--I've sold my plane and delivery is the 10th--no control over this. I will be there in spirit. Marauderville has become a part of my life and will really miss being with you folks. There will be some examples of the arm rest there--I'm sure the owners will be glad to show the product. Have fun and be safe, Maury

juno
11-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Maury,

I ordered and received mine. My car is not mobile but I sat in it with the new armrest and made motor noises like a 10 year old. I likey!!!! Thanks!

Vortex
11-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Since Maury isnt going to be able to make the trip this year he asked me to bring along a few of his armrests for your consideration. I will have four of them for sale, one (1) for heated seats equipped cars and three (3) for cars without heated seats. Just look me up at the Seralago!

cruzer
11-05-2006, 09:43 AM
As I said earlier, I won't be at MV4:cry: I had 4 arm rests I had planned to bring with me and Jim is going to do that for me. As a MV4 special, they are $ 45 each--saves shipping and a little more--let me know how you like them---hope all you folks have a safe round trip and have some fun for me. Will be following "press releases" closely--lots of pics and videos, please . See you at MV5, Maury

Oh yes, Jim drives a Silver Marauder with Texas plates.

lwblumjr
11-12-2006, 08:49 PM
As I said earlier, I won't be at MV4:cry: I had 4 arm rests I had planned to bring with me and Jim is going to do that for me. As a MV4 special, they are $ 45 each--saves shipping and a little more--let me know how you like them---hope all you folks have a safe round trip and have some fun for me. Will be following "press releases" closely--lots of pics and videos, please . See you at MV5, Maury

Oh yes, Jim drives a Silver Marauder with Texas plates.

Cruiser,

I bought one of the "snap on" Cruiser Arm Rests from Jim (he happened to be parked right next to me) on Saturday at Marauderville IV. He let me test fit it in my car and try it out. Needless to say, it never came back out. My arm fell to it like it was meant to be. Another guy a couple of cars the other way was selling his dead peddle for $50. He let me sit in his car and try it out. After checking with my wife (early birthday present) I bought that, too! His show special was free installation! You just can't beat service like that. The drive back to Pensacola (almost 500 miles) was great. Now if I can find something to do with my right leg when I have the cruise control on the ride will be discomfort free. No trouble or discomfort with my left leg or left arm for the whole trip. :) Oh, and if you missed Marauderville IV, you really missed it. Over 60 Marauders on display, Marauder drag racing, and the best yet, five laps around New Smyrna Speedway! Too cool.

max454
12-11-2006, 01:07 PM
are these still available ?

fastblackmerc
12-11-2006, 01:58 PM
See post #1.

cruzer
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
are these still available ?

Both versions are still available--just follow the instructions in the 1st post.
Thanks to those who have purchased one--would appreciate your comments. My permanent mount now has 8,000 miles on it and is working great with the velcro mod---if anyone needs a mod kit, PM me please. Thanks for the support, Folks. Maury

Marauderman
12-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Just want to add that I got one of your arm rest at MVIV and I love it--It is great and really aided while driving back --Like the nose on your face--How did we get along without it???-- Great device --Thanks once again---......Tom

max454
12-12-2006, 02:42 PM
says, site closed for ordering.

cruzer
12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
says, site closed for ordering.

Just checked with the fabricator last week---will check again tomorrow and advise---thanks for the heads-up, Maury-------Use listed phone numbers until I can get the web back up.

max454
04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
just ordered one on the website, hope they are still available and that the transaction was a safe one, cause i didnt see the small padlock on the bottom of the page

Svashtar
04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Just now seeing this after almost a year! When I first saw this only the snap-on was being offered, so I'm severely dated.

Hope they are still available, and based on the great reviews I'll order one as well.

Thanks,

Norm

P.S. Just did and it was fast and easy. The site mentions secure ordering is in place. I'll find out if that's so when I get the bill. :D

Tony_the_Brit
11-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Thought that I would just post to say that I have just bought my 3rd one (I now have 3 Crown Vic's).

If you didn't already do so, you should really promote these to cab companies and drivers - this is a wonderful product.

Mesencephalon
11-11-2007, 12:57 PM
for those of you, like me, that find that arm rest too small, to thin and to low for comfort, try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Road-Rest-Window-Arm-Rest-Gray/dp/B000Y9MR5I

it's comfortable, soft, stays where it's put and at the right height for those of us that are Tall and Broad.

I got mine from autogeeks.com but they're all over, you can even get them at Amazon ...

:beer:

max454
11-11-2007, 03:36 PM
btw, weren't these supposed to be padded ?

TiTo35
11-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Tony the Brit....whered you get those headlights from???

cruzer
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks, folks for buying the arm rest--since I sold my airplane, I haven't seen Scotty for a while--if he is shipping them without the pad, just drop me a PM and you'll have one post-haste. I'll make it a point to be sure he has complete kits by the end of the week. By the way, my permanent mount just logged it's 20,000th mile since installation--no problems. If anyone is having any problem, PLEASE let me know--PM or (817) 296-3819. Maury

HotrodMerc
10-31-2008, 11:54 AM
btw, weren't these supposed to be padded ?

