PDA

View Full Version : lidio tune

kj31067
05-17-2006, 06:13 PM
i think after much reading and consideration, i will be buying a lidio
tune xcalibur 2. i dont need the data logging part , but apparently the first generation is not available anymore. i was just wondering
how long it takes to throw in and what parameters i have choices on and what others have done. is there a shift firmness level choice? if so and i go full firm is it going to be neck-snap around town? i mainly want it for whatever i can get at rear wheels and of course for tranny shifts.the short shifting fall on your face is getting old . just wanted to know anyone elses experiences with this tune as far as improvements and /or problems. do i need the bad gas tune or is that a s/c option and /or problem ? this is an 04 dtr w/28,000 miles , bone stock. thanks in advance for your input.
i have learned a lot on this site and want to learn more!!!:bows:

MM2004
05-17-2006, 06:17 PM
tune xcalibur 2. i dont need the data logging part , but apparently the first generation is not available anymore. i was just wondering
how long it takes to throw in and what parameters i have choices on and what others have done. is there a shift firmness level choice? if so and i go full firm is it going to be neck-snap around town? i mainly want it for whatever i can get at rear wheels and of course for tranny shifts.the short shifting fall on your face is getting old . just wanted to know anyone elses experiences with this tune as far as improvements and /or problems. do i need the bad gas tune or is that a s/c option and /or problem ? this is an 04 dtr w/28,000 miles , bone stock. thanks in advance for your input.

The XCal comes with up to three tunes.

3.55 tune,
4.10 tune,
SC tune.

Call Lidio and he can help you with what you plan on in the future.

I have the tune. You will be more than happy.

Mike.

MI2QWK4U
05-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Mike summed it up nicely, Any questions, give Lid a call. 586-463-0010. He will be able to fill you in on everything about his tunes. You hear folks talk about it, but some of the things he does with the tuning were revelutionary. He just did my 06 Mustang GT with a tune on the Xcal, there are even more trans parameters with the new automatic trans to tune and adjust, and actually feels better that you can make the trans in the Marauder feel. He also has done the tunes on my Marauder and 04 Mach 1.

gohogs
05-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I got and recommend the bad gas tuning as an option. If you drive out west at all, there are still lots of places you can't get 93 octane. Also gives you and option should you get "bad gas" elsewhere, as some members here have.

Paul T. Casey
05-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Going to be another "modded" Marauder in little Rhody I see.

MitchB
05-18-2006, 10:18 AM

Tell Lido how you drive the car most (weekend fun car, daily work horse, etc...) and what you want and don't want. It's best to communicate what you want. If you don't want aggresive hard shifts, tell him. There's a lot of room to adjust things to your specific desires. Lido can setup specific things that you can adjust. You may want to think about this and voice what you want. Lido's pretty sharp. He can most likely give you a tune you'll be happy with.

Mitch

kj31067
05-18-2006, 10:33 AM

keep an eye out for a dtr bearing down on ya' !!!

kj31067
05-18-2006, 10:36 AM

paul,
do you know of anyone else in area with one? my buddy swears he saw another dtr .he thought it was me ,but it wasnt. he s a car guy so i dont think he mistook it for a gm. i only know of one other one in warwick

kj31067
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Tell Lido how you drive the car most (weekend fun car, daily work horse, etc...) and what you want and don't want. It's best to communicate what you want. If you don't want aggresive hard shifts, tell him. There's a lot of room to adjust things to your specific desires. Lido can setup specific things that you can adjust. You may want to think about this and voice what you want. Lido's pretty sharp. He can most likely give you a tune you'll be happy with.

Mitch

this definitely sounds like the way to go. i didnt know he would do that. i was under the impression he had a couple of set-ups for gears or s/c and that was it. i will be calling him soon !!!
thanks

Sully008
05-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Another satified Lidio customer here. Definately give him a call to discuss your personal preferences. My brother also has his tune in his '05 Mustang GT and he's extremely happy with it as well.