PDA

View Full Version : Marauderman's Accelerator Pedal Cover

MM03MOK
05-22-2006, 05:35 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/9/3/Pedal_3.jpg

Marauderman announces a new accelerator cover pedal that is now available that will eliminate the problem of "open" space from the OEM pedal to the tranny housing. This will eliminate your foot getting caught in this space while bringing your foot backward to hit the brake. In addition, it allows your foot to be further to the right, so it doesn't have to be in the "straight up " position as is the current pedal, thus closer to the brake.

Additionally, The pedal can be turned either way --shaved corners up or down---or ordered with no shaved corners--

-Interested parties with questions can contact me at-
cfinspector@hotmail.com (cfinspector@hotmail.com)

$45 including shipping

The new cover pedal plate kit comes complete with the following:

Cover plate with three (3) pre-drilled holes for personal use and for a template over the OEM pedal.
Screws and washers.
Non-skid tape to use if desired.
Complete step by step instructions.
(9) Color Pics showing instruction steps.
Packaged box--including Shipping!!!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/9/3/Pedal_1.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/9/3/Pedal_2.jpg

Mike Poore
05-23-2006, 07:10 AM
I've got mine. Install time? 8 minutes from the time the drill bit was put into the chuck. You'll spend some extra time deciding which position is best for you; but it works, and makes the positioning of your right foot and contact on the gas pedal much better.
Congratulations, Tom, and thanks for your efforts. :bows:

Breadfan
05-23-2006, 08:10 AM
So just curious since I've never experience this problem, where exaclty can your foot get stuck? Between the gas pedal and transmission tunnel (i.e. on the right side)?

I wear either a 13 or 14 shoe (depending on the shoe or which one was on sale!) so might be something for me to keep in the back of my mind, like I said i've never had the problem mentioned.

phroe
05-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Tom, great job on this one. I installed mine; quick and slick. No grief. That said, I'm very happy.
I personally had right knee troubles given the ergonomics of the car and gas pedal more specifically. I have a 10.5 shoe. As I drove before the cover, my ankle would relax and ultimately my foot would 'fall' off to the right of the pedal into that huge gap between the pedal and the tranny housing. Seems odd but this is what would happen. To avoid this I had to keep my right leg tense, hence the knee pain.
Now, my foot quite simply rests on the pedal and against the tranny hump. I can relax my whole leg. Who'd-a-thunk it.
If you too have had similar grief with your car then get Tom to fix yah up.

Marauderman
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
So just curious since I've never experience this problem, where exaclty can your foot get stuck? Between the gas pedal and transmission tunnel (i.e. on the right side)?

I wear either a 13 or 14 shoe (depending on the shoe or which one was on sale!) so might be something for me to keep in the back of my mind, like I said i've never had the problem mentioned.

Yes, the area you described has been where alot of folks have experiemced problems-

Those individuals with wider than the norm footwear, which may be the 12 and upward, the pedal may not be a big help.Those with smaller width or very narrow I believe will be a great help as described above...and do stay tuned ...Tom

Agent M79
05-23-2006, 01:02 PM
After Marauderman showed me this I got to wondering why I didn't have the issue myself since I have a foot that fits the demographic for this.

It was easy for me to recreate the scenario as he outlined. It is easy to get my foot tangled up around the pedal. I didn't get why I had to try to do it when so many others it just happens too.

Apparently I drive wrong.

I plant my right heel roughly between brake and the gas with bias closer to the brake and pivot it left and right for my go or no-go needs. This explains the wear I get in my mats where my heel grinds it to death.

I picked up this habit from my Mustang with the 5 speed doing heel-and-toe downshift which for me was performed more with the arch and the right-most toe and side of the foot. This apparently carried over.

As soon as I learn to drive the right way, I am going to need one of these.

Marauderman
05-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Agent-You'll realize the problem on your next birthday--:lol:

fastblackmerc
05-24-2006, 03:04 AM
I'm with Agent M79..... I guess I'll have to learn to drive correctly too!! Next time I see you Marauderman I'll need one of these......

ctrcbob
06-14-2006, 04:47 PM
When I first got my 03 MM, I took a small block of wood, peeled back the rug where my right foot rests, and stuffed the wood in there. Smoothed back the rug, and it all works great.

