PDA

View Full Version : Making Progress

Brutus
05-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Well I've been doing a little each day between work. I should have it wrapped up by this weekend.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/8/6/DSCN0246s.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/8/6/DSCN0248s.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/8/8/6/DSCN0249s.jpg

snowbird
05-18-2006, 02:57 AM
Look good. When everything will be working, take the time to gradually open up the new beast. The new found trust is really amazing !

Haggis
05-18-2006, 03:15 AM
:woohoo:

Looking good Jeff and I would like a ride to compare acceleration.

Marauderjack
05-18-2006, 03:43 AM
Lookin' GOOD my friend......Gonna need larger rear tires soon!!:beer: :bows: :banana: ;)

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

PS: You may want to give the IC a dusting of black paint before you button it up.....IT SHINES LIKE NEW MONEY BEHIND THE GRILL!!:cool:

2003 MIB
05-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Very Cool!!

Brutus
05-18-2006, 04:00 AM
Very Cool!!

Howdy Stranger!!

2003 MIB
05-18-2006, 04:12 AM
Howdy Stranger!!

Backatcha Bro!- Y'all going to Orlando in November? Coli's not interested in going otherwise..

MarauderTJA
05-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Looking good. Won't be long now. You might as well order the widened rims and drag radials. Your present tires will soon be toast:D .

DEFYANT
05-18-2006, 06:40 AM
Holy ****zle!!

That is awsome!

CAM is truly diverse. Your car will be a screamer. Just order up the wide wheels and tires now before you roast off the originals.

Congrats man!!

Haggis
05-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Looking good. Won't be long now. You might as well order the widened rims and drag radials. Your present tires will soon be toast:D .

Holy ****zle!!

That is awsome!

CAM is truly diverse. Your car will be a screamer. Just order up the wide wheels and tires now before you roast off the originals.

Congrats man!!
Take their advice Jeff, with the added power you will need wider tires. And better brakes to stop quicker.

TooManyFords
05-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Take their advice Jeff, with the added power you will need wider tires. And better brakes to stop quicker.

Wider tires... Check!

:D

john

MarauderTJA
05-18-2006, 07:33 AM
And better brakes to stop quicker.

Ditto to the brakes as well..

Haggis
05-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Wider tires... Check!

:D

john
...:lol:...

O's Fan Rich
05-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Oh man oh man looks like CAM might give SSM a run for the S/C crown!!!

:banana2:

HwyCruiser
05-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Cool! If you've got the injectors in and head unit mounted then you're almost there... did you get that pesky fuel pump swapped out yet?

maraudernkc
05-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Jeff, all your hard work will be well worth your time.:)

Hotrauder
05-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Looking great. Bring that pretty baby to MVIV. Dennis:beer:

Marauderjack
05-19-2006, 04:04 AM
He sure is QUIET.....

Must be doing the fuel tank thing!!!:argue: :mad2: :shake:

maraudernkc
05-19-2006, 05:49 AM
He got the fuel tank out of the way, first thing.

Marauderjack
05-19-2006, 05:58 AM
I did to but it was NO FUN by myself!!!:mad2:

I think he had a helper...would be much easier!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

PS: Looking back....IT WAS WELL WORTH IT GREG!!!:bows: :banana: :burnout:

MarauderTJA
05-19-2006, 08:29 AM

Oh boy Rich,:P them there words:nono: is like opening up a can of whoop azz to us SSM boys down here:lol: . Y'all hear this SSM?

MarauderTJA
05-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Jeff, all your hard work will be well worth your time.:)

WELL WORTH YOUR TIME..........The results will amaze you.

Haggis
05-19-2006, 09:12 AM
:whistle:

:whistle: You never know. ;)

merc
05-19-2006, 09:33 AM
:whistle:
:whistle: You never know. ;)

:concur: :popcorn: :grouphug:

MarauderTJA
05-19-2006, 11:15 AM
The bottom line:D ....We are all going to have a blast:beer:. Big, bad Marauders coming to Orlando to party:party: :sing: and git-r-done :burn:

Brutus
05-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Yea, I have been quiet I guess. I talked with Greg today, he calls and checks on me fequently. I cant describe the gas tank without using a few choice words. I could use a little help. Can someone take some pictures of how the intercooler plumbing is routed (INTERCOOLER MOUNTED BEHIND THE GRILLE) This would be greatly appreciated.

HwyCruiser
05-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Brutus,

I'll email you a pic of the pipes laid out on the floor for the vertical installation and some pics from Greg's #0 kit. It should get you 90% there. Just test fit everything before you tighten the clamps up.

I've since relocated my intercooler to mount halfway in between the scoop mount and the grill mount and modified my piping path a bit, so pics of my car wouldn't help much. Maybe Yvon can help out if you need a view of something specific.

BUCKWHEAT
05-19-2006, 07:00 PM
widen the wheels and pray to Our Lady of the Blessed Acceleration!

Brutus
05-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Brutus,

I'll email you a pic of the pipes laid out on the floor for the vertical installation and some pics from Greg's #0 kit. It should get you 90% there. Just test fit everything before you tighten the clamps up.

I've since relocated my intercooler to mount halfway in between the scoop mount and the grill mount and modified my piping path a bit, so pics of my car wouldn't help much. Maybe Yvon can help out if you need a view of something specific.

Thats great. I would still like to see your setup, just for the hell of it.

snowbird
05-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Brutus,

I'll email you ... ... Maybe Yvon can help out if you need a view of something specific.
Brutus, PM sent !

HwyCruiser
05-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Thats great. I would still like to see your setup, just for the hell of it.

The intercooler is flipped around and mounted at a sight forward angle off the cross support in front of the radiator to tuck it up behind the fascia. See the attached pic.

I've almost finished fabbing up the vertical scoop that directs the air from the front air dam across the i/c and blocks off the air from going around or over it. I just need to extend the side of the scoop to direct the air from the two outside air dam holes into the center and do the lower grill mod and I'll be done. Believe it or not I've already noticed a slight drop in cruising IAT from the horizontal scoop location as-is, even after adding two 90 degree elbows on the cold side of the i/c.

The cold-side pipes are now tucked up behind the front fascia so they visible on profile anymore. I'll have to see how it effects full boost temps when I'm all done, but it's turning out to be a pretty stealthy location. I don't think a 3-core would fit like this though, but the 2-core tucks in nicely. I can take some detailed pics this weekend as I finish up the scoop if you'd like.

snowbird
05-20-2006, 08:25 AM
... ...

The cold-side pipes are now tucked up behind the front fascia so they visible on profile anymore. I'll have to see how it effects full boost temps when I'm all done, but it's turning out to be a pretty stealthy location. I don't think a 3-core would fit like this though, but the 2-core tucks in nicely. I can take some detailed pics this weekend as I finish up the scoop if you'd like.

JD, i was also planning on rerouting the in and out pipes of the I/C so that they are less in harms ways for my usage (snowbanks, marmot and raccoon accidental running over, etc). Your plan is interesting and i will be a suscriber !.

MarauderMarc
05-20-2006, 08:39 AM
NICE!!!!! I like the intercooler location. Its nice to see that hairdryers DO work, huh? I agree on the tires. Even with the widened tires, they still break loose, but are much better.