PDA

View Full Version : June 3rd Event PLANNING THREAD

Dan
05-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Guys,

Time to start getting real about planning this thing. I am going to try to use the message board as much as I can so please try to avoid posting extraneous info in this particular thread. The other thread is left open for that, if you want to add something outside of what I am looking for here.

Here are details...

Event Date: June 3, 2006.
Rain Date: The following Saturday
Time: 4:00 - 8:00 BBQ at my place.
8-??? Cruising and driving.

I am going to leave the RSVP's open until this coming Wednesday. That should give everyone enough time to see this thread and reply. It will also give me some planning time and a good read on the weather. On Thursday I'll take it all to email where I'll send directions.

I'LL NEED YOU TO POST ON TWO POINTS....

1. What I need right now is a list of who is DEFINITELY planning on making it. Please don't post if you are still up in the air or know that you can't make it.

2. I need you to let me know if you are willing to bring any food, beverage or desert items.

The next post is what I am looking for. Sorry to be so specific about what I am asking you to post but I won't have a lot of time to sift through this thread in the next week.

Best,

Dan

Dan
05-25-2006, 10:42 AM
EXAMPLE POST:

Dan,

I'll definitely be there.

I can bring whatever. If you need me to show up a bit early to help out, let me know.

Thanks,

Your name
youremailaddresssATdomain.com

Dan
05-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Ok, gang. It's time to have a brother to brother talk here.

When I first got into the MM thing I was told by someone that the "New England group just doesn't seem to have any life or cohesiveness like a lot of other areas of the country."

I would hate for anyone to say anything negative about the NE MM group but I am starting to wonder.

The RSVP date for this event is tomorrow. I'll be honest... if we don't have at least 3 or 4 people turning out for this I won't even start up my griller.

Come on, gang. What's up? :) We need to get something in New England off the ground already.

Best,

Dan

Paul T. Casey
05-31-2006, 06:11 AM
Dan,

I'll definitely be there.

I can bring whatever. If you need me to show up a bit early to help out, let me know.

Thanks
Paul Casey
misquamarauder1@aol

I need directions, I'll try to get to the other thread sometime. In the middle of replacing my roof right now, but let me know what you need.

Dan
05-31-2006, 07:06 AM
Paul,

Thanks.

Even if it just winds up to be you and I we will still have fun.

I have your email on the list and will be getting directions out to you on Friday.

Best,

Dan

CRUZTAKER
05-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Dan...I am a bit sober...therefore more than a bit confused...

Why are you, an Indiana guy, throwing a party in Conecticut?

And why has no one replied?

Do I even have the right Dan here?:dunno:

Perhaps this is the same Dan that plans a gathering every spring that if not directly conlicts with, or comes darn close to...EAM?

natedog1284
05-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Dan,
I didn't forget about you, but I haven't been able to go online for a few days.

I won't be able to make the BBQ, as I have to work late on Saturday (I can't argue with those who outrank me :o), but I will more than likely be roaming the pike that night; I'll probably get there around 8 or so. I sincerely hope it isn't just the 3 of us up there. Come on guys, let's get this thing off the ground! :beer:

Dan
05-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Dan...I am a bit sober...therefore more than a bit confused...

Why are you, an Indiana guy, throwing a party in Conecticut?

And why has no one replied?

Do I even have the right Dan here?:dunno:

Perhaps this is the same Dan that plans a gathering every spring that if not directly conlicts with, or comes darn close to...EAM?

HUH??? You sure you're sober??? :eek:

I'm a CT guy since the 20th century. Check my profile. You must have me mixed up with someone else.

Best,

Dan

ultravorx
05-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey Dan, its been a while, but if im back from indiana by then, which i should, i'll be coming over!!

Frank

Marauderoz
06-01-2006, 03:39 AM
Dan, I'll be there a little late.

It's a long ride from Indiana!

Dan
06-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Dan, I'll be there a little late.

It's a long ride from Indiana!

I'm glad your gonna make it. I'll be tired from the trip out from Indianna, too, but it'll be worth it. :)

Best,

Dan

Dan
06-01-2006, 10:29 AM
It looks like I'm keeping the RSVP's open a bit longer, eh? That's good but as of Friday at 2:00 pm the RSVP's are closed. You should ring in even if you are a maybe.

I just went out and got meat. It looks like I am going to be serving up two of my sepcialties. They are BBQ pulled pork and grilled sirloin tips. I use special seasoning recipes for both and both always taste great.

Of course, there will be burgers and franks. When I send out RSVP's I may ask some of you to bring something trivial but I don't know exactly what yet.

This should be fun.

Once again, if you think you are coming, chime in here by tomorrow at 2:00pm.

Thanks.

Best,

Dan

Paul T. Casey
06-02-2006, 06:22 AM
Bump Bump Bump

Dan
06-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Due to the weather I am rescheduling this event to the following Saturday.

If you still want to come over and just hang out, call me on my cell phone at 860-877-2776. While we wont' be cruising in our cars we can still have some good food, hang out, maybe go catch XMen 3 or something.

Best,

Dan

Dan
06-05-2006, 10:34 AM
If you are subscribed to this thead click this link for details on the new cookout date...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27754

CRUZTAKER
06-05-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm a CT guy since the 20th century. Check my profile. You must have me mixed up with someone else.

Best,

Dan

The SPEEDVILLE USA in your profile throws me off.
See...we have a member, Dan, that goes by another screen name, that lives in Indiana. Indiana being the home of the Indianapolis 500 fits the profile.

I would consider Indiana more likely "SPEEDVILLE USA" rather than Connecticut.

You must be thinking of SPEED. As in barbituates, black beauties, white crosses, yellow jackets....caffiene...coffee.. .

Didn't those folks throw coffee in the bay?

Oh...that was Boston.

I'm still lost on the reference. :P

Bigdogjim
06-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Didn't those folks throw coffee in the bay?Oh...that was Boston.
I'm still lost on the reference. :P

Close that was tea:P

Dan
06-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Cruz,

Speedville, USA is wherever I am. :coolman:

:)

Best,

Dan

vtwoodsman
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Sorry but I'll be at the Carlisle event June 3rd.

MM03MOK
05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Five year old thread!!!

vtwoodsman
05-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Oops! Ha Ha..guess I should have looked.

CRUZTAKER
05-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Five year old thread!!!

Holy crap...what the hell was I on????

Oh yeah... :hide: