PDA

View Full Version : New the MM sites, and looking for info on the Carolina Club

Steve_NC
05-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Hello all,
I have had my 2003 MM for only a few days now, and I love it. The wife and I would like to start attending events when we are able. I am newbie at this and any advice is welcome. We are thinking of attending the Orlando event, and would love to be part of the MM train into FL.
I have been in NC for 11 years, and would like to work less and enjoy life more. I look forward to hearing from all of the fellow MM owners, and learning all I can. I have some experience working on cars, and restoring older models. I have little or no knowledge about the newer models like the MM. I was doing a frame off resto on a 1971 Olds 442 when we bought our house, and I ended up having to sell the car. The MM has refired my love for massive fast cars. :burnout: My love for large cars started when I was poor and in college. I drove a 1977 Dodge Royal Monaco Brougham. It was a huge ugly dog :censor: brown, and could sleep six on the package tray. I wish I still had that 300 dollar car to this day. I learned to love working on cars when I had that broken old monster.
Hope to hear from you all soon.

Steve

jgc61sr2002
05-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Steve - Welcome aboard.:welcome: Enjoy your new ride.

dok
05-12-2006, 06:05 PM
You didn't mentioned what part of NC you are from. The Carolina Marauders usually meet once a month. We are meeting at noon tomorrow at the Quaker Steak and Lube at exit 49 of I-85.

We occasionally travel to other parts of the state. Keep checking the Carolina Marauder Forum for details.

Welcome to the group.

Steve_NC
05-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I am from Eastern Carolina,New Bern, NC Just south of Greenville.

Rick@Amazon
05-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Welcome Steve. Lots of cruises in the upstate of SC. Lots of great people.

Rick

Marauderman
05-13-2006, 03:10 PM
HI Steve and Welcome aboard--------

To start off with--Having checked your "New Bern" info --it tells me your in the east coast of NC----quite a ways from us hear in Charlotte----Doubt a run of such distance for a monthly meet is likely---however--you may want to check around --thru the net here and in your area---and start up a group there ---you may be suprised-------however--if your up for a run now and then--stay tune here as mentioned already -cause we do take trips ---I expect us to be in or near Greensboro sometime this year--our club member "Butch" is there and may have something for us later on--also in Gary ,NC is "fastblackmerc"--who may have some friends there---

As to the MVIV in Nov----you are in a great position to meet up with fastblackmerc leaving from further north of you coming down I-95 to meet up with us at I-26 intersection in SC----...

.....Additionally, it helps to know further your age and exact location and any further stuff like you already mentioned......and more on how you found/got your MM and what MODS in may already have-----

We can help you--there is a ton of info here--we all have pretty much talked about all there is to cover in the last 3 years about the car---so PM us or do a search on the "search" button .......and glad your crazy about the MM as we are......Tom

Bluerauder
05-13-2006, 04:00 PM
... and would like to work less and enjoy life more.
Steve
I think alot of us are working on the same goal. :rofl:

Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net, Steve and Happy Maraudering. :D Hope to see you at MV IV or on the way down I-95. :up:

Steve_NC
05-13-2006, 04:29 PM
I am 37 years old and feeling every bit of it. I started looking for a MM about a year ago. The original new price tag was far too much for my bank account. I found the car I wanted, and payed the price I wanted one week ago. The first mod I would like to do is add in the aftermarket Addco front and rear sway bars. Future mods would be a performance chip, larger breaks, and aftermarket control arms. I want to keep the car as close to stock as possible. I have no plans for NOS, charger or a turbo. I love the car the way it is, but would like to have it corner better.
I am up for weekend trips, and dont mind taking time off when I am able to attend events. The wife will never say it, but she is geeked for this car too.

Marauderman
05-13-2006, 04:42 PM
I am 37 years old and feeling every bit of it. I started looking for a MM about a year ago. The original new price tag was far too much for my bank account. I found the car I wanted, and payed the price I wanted one week ago. The first mod I would like to do is add in the aftermarket Addco front and rear sway bars. Future mods would be a performance chip, larger breaks, and aftermarket control arms. I want to keep the car as close to stock as possible. I have no plans for NOS, charger or a turbo. I love the car the way it is, but would like to have it corner better.
I am up for weekend trips, and dont mind taking time off when I am able to attend events. The wife will never say it, but she is geeked for this car too.
Great Info Steve---first off--it sounds right with what you want to do--I would suggest what we called "stage one"-which was a chip , lower
stat(180), 410 gears and tune tying this together--however, the sway bars are great , the rear is my suggestion first , along with the control arms...but it is better if you do it in stages rather all at once---this way you get to feel and understand your improvements better and it may change what you may want to do in the following steps---not necessarily eliminate any of those you had wanted to do but maybe the order in which you would do them--..there are a lot of input on where to get these mods you want .so check with the posted vendors here on this site--shop their prices and ask those with them....thru PMs ---all the mods you mentioned are great---but the steps you do them in is the fun of enjoying the improvements-----Tom

Hotrauder
05-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Steve, Welcome to the group. You will find the car is great almost as great as the peope. You have friends here from all over North America. Questions or problems your friends are here and will help. Hope to meet you guys at MVIV in November. Dennis :beer: Once you start on mods for the Marauder, I double dog dare you to stop.:D

Agent M79
05-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Steve,

The gears and suspension mods make all the difference and do not harsh up the ride at all.

