PDA

View Full Version : New England Flooding

Tallboy
05-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Sitting here watching the weather channel, with my morning cup 'o joe:coffee: and today's newspaper. I'm watching and reading about the flooding in New England, and it breaks my heart. I hope the damage is not as bad as they make it out to be, and further hope none/few of us are affected by it. Has any of it happened near you? I have family all over New England, and my thoughts and prayers are with you, as Connecticut will always be home.

I'll be back June 1-6, for no other reason than because I miss home.

Well, that and to check on Billy's latest project...:up:

Hotrauder
05-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Ayah, been watching close and on the phone. My family is in Maine and they have been getting a little less but still way to much rain for way to long. My brother the contractor is building a boat and loading 2 by 2 as we speak. this is heart breaking for sure for a lot of people. I am lucky as my family so far is high and tho wet not under threat from flooding. Good luck and our prayer for those less fortunate. Dennis

sweetair
05-17-2006, 06:58 AM
This is all very sad for those affected. Water, water everywhere. Mother nature is quite powerful indeed. Hopefully there is only property damage and no loss of life.

O's Fan Rich
05-17-2006, 10:03 AM
I heard that the flooding in the New England area is so bad, that Ted Kennedy's family hid all his car keys.

Hope everyone else is safe.

Mikeenh
05-17-2006, 10:43 AM
New Hampshire had to close 600 roads because of water. The Governor activated 400 National Guard Troops to help the towns.
We have sun today. The first time in a week. This was one of those every 100 years storms. I'm dreading the next one already :)

Tallboy
05-17-2006, 10:45 AM
New Hampshire had to close 600 roads because of water. The Governor activated 400 National Guard Troops to help the towns.
We have sun today. The first time in a week. This was one of those every 100 years storms. I'm dreading the next one already :)

I have family in Charlestown and Newport.

natedog1284
05-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Sitting here watching the weather channel, with my morning cup 'o joe:coffee: and today's newspaper. I'm watching and reading about the flooding in New England, and it breaks my heart. I hope the damage is not as bad as they make it out to be, and further hope none/few of us are affected by it. Has any of it happened near you? I have family all over New England, and my thoughts and prayers are with you, as Connecticut will always be home.

I'll be back June 1-6, for no other reason than because I miss home.

Well, that and to check on Billy's latest project...:up:

Lemme know when you're going, I wanna see it too! :D

It doesn't seem too bad around here in the Naugatuck Valley. I'm not aware of any real property damage in this neck of the woods, but I believe there has been some in northern CT. The rain is getting a bit old though; it was sunny today, but it's back to downpours tomorrow.:depress:

Tallboy
05-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Lemme know when you're going, I wanna see it too! :D

It doesn't seem too bad around here in the Naugatuck Valley. I'm not aware of any real property damage in this neck of the woods, but I believe there has been some in northern CT. The rain is getting a bit old though; it was sunny today, but it's back to downpours tomorrow.:depress:

Good to hear. It'll be nice to get back to the good ol' "Valley".

You up for a cold one at the Dew Drop Inn Thursday, June 1st? :beer:

natedog1284
05-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Good to hear. It'll be nice to get back to the good ol' "Valley".

You up for a cold one at the Dew Drop Inn Thursday, June 1st? :beer:

Hell yeah, you got it, any time after 5, (I work in Chicopee, MA, so it takes me a while to get down there).

And don't forget, we're all getting together that Saturday too. You gonna be able to make it?:beer:

Tallboy
05-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Hell yeah, you got it, any time after 5, (I work in Chicopee, MA, so it takes me a while to get down there).

And don't forget, we're all getting together that Saturday too. You gonna be able to make it?:beer:

I'm sure as hell gonna try. Billy and I are hanging out on Saturday, so we'll see it how it goes. If I can't make Saturday, we'll hit the Dew Drop for a couple cold ones. I'll keep you posted...:beer: