PDA

View Full Version : Car Show this Saturday 5/20 in Burlington, NC

fastblackmerc
05-16-2006, 09:51 AM
I'll be attending this one. Heard that the Burlington PD has a Marauder that might be at the show.

M.O.B & Burlington PD 2006 Open Car Show * 5/20/2006
Destination: Burlington Square Mall, Burlington NC
Cost: $15.00 pre-register/$20.00 day of to show

Butch
05-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll be attending this one. Heard that the Burlington PD has a Marauder that might be at the show.

M.O.B & Burlington PD 2006 Open Car Show * 5/20/2006
Destination: Burlington Square Mall, Burlington NC
Cost: $15.00 pre-register/$20.00 day of to show

I'm planning on being there. Haven't decided if I am going to show the MM or not yet though. Are you going to show?

fastblackmerc
05-17-2006, 06:52 AM
I'm planning on being there. Haven't decided if I am going to show the MM or not yet though. Are you going to show?
Yes I'm planning on showing. I think you should show yours.... we'll blow them away w/ 2 MM's there. Most people haven't seen one let alone two.

Butch
05-17-2006, 10:34 AM
If I am going to show, we need to try to meet up before going in so that we can make sure to park beside each other.

I'll know for sure if I can show mine on Friday. I'll PM you my phone number so we can discuss.

Later!

Butch
05-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I think this link will take you directly to it:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/butchhandy/album?.dir=/47dere2

-or-

This link should take you to my main photo page, and you can look at them by clicking on the "05-20-2006 Burlington Car Show" link.
http://photos.yahoo.com/butchhandy

FastBlackMerc will hopefully post up some pics soon also.

We had a great time, once the weather cleared....My friend Joe won a trophy with his Saturn. Not bad, since he just came out there to sit around with us....

The Burlington PD brought one of their two Marauders out to show. When we first got there, they tried to park us in the PD area....Kind of funny.....

jimlam56
05-20-2006, 04:54 PM
What is the car pictured in photo 43 of 71?

Butch
05-21-2006, 07:55 AM
What is the car pictured in photo 43 of 71?

I *think* it is a '39 Ford Coupe. I say '39 because of the unique grill used that year I believe. I always get confused when it comes to stuff that old....

jimlam56
05-21-2006, 08:11 AM
I *think* it is a '39 Ford Coupe. I say '39 because of the unique grill used that year I believe. I always get confused when it comes to stuff that old....

Yes the grille threw me to, but I believe you're right. Nice car!
Thanks

Butch
05-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Yes the grille threw me to, but I believe you're right. Nice car!
Thanks

To be more exact (after looking it up to be sure), I believe this would be a 1939 Ford Standard Business Coupe. The '39s came with a couple of different grills, but this was the fancier of them, which is why it was on the "Business" version of the car.

Someone else may know a lot more about it than I do and be able to correct me on this, but I am pretty sure that is what it is. I always liked that grill MUCH more on those cars, which is why I recognized it, but just couldn't remember which model it was that received it.

I liked the powder blue Camaro the most (Picture DSC01484). The paint on that thing was just great! It almost looked white, but just had this slight blue glow about it when you looked at it in the sunlight. You had to see it to understand....

Glad you like the pictures. Not as many showed up as normal. The threat of rain kept a lot of people away during the morning registration, but things turned out much nicer later in the day and a lot of people came out to look.

Marauderman
05-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Way to represent guys---I had to work--heck--I am still there---you both look good in those pics--nice shots Butch---

BTW----B/PD say where they got that '03 MM???.....curious.......Tom

Butch
05-21-2006, 04:35 PM
B/PD say where they got that '03 MM???.....curious.......Tom

They bought them new. The PD had a choice of two additional officers, or one car. Needless to say, they took the car choice, twice. Paid for by the Government under some plan they have for police departments everywhere. (Yes...I know that it really means WE paid for them...) They have a list of "approved" cars to choose from, and the Marauder was one of them.

The guys that drive them said that their next performance car choice is going to be the Dodge Charger. The Marauders would be up for auction in another year or so. They want them for themselves.

fastblackmerc
05-21-2006, 04:49 PM
The officer's mentioned a little racing thru the parking lot... Butch's against theirs.....

Had a good time there, lots of cars. Had alot of interest in mine & Butch's MM's.

I may have a DVD of the cars that were there, as soon as I can figure out this new camcorder.