You may not want a big power adder but I would highly recommend a dyno-tune with changes to your shift points and shift firmness. Test drive it and change the points and firmness to your liking. It took 2 tries for me to get mine right and it is great now.

Marauderman
05-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Thats what I'm talkin about.........:lol:..........

fastblackmerc
05-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to the site. I live in Cary, N.C. so your about 2 - 2.5 hours away. As you can see from my sig I've done alot to my MM mostly self-installed so if you need any advise or help installing anything let me know. If your interested in attending any shows in Raleigh and the surrounding area let me know, as I try to attend most of them. Same for your area. Check out the Marauderville IV posts on the site. If your interested we can try to meet up and Maraudervan down.

Steve_NC
05-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Thank you all for the welcome, and the advice. It will take some time for me to even consider doing any mods to the car. I would like to see some of the other cars befor I do anything. I will do all the wrenching myself if at all possible. I have loads of questions, but I will post those later.
I may take a short stop in Lake City FL to see an old friend. So.. if I dont see anyone on the trip down I hope to see you all in Orlando.

frdwrnch
06-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to the group! You will find this site to be a valuable resource. Even though you are a ways off, it may be to your benefit to attend one of our gatherings in order for you to evaluate your mods and tuning needs. We usually have stock, stage-one and supercharged cars at our gatherings which may enable you to ascertain your needs. Feel free to pm me with any technical questions that you can't find info here on the site. Enjoy the Ride!

Smokie
06-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Thank you all for the welcome, and the advice. It will take some time for me to even consider doing any mods to the car. I would like to see some of the other cars befor I do anything. I will do all the wrenching myself if at all possible. I have loads of questions, but I will post those later.
I may take a short stop in Lake City FL to see an old friend. So.. if I dont see anyone on the trip down I hope to see you all in Orlando.

Welcome to our club Steve, if you do make it down to Lake City you may want to consider a quick jaunt east on I-10 to visit Dennis Reinhart of Reinhart Automotive in Orange Park, Fl.

Dennis is a supporting site vendor and has more product for the MM. than anyone I know, another place I would recommend visiting is TAF (Todd) in Marietta,Ga who is a member and great friend, he owns Grand Mufflers shop and also one of the finest N/A Marauder in the country.

If you can swing either visit you won't regret it, the amount of info available from those 2 guys is fantastic.

Again welcome aboard and hope to see you in November. Javier.

Haggis
06-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the Collective, resistance to moding is futile. You will be assimilated.

Steve_NC
06-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Thank you all for the welcome, and I am planning a trip to see Reinhart. Thank you for the tip! I did not know he was that close.

MENINBLK
06-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi Steve,

My Mom lives in Pembroke which is about 4 hours
south west of you near South of the Border (I-95).
I usually get down to see her as often as possible.
I'll give you a holler the next time I pass through !

Bob K
07-09-2006, 09:20 PM
I am in Davie Co, near Winston and am in the market for a MM. I was very active in the local Olds Club but recently sold my 1984 Hurst Olds with 9,000 original miles and it and am now on the search for the right Marauder. Any tips would be appreciated. I looked at one in Florida near Ft Lauderdale but it was pretty beat up for the miles. For about half the price of the MM, you could find a pretty nice CV Sport or an unmarked police car but they are not as collectible. I read thru your clubs posts and it looks like you have a good group going. I am going to go look at a Marauder tomorrow and see how it goes.

Bob
summitrt@aol.com

DEFYANT
07-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Welcome to the Machine.

Get the gears and dyno tune it! A cold air intake is a good idea also.

whoskal
07-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Welcome to the elite!!! No mods??? we'll see about that;)

Jolly Roger
07-10-2006, 03:52 AM
I am in Davie Co, near Winston and am in the market for a MM. I was very active in the local Olds Club but recently sold my 1984 Hurst Olds with 9,000 original miles and it and am now on the search for the right Marauder. Any tips would be appreciated. I looked at one in Florida near Ft Lauderdale but it was pretty beat up for the miles. For about half the price of the MM, you could find a pretty nice CV Sport or an unmarked police car but they are not as collectible. I read thru your clubs posts and it looks like you have a good group going. I am going to go look at a Marauder tomorrow and see how it goes.

Bob
summitrt@aol.com

There's a DTR on ebay right now with 800 miles on the clock.
You might ant to have a look at it.
Bids are up to $23,000.
Buy it now price is $25,000.
Also, I think there are a couple in the clasified on this website.:)

Bob K
07-14-2006, 08:31 PM
I cheaped out and bought a super clean 98 Crown Vic. I really would like to find a nice Marauder but for now, this will do the trick for me...for now. It rides great and for the super low price I bought it for, it was hard to pass up. I will wave as you guys in the Marauders pass me by.