Marauderman
06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
When I first got my 03 MM, I took a small block of wood, peeled back the rug where my right foot rests, and stuffed the wood in there. Smoothed back the rug, and it all works great.
I'd much rather trust my "fixed in placed" pedal rather than a block of wood under carpet....but to each his own....

Mike Poore
06-18-2006, 07:24 AM
OK, guys. Two long trips, and a circle tour to Washington City for the June CAM DOO. The pedal issue is solved, for me, at least, and I'm here to report this is the best mod I've made to my MM, because it's no longer for sale. Tom knows the secret for lowering the gas pedal and that information, along with his mod, solves a dangerous condition, in my view. Way to go, Tom, you've done everyone in the MM community a great favor, not to mention, perhaps, saving someones life, from the crash that's surely coming, if the gas pedal issue is not attended to. :bows:

I award 10 ATTABOYS. (the maximum)

Agent M79
06-18-2006, 10:37 AM
It would certainly seem not an uncommon problem just from discussions in our little group.

HotrodMerc
06-20-2006, 09:23 PM
OK, guys. Two long trips, and a circle tour to Washington City for the June CAM DOO. The pedal issue is solved, for me, at least, and I'm here to report this is the best mod I've made to my MM, because it's no longer for sale.
Tom knows the secret for lowering the gas pedal and that information, along with his mod, solves a dangerous condition, in my view. Way to go, Tom, you've done everyone in the MM community a great favor, not to mention, perhaps, saving someones life, from the crash that's surely coming, if the gas pedal issue is not attended to. :bows:

IMO, Marauderman has made a much needed mod if your are into driving with your foot resting comfortably against the tranny tunnel, as well as heel and toeing. In fact, it is one of the first things i thought about doing to my MM, with some sheet aluminum which i have had in the garage to make a radiator cover with for my Mustang. My hat is off to M'man for getting it done. Just one question. According to the above quote i have missed something about "lowering the gas pedal" in the above posts. Will someone please clue me in to what that is about? :confused: Thanks, HRM :banana2:

Muffrauder
07-31-2006, 06:16 PM
You have got to be kidding! This is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. If you can't drive , have someone drive you. How retarded.

fastblackmerc
08-02-2006, 04:31 AM
Muffrauder, Didn't your mother ever tell you that "if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything."??

Mesencephalon
08-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Yes, the area you described has been where alot of folks have experiemced problems-

Those individuals with wider than the norm footwear, which may be the 12 and upward, the pedal may not be a big help.Those with smaller width or very narrow I believe will be a great help as described above...and do stay tuned ...Tom
Hey now, wider than norm? I think it's far more accurate to say that people with feet sized 12 or more (using your numbers only) do not NEED the pedal, because there IS no problem with getting "stuck" ... speaking only for myself, I certainly have never experienced any sort of problem with my foot getting stuck to the right or left of the gas pedal whatsoever. And my feet are perfectly 'normal'. a nice, normal 13 EEE. :rolleyes:
You people with small feet all think you're normal eh? Hmmmmmm that smacks of the same generalization type thinking that would say anyone taller than 6'2" is a giant. LOL

that being said i am seriously considering the dead pedal solution for the left foot, which even with my seat adjusted all the way back still hits the front of the floor panel behind the pedals ... :eek:

big giant Mesencephalon
(i also can't figure out why anyone would need that armrest ... but that's another story :P )

Mesencephalon
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
OK, guys. Two long trips, and a circle tour to Washington City for the June CAM DOO. The pedal issue is solved, for me, at least, and I'm here to report this is the best mod I've made to my MM, because it's no longer for sale. Tom knows the secret for lowering the gas pedal and that information, along with his mod, solves a dangerous condition, in my view. Way to go, Tom, you've done everyone in the MM community a great favor, not to mention, perhaps, saving someones life, from the crash that's surely coming, if the gas pedal issue is not attended to. :bows:

