PDA

View Full Version : ProRauder gets new QA1 suspension!

TooManyFords
05-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Now that it is riding on a 4-Link out back, I needed a way to lower the front about 2.5 inches. So, I've just ordered the Naake Marauder kit front and rear to get the job done. I did substitute the rear shocks to a different model number since I'm running eyelet to eyelet, so I'll get pictures next week when we install it.

Tomorrow it will be rolling on the tubbed wheels and tires. Alignment is scheduled for next Wednesday. Pictures after I wash and wax it tomorrow!

Cheers!

John

O's Fan Rich
05-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Now that it is riding on a 4-Link out back, I needed a way to lower the front about 2.5 inches. So, I've just ordered the Naake Marauder kit front and rear to get the job done. I did substitute the rear shocks to a different model number since I'm running eyelet to eyelet, so I'll get pictures next week when we install it.

Tomorrow it will be rolling on the tubbed wheels and tires. Alignment is scheduled for next Wednesday. Pictures after I wash and wax it tomorrow!

Cheers!

John

Personally, John, I cannot wait.... skip the polish and post the pics!!!

MarauderTJA
05-24-2006, 12:56 PM
John, I am lookng at getting a set of these for my car. For the rear did you order the double adjustables? These are a bit pricey at $675. a set, but I was told they have far better adjustment for the track.

TooManyFords
05-24-2006, 01:30 PM
John, I am lookng at getting a set of these for my car. For the rear did you order the double adjustables? These are a bit pricey at $675. a set, but I was told they have far better adjustment for the track.

No, I went with the single adjustables since there is little a rear shock can do when presented with the type of launch a track would put to it. I just want the single adjustables so I can set them to the cushiest ride possible!

:D

john

TAF
05-24-2006, 02:55 PM
A fine choice.....

duhtroll
05-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Screw all that - put the blower on and swing by my place for a test run!

Those of us that have to live vicariously through you are getting a bit impatient.

:lol:

Rider90
05-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Where the frack are the pictures? John? Seriously - what are you trying to do to us? Don't you see that we're hungry...

HwyCruiser
05-24-2006, 04:01 PM
You'll have to visit Waterloo to get the latest poop on the ProRauder project. Heck, he'll even put you to work.

He's a fine host too, you just have to keep you eyes on the :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:.

:D

schuvwj
05-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Has anybody had their QA1's leak oil? Took my MM to the Ford dealer last week for new rear brakes and rotor turn. The Service Manager told me three of the four QA1's were leaking oil. Only have 20,000 miles on them.

I'm not sure what the warranty was but I think they can be rebuilt.

TAF
05-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Has anybody had their QA1's leak oil? Took my MM to the Ford dealer last week for new rear brakes and rotor turn. The Service Manager told me three of the four QA1's were leaking oil. Only have 20,000 miles on them.

I'm not sure what the warranty was but I think they can be rebuilt.

Nope...but call Mike Naake @ 916-771-0109 and I'm sure you'll be well taken care of....

TooManyFords
05-24-2006, 11:19 PM
It will be on the street this afternoon (Thurs)!

No, the blower won't be on it yet because I had to send my damper back in to get a bigger spacer. But it will be tubbed and ready for the W'loo 4th St. Cruise this weekend with the Nitrous (125 shot) hooked up.

Since I have new coils for the front on the way, we're going to "tolerance" the current fronts with a torch to make them sag a couple inches to level the car.

More pictures coming!

john

Gre8one7
05-25-2006, 04:54 AM
Man, can i see this thing? Coming back home(davenport) for the weekend and will be passing by on 80, think it would be worth the trip a little north :) lol

TooManyFords
05-25-2006, 05:50 AM
Man, can i see this thing? Coming back home(davenport) for the weekend and will be passing by on 80, think it would be worth the trip a little north :) lol

Which day? I'd like to get the carpet done in the trunk for the unveiling. But you're more than welcome.

Just finished POR-15'ing the frame and axle last night. WOW! All gloss black and pretty!

John

Eric91Z
05-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Which day? I'd like to get the carpet done in the trunk for the unveiling. But you're more than welcome.

Just finished POR-15'ing the frame and axle last night. WOW! All gloss black and pretty!

John

So, when are you wanting to unveil? I am up for a road trip to Waterloo...

Gre8one7
05-25-2006, 06:40 AM
well ill be passing the exit to waterloo around noon(depending on how fast i drive). Or sometime monday evening? When are you free to give me a peek?

TooManyFords
05-25-2006, 07:35 AM
It will be ready to go Saturday with the carpet in the trunk and all.

Any and all are welcome!

john

TooManyFords
06-06-2006, 09:02 PM
The QA1 kit is installed and the car is "in the weeds!" All I can say is, OMFG! Sorry, no pictures till the Cleveland meet...

See y'all there!

John

Bigdogjim
06-06-2006, 10:33 PM
The QA1 kit is installed and the car is "in the weeds!" All I can say is, OMFG! Sorry, no pictures till the Cleveland meet...

See y'all there! John

Yeah! We need a "treat" Good move john:beer:

natedog1284
06-07-2006, 01:37 PM
John, stop, please. My bank account can't keep up with my I want list, and you're not helping!