PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle All Ford Nationals

Mike Poore
05-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey guys, it's getting to be about time to make final plans. I have my gate pass and will be signing up on day one, and parking in the non-modified (stock) Marauder area. I think everyone should enter as stock so we can all park together. I have two gate passes for all three days and anyone who wants to ride along, and stay the full day, is welcome to use my extra pass. Here's the link: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ford/index.asp I'll have a mini-tent and extra chairs, plus a cooler with beverages and eats. :)

Bigdogjim
05-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks Milke I am planing to attend on Saturday only so far.

Joe Walsh
05-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi Mike!
It looks like I'll only be there on Saturday.
I'm not sure if I'm driving up in the Marauder, but if I do I'll enter it as 'Stock' so we can all park together.
Joe

jonroe
05-15-2006, 04:04 AM
I plan to be there both days but will be entered in the 93 TBird SC class. I'll stop by the MM area.

Jon

Mike Poore
05-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Thanks Milke I am planing to attend on Saturday only so far.

Jim, or Joe, do you want to use my extra pass on Saturday?

We could meet somewhere and you could ride in with me.

Anyone want to speak up for the other two days?

Joe, Gordon, Charley(s), Mark(s), Fairfield is on your way, and you could stop by here and we could ride up together. :burnout:

Mike Poore
05-16-2006, 05:07 AM
If Gordon and Chris, or Charlie and SOB wanted to go, they could take my car and use both passes on Sunday, as Friday and Saturday might be all the fun I wanted to have.

I guess, though, if there was a third person in the car, and only two passes, you could simply pay the gate fee to enter.:dunno:

Haggis
05-16-2006, 05:22 AM
If Gordon and Chris, or Charlie and SOB wanted to go, they could take my car and use both passes on Sunday, as Friday and Saturday might be all the fun I wanted to have.

I guess, though, if there was a third person in the car, and only two passes, you could simply pay the gate fee to enter.:dunno:
Not this year, we all ready have plans for the first weekend in June.

Breadfan
05-16-2006, 05:58 AM
I may go for Saturday.

Bluerauder
05-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Don't think S.O.B. will be available. He's off on a Carribbean Cruise and will miss almost 2 weeks of work. I am sure his schedule will be full for awhile when he returns. Thanks for the offer, though.

Mike Poore
05-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Don't think S.O.B. will be available. He's off on a Carribbean Cruise and will miss almost 2 weeks of work. I am sure his schedule will be full for awhile when he returns. Thanks for the offer, though.

What about you and Bern?

Blown3.8
05-23-2006, 08:14 PM
I plan to be there both days but will be entered in the 93 TBird SC class. I'll stop by the MM area.

Jon

Hey Jon keep an eye out for me, I'll be hangin around the SC's also. Not sure what I'm driving up there yet. Have to decide between 93 5.0 Bird, Excursion, or my Dad's Marauder, my 95 SC is broke now. I may have met you before have you ever checked out MAMN12.com thats our local t bird club.

We are rollin out friday morning from the woodbridge area if you wanna convoy with us or anyone else for that matter at about 8am then stop for breakfast in frederick.

Chris

Breadfan
05-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Looks like online registration is closed. They say register at the event - will there be room?

I think i'm going Saturday, and would enter my car, I can enter as 'stock' if that's where everyone will be.

Anyone know? This will be my first time there.

Thanks!

Breadfan
06-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Wow, I had a great time today!

Sorry we missed some of the MM's, we saw your cars, but missed you in person.

I left a bit late this morning with a few folks, and oops I didn't check traffic. Turns out the beltway was closed at the mixing bowl (one side only) to put in one of the new bridge sections... and I hit a backup and detour.

I also got turned around a bit on my way there, so didn't make it until about 1230. We stayed until about 630.

I spent most of my time around the swap meet area, I scored pretty good in there. I got 2 SN95 Mustang cloth seats in fair shape for $25 for the pair! I also got a bunch of door panels with speaker grilles for my '90 GT, as well as some door threshold covers. All that and the seats for about $45. I'm gonna spurce up my Mustang's interior now!

Also, I did spot a pair of Marauder rims (no center caps). The guy said he wanted $250/each. If anyone is interested they should still be there tommorrow. He was in the 2nd or third row. They looked to be in good shape though I didn't examine them super close. They might be good candidates for widening though.

Anyway, I ended up in the P19 class, the 1969 and later Full size Ford/Mercury class. I was there in time for judging. When do they release the results? I won't be able to make it tommorrow, would be curious to know if any of the Marauder's take a prize home. If anyone is there and finds out, lemme know.

But, I had a good time. The drive up and back was nice and I did get to talk to some new Marauder owners that didn't frequent this site. (And also some that do.) I gave out a few MM.net cards, so we'll see if we get some new members!

I walked around the field and checked out other cars, lots of cool stuff. Some people had left by the time I hit those sections, becuase I'll admit I spent way too much time in the swap meet. :)