PDA

View Full Version : WOW.....What a difference! Finally Dyno tuned the 2006 Mustang GT

MI2QWK4U
05-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Bright and early I was off to Lidio's shop to work some Magic on the 2006 Mustang GT. It was past due! The 06 GT was loosing the popularity contest in favor of the Mach 1 lately. The Mach 1 has a tune and 4:10 gears and thanks to Lid runs 13.1 in the quarter mile. The Mach 1 pulls so hard that it grabs rubber in 3 gears! it is a real rocket. We began with strapping the 06 Mustang on the Dyno for some baseline pre mod numbers. We then strapped on the C&L Cold Air Kit in 5 minutes, and finished up with Lidio tweaking his tune and reflashing the car with the XCAL2. We then did the follow up Dyno Pulls to check the results. While the numbers are what you might expect from a reflashed tune, the real Magic was evident upon driving the car. Lidio has really worked out the tune with this new Mustang automatic trans. The difference was night and day. The results were as follows, 249 RWHP went up to 268 RWHP, and the Torque went from 259 up to 267. You can feel the numbers in the seat, and the trans and torque converter tune seem to magnify the results. If anyone has a 2005-2006 Mustang GT, do yourself the favor of doing what I did. Now this car has my attention, and runs so much better. Like the Mach 1, the GT grabs rubber HARD into second gear and cirps them hitting third.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/5/2/06_gt.jpg

Tallboy
05-15-2006, 04:41 PM
I'll be expecting a ride in this hot-rod when I'm in town for Woodward...:burnout:

MI2QWK4U
05-15-2006, 04:48 PM
I'll be expecting a ride in this hot-rod when I'm in town for Woodward...:burnout:

Not a problem, it feels sooooo good now! Lid knows his stuff.

MarauderMark
05-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah lido does know his s**t , nice numbers:up:
Is this car going to be a canidate for a trilogy setup in the future?

MI2QWK4U
05-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah lido does know his s**t , nice numbers:up:
Is this car going to be a canidate for a trilogy setup in the future?

Yes, its still in the planning stages, but this car will be the proto type for the Automatic Mustang GT fitting. Jerry's Mustang is a Manual. Hopefully it will happen this year, I can tell you that the Mustang kit will feature a different blower.... Again...this is just the plan, heres hoping it happens!

StevenJ
05-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Is this on 87 octance or 93? Just curious.

MI2QWK4U
05-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Is this on 87 octance or 93? Just curious.

It was tuned for 93. I try to keep 93 in all the performance cars in the fleet.