Better late than never, maybe. Havn't been on here since March, but thought this might be of help to some:

I didn't care for the piece of Velcro "pad", so I took my "permanent" (I added additional double-sided tape before ever placing the rest on, and it holds very well so far) arm rest to an upholsterer who doesn't mind doing odd jobs. He made a factory looking pad, with real padding and a bead around the edge, drill holes in the top of the rest and placed plastic snap fasteners into the bottom of the pad, then snapped the pad onto the rest. Works great, is very comfortable, save for the bead he made around the pad just barely getting into my bony elbow a little, not too bad. Makes driving this car 90% more comfortable and enjoyable for me. I am not at all fond of the Ford ergonomics and the just plain :censor: silly position of the pedals in the closer position, no increase of pedal distance compared to non-adjustable (or even less distance than non-adjustable?),the relatively high seat position, the two spoke wheel, etc., but the arm rest really helps.:beer:

Now on to placing a wider aluminum cover over the accelerator pedal. Then i can rest my R foot against the trans tunnel without my foot falling between the pedal and the tunnel, or having to hold my foot up in an uncomfortable position over the very high and convexly arched accelrator pedal.

fastblackmerc
11-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Maury, any chance of another run of these?

SC Cheesehead
11-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Maury, any chance of another run of these?

I've got one that I'd sell for an outrageously high price... ;)

fastblackmerc
11-29-2012, 04:11 AM

I have one but I bet there are alot of MM's out there without one.

SC Cheesehead
11-29-2012, 06:08 AM

Ahhh, well then, let's pool our resources and see if we can't make us a fortune! ;)

Seriously, though, if Maury doesn't have the the facilities or the inclination for doing another production run, do you have any connections that may be interested? (I'm thinking LoTek, they've got molding centers that may be large enough for this type of work).

fastblackmerc
11-29-2012, 06:12 AM
Ahhh, well then, let's pool our resources and see if we can't make us a fortune! ;)

Seriously, though, if Maury doesn't have the the facilities or the inclination for doing another production run, do you have any connections that may be interested? (I'm thinking LoTek, they've got molding centers that may be large enough for this type of work).

I'll see if I can get up there tomorrow.

Marauderman
11-29-2012, 06:23 AM

Uh...........I got one too....but it is staying "on".........so you guys ..............the "one " you refer to must be an extra cause surely you drive with one installed--------right???

Mr. Man
11-29-2012, 10:56 AM
The OP just has lttle red X's. Any chance of a new pic of what this arm rest looks like?

DOOM
11-29-2012, 11:03 AM
The OP just has lttle red X's. Any chance of a new pic of what this arm rest looks like?

What he said!

Would like to see some pics!

screamn
11-29-2012, 03:25 PM
+2 on pics......would really like to see the appearance once installed.

Marauderman
11-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Mine are hidden in this cover--surely someone has one to show---

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1240228#post1 240228

imorb1994
11-29-2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=97 97&d=1156304412
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=410976&postcount=47

+2 on pics......would really like to see the appearance once installed.
Post#47

Marauderman
11-29-2012, 04:43 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=97 97&d=1156304412
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=410976&postcount=47

Post#47
Assume that's not a scratch pad...cause mine doesn't have that--:lol: Actually,mine goes over the upper part of the door into the window sill

MM03MOK
11-29-2012, 06:46 PM
The original pics in the first post were from the website of the company Maury was working with to make them. I'm sure someone can post up some pictures.

Mr. Man
11-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Baja 252 says sold for 20K+ in 2006! :eek:.

How about a sig update there chickie?. :shake::D

Blackmobile
11-29-2012, 08:52 PM
I also have one laying around.

MM03MOK
11-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Baja is still waiting for a new owner....

Mr. Man
11-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Baja is still waiting for a new owner....
Says 'SOLD' in the ad.:dunno:

cruzer
11-30-2012, 05:34 PM
I was going to post about them tonite---wondering how many still existed. I have all the original molds and have lots of pics. There were 2 versions--a clip-on and the other a semi-permanent one---the one shown in the recent posts are of the permanent type---the one I have in my car has been installed for over 100,000 miles on it in Texas weather. I made some mods that improve the design---they were made of high-impact aircraft quality plastic, vacuum-formed. I recommended the permanent type ---the clip-on could lose it's grip. I'll try to post pics of both--have to find them in my lap-top. If there is enough interest, maybe someone has a contact who could manufacture them again---my source is no longer available. By the way, over time, I have removed and reinstalled and there is absolutely no damage to the door trim. Let's see what develops--will ship the molds to anyone who can find a fabricator. Maury

fastblackmerc
11-30-2012, 08:25 PM
I was going to post about them tonite---wondering how many still existed. I have all the original molds and have lots of pics. There were 2 versions--a clip-on and the other a semi-permanent one---the one shown in the recent posts are of the permanent type---the one I have in my car has been installed for over 100,000 miles on it in Texas weather. I made some mods that improve the design---they were made of high-impact aircraft quality plastic, vacuum-formed. I recommended the permanent type ---the clip-on could lose it's grip. I'll try to post pics of both--have to find them in my lap-top. If there is enough interest, maybe someone has a contact who could manufacture them again---my source is no longer available. By the way, over time, I have removed and reinstalled and there is absolutely no damage to the door trim. Let's see what develops--will ship the molds to anyone who can find a fabricator. Maury

I'm your guy for the molds.

Will be going to visit a fabricator Monday or Tuesday.

cruzer
12-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm your guy for the molds.

Will be going to visit a fabricator Monday or Tuesday.

Call me at 817-296-3819---would really like to see more of these made--I'm sure we can work details out---Maury