PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In N.E. Going To The Summer Nationals In Worcester

Larry Durham
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was going to the Summer Nationals in Worcester this July. Great event, 6,000 cars and lot's of events. :rolleyes:

kj31067
05-17-2006, 06:28 PM
when is it? details ? i am about two hours away.

Larry Durham
05-17-2006, 07:01 PM
when is it? details ? i am about two hours away.
It's in it 15th year and it's one of the largest 3 day car shows and cruises on the East coast. All types of cars are welcome muscle,classic, rods, antiques, even trucks and bikes. There are cruises downtown, burnout competitions, flame demo's and even a 50's car hop The show is at Green Hill Park and last year they sold out at 5,000 cars. It's held on the 3th - 6th of July. Last year was a blast so I hope some of you N.E. MM's can come and enjoy. It's like a Woodward on a smaller scale. :banana:

Paul T. Casey
05-17-2006, 07:01 PM
I hope to make it this year. My son goes every year. Good opportunity for some bonding over rubber smoke.

Larry Durham
05-17-2006, 07:15 PM
I hope to make it this year. My son goes every year. Good opportunity for some bonding over rubber smoke.

I hope you can make it. I think we could have a good time and have a few :beer: From what I could tell I was the only MM on the cruise that nite and it would be nice to have some company this year. I was surprised that a lot of the young guys knew what a MM was and went nuts over the burnout that they chanted for. :flamer:

Paul T. Casey
05-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Larry, between my son and a few of his bud's over on new england motorsports web site, those young Worcesterites know Marauders. On of his friends from Auburn ran a Silver one for a while.

Larry Durham
05-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Larry, between my son and a few of his bud's over on new england motorsports web site, those young Worcesterites know Marauders. On of his friends from Auburn ran a Silver one for a while.
I think I met him shortly after I bought mine. He had just bought his from Millbury F/M where I got mine. His was the last one they had. Never seen him since.

Paul T. Casey
06-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Time to resurect this thread. I'm in.

Larry Durham
06-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Time to resurect this thread. I'm in.

Paul, I was worng on the dates, it's Thurs. 6/29 - Sun. 7/2. I think I'll be going to the park Sat 7/1 to check out all the cars in the afternoon and crusing downtown that evening. Hope you can make it. Maybe some of the Ct. guys can come for the day? How about some of the locals? Go Munfini, Bagpiper, BigFordsforever, ect. :)

Go Mifuni
06-28-2006, 04:41 AM
Hey Paul and Larry,
Are you guys entering your cars or are you just going to check things out? I've got nothing penned in for the weekend except working on the house while the Mrs' studies for school. Let me know if you guys are gonna meet someplace and when and I'll see what I can do.
This thing IS a blast! I've been going for the past few years. I didn't make it to the park last year but did get to the burn-outs downtown later.

Larry Durham
06-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Hey Paul and Larry,
Are you guys entering your cars or are you just going to check things out? I've got nothing penned in for the weekend except working on the house while the Mrs' studies for school. Let me know if you guys are gonna meet someplace and when and I'll see what I can do.
This thing IS a blast! I've been going for the past few years. I didn't make it to the park last year but did get to the burn-outs downtown later.

Just going to check things out and take a cruise down Shrewsbury St. and Worc. Blvd. Not sure what time yet,( mid afternoon I hope). I'll know better tonight or tomorrow and I'll let you guys know.
:)

bagpiper
06-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I might take a ride up Sat afternoon,I am a fulltime firefighter and have the nightshift Sat and Sun 6pm-8am.I think the forcast is rain this weekend.

Paul T. Casey
06-30-2006, 06:57 PM
I'll be at the Shrewsbury St Dunkin Donuts at 9 a.m. on Sunday morning. I'm supposed to hook up with my son and his ill behaved friends there. I'll be the old ill behaved guy.

bagpiper
06-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Drove up tonight(FRI) alot of cars downtown,Saw one Marauder(mine)Maybe someone else over the weekend.

Go Mifuni
07-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey guys,
This was one of those weekends when I couldn't get a break. I did manage to take a ride down RT 9 on Saturday to see what I could see. I didn't see much but I DID see a Black MM heading East in Shrewsbury around 12:30pm. I gave a honk and a wave but I was behind a white box truck and I don't think they saw me. Was it one of you guys or someone new?

bagpiper
07-02-2006, 03:42 PM
That was me Sat,I did not see you but I did meet Paul C today at Dunkin Donuts.

Go Mifuni
07-03-2006, 05:37 AM
That was me Sat,I did not see you but I did meet Paul C today at Dunkin Donuts.
It was just about in front of Spag's and like I said, there was a big white box truck in front of me so I didn't think you saw me. I didn't get Paul's message until Sunday late afternoon. Too bad, I probably could have met you guys for at least a little while.