Okay, maybe I don't know how to drive either, but what the HELL are you talking about? What problem with the gas pedal? Not the "foot getting stuck" problem, we've determined that only people with teeny tiny feet have this, but what dangerous thing is going to occur if I don't "lower" my gas pedal? because right now
a) i can reach it just fine and
b) they move for you already electronically and
c) so do the seats so ... between the pedals moving and the seats adjusting, how many people out there are not able to drive without modifying a part of the car that obviously wasn't just ignored by all those automotive engineers at FLM? I'm not trying to be a smartass or rude or anything, but aren't most men over 6 foot and have legs that reach the gas pedal or am i among the kids that ate their broccoli and green beans?? seriously, i don't wanna lower my gas pedal ... someone clue me in ... i also don't wanna crash and burn. yet. :eek:

Marauderman
08-07-2006, 04:22 AM
IMO, Marauderman has made a much needed mod if your are into driving with your foot resting comfortably against the tranny tunnel, as well as heel and toeing. In fact, it is one of the first things i thought about doing to my MM, with some sheet aluminum which i have had in the garage to make a radiator cover with for my Mustang. My hat is off to M'man for getting it done. Just one question. According to the above quote i have missed something about "lowering the gas pedal" in the above posts. Will someone please clue me in to what that is about? :confused: Thanks, HRM :banana2:
My apologies for beiing so late with a response to your question......."lowering the gas pedal".......

If the pedal cover I have doesn't feel like ( in the opinion of the receiver of the product) that it just doesn't solve their problem of having their foot about the same height as the brake --which was not the original reason for making it) then the gas pedal can be lowered without affecting the brake ...from re-adjusting the worm gear that controls it under the dash....readjusting with it repositioned lower....most will not necessarily need to do this---the initial concept was to be able to have your foot further to the right of the brake while resting it on my extended cover plate.

Marauderman
08-07-2006, 04:29 AM
Hey now, wider than norm? I think it's far more accurate to say that people with feet sized 12 or more (using your numbers only) do not NEED the pedal, because there IS no problem with getting "stuck" ... speaking only for myself, I certainly have never experienced any sort of problem with my foot getting stuck to the right or left of the gas pedal whatsoever. And my feet are perfectly 'normal'. a nice, normal 13 EEE. :rolleyes:
You people with small feet all think you're normal eh? Hmmmmmm that smacks of the same generalization type thinking that would say anyone taller than 6'2" is a giant.

I suppose I should have said ...."Larger width footwear".......but I was not out to be politically correct --just to get a point across........and you have even explained it better........as such....an individual like yourself --would not be a canidate for such a mod.......but their are individuals who are and they know how helpful it has been....

Marauderman
08-07-2006, 04:31 AM
Okay, maybe I don't know how to drive either, but what the HELL are you talking about? What problem with the gas pedal?
Please refer to my reply in post # 18.

Mesencephalon
08-07-2006, 10:18 AM
I suppose I should have said ...."Larger width footwear".......but I was not out to be politically correct --just to get a point across........and you have even explained it better........as such....an individual like yourself --would not be a canidate for such a mod.......but their are individuals who are and they know how helpful it has been....
I think I love you marauderman! :beer: you didn't once refer to me as a MUTANT FREAK with Herman Munster feet that should be driving a big ol' pickem-up-truck screaming out the window that he's got a HEMI ... :lol:

god bless us every one!!!

M.

Marauderman
08-07-2006, 02:38 PM
I think you didn't once refer to me as a MUTANT FREAK with Herman Munster feet that should be driving a big ol' pickem-up-truck screaming out the window that he's got a HEMI ... :lol:

god bless us every one!!!

M.
No need to here on this board---the obvious comes out on its own....and we tend to be helpful rather than stray off the original topic itself---sometimes--but those are normally fun events in them selfs--------the other kind--well--they usually get busted and -phoof--their gone--------..so hang around and we'll help you mod up your MM and feel unbelieveable towards the members here.....

Peter
10-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Might I ask? Do you ship to Canada?

Marauderman
10-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Might I ask? Do you ship to Canada?

Yes , I can--However I have had problems with payment from Canada.....money exchange problem on checks, etc......PM me if interested........Tom

carguy
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
How do I order this Peddle???? I need it!!!!!!!

carguy
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Call Me on this Gas peddle 239-910-0071 PLease Ha!!!!!!

Marauderman
10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Call Me on this Gas peddle 239-910-0071 PLease Ha!!!!!!

Glad we got together---your pedal should be there next week.---