PDA

View Full Version : 1964, sport pack, Park Lane, Marauder-UpDate!

LiLWrink
05-28-2006, 08:07 AM
The Red Rauder is scheduled to be delivered to my shop, in the next two or three weeks, and I am getting excited about it. I can't wait til it finally arrives!

After posting here, and getting much information about the car, I received a response from John Rotella, who is a collumnist for Legendary Fords magazine...who says that he regards this car is an imporrtant historical vehicle, because of the "84"DSO.

After I can get the car cleaned up, and photographed, John Rotella wants to use the Marauders warranty tag in his "Code Cracker" collum that he writes for Legendary Fords magazine. I hope this all comes together by next fall.
I will certainly post the scheduling information here.

After learning about this Mercury's history, I decided that I could not part this Marauder out. It will eventually be restored.

LiLWrink
05-31-2006, 01:37 PM
to track the Marauder...

She's in Old El Paso!:D

KillJoy
05-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Pic links?????

KillJoy

LiLWrink
06-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Pictures are going to be posted-sooner or later.

I am going to do a complete deconstruction of the car, and search it for the build sheet.
John Rotella/Legendary Fords Magazine wants the warranty plate and build sheet for the code cracker collum. I will certainly post here so that you may look for the article in the Magazine.

This work thing combined with near 100 degree temps are leaving me dog tired by the time I make it home.

I can tell you more about the condition of the car.
1.I will definatly reskin the roof, it is a casualty of rust. some rust in the other usual places, but nothing that cannot be grafted to with new steel.
2.A donar 460/C-6 will probly fill the present vacantcy for the near future.
3.this is very important--I DO HAVE ALL THE TRIM!--Yeah, Baby!
4.With my Custom XR7 Cougar in the body shop and currently in progress, the Marauder will not have the benifit of a concentrated cash flow. The paint, and upholstery for the Marauder will be in the plans for the next two or three years.