PDA

View Full Version : Front Seat, excessive Lumbar fix

Thomas C Potter
05-04-2003, 07:19 PM
If like me, you have a sensitive lower back due to disc problems, and the MM seat sucks right there, here is my fix. Essentailly a stainless steel 'nail' that wraps around the seat's wire frame. Careful installing, air bag wires!! I had this Blue MM less than 48 hours and was modifying the seat, very nice now.

Marauderman
05-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Interesting concept--for those with your situation--we all should keep in mind if needed-- however it would be helpful if you could be more specific in how you achieved this feat --should one want to go the same route......either themselves or thru a vendorr........without explanation, one might be hesitant to do ,....like you said ...sensors around everywhere there.....

cyled
05-05-2003, 05:50 AM
So letting the air out all of the way did not work? I have had a bad disk and find that I do better with Lumbar inflated all the way.
Just interesting depending on the problem what it takes to get comfortable.

engine23ccvfd
05-05-2003, 08:32 AM
I dont have bulging disk and such but I inflated my lumbar to near its max and find it to be much better....I dont like the seats abilty to sit straight up w/o having to lower the front of the seat downward.

LincMercLover
05-05-2003, 09:34 AM
This is the first car I've had with a lumbar, but I have riden in cars with them. I think the MM's lumbar goes WAY out far compared to any other car I've ever riden in. Mine is no where near all the way up, just enoph to arch my back a little.

looking97233
05-05-2003, 09:36 PM
I find that the lumbar is loo low in the seat, it should be about 2" higher. Therefore, I always find myself trying to deflate it when it is already empty. The seats are almost the same as the town car, my thought: the seats are made to fit a range of sizes of people, however the average is prob. in the 5' 6" or so range. So when you get 'larger ' people like most of us, we are pushing the envolope. When I get back to work and once again have money, I am going to go see a custom interior guy. I wish to lower the seat either by lowering the whole seat, by removing some of the filling in the seat bottom, or a combination of both. I also wish to have the seat back raised about 1-2" to fix the above mentioned lumbar problem. I would also like to have the whole seat firmed up, stiffer padding, and have the side bolsters enlarged.