PDA

View Full Version : blower help. procharger!

sabtaj1
06-03-2006, 09:12 PM
I have a friend that wants to sell his procharger with intercooler and methanol injection with a tone of extras. Only thing is it is for a mach 1. What exactly would I have to do to make this kit work on my marauder?? I can get the complete kit for $3000 injectors and all. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

hitchhiker
06-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Not worth the hassle.

Get the Trilogy Kit.

:D

Gre8one7
06-04-2006, 04:20 AM
Wait for some of the special sales that happen on the board, usually about $4500 for everything. And if you do get a supercharger, ill be back in moline in a few weeks lol, ill need a ride :).

O's Fan Rich
06-04-2006, 05:24 AM
I have a friend that wants to sell his procharger with intercooler and methanol injection with a tone of extras. Only thing is it is for a mach 1. What exactly would I have to do to make this kit work on my marauder?? I can get the complete kit for $3000 injectors and all. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

I wondered about that too, especially when I saw the price differences between MM specific kits and the Mustang kits.
I thought about using an intake from a Mach 1 and using one of those setups. The tune would have to be more MM specific.
Never did any real deep investigation on it though.
Then I realized that I'd be just spending more time piecing things together then it's worth. So I was going to order DR's air to air kit.
Then Sully008 pm's me... now I'm waiting for Triology #132 to arrive.
I'd suggest you save a little extra and get the kit of your choice, new and MM specific. You'll get support for it and alot less hassle.

You'll get help here eother way, but it sure will be easier overall.

DEFYANT
06-04-2006, 05:37 AM
Keep your 3K alittle longer. WHen you have the rest of the cash for the kit specific to the MM, you'll be much happier.

JMO

MarauderTJA
06-04-2006, 06:27 AM

Save yourself a lot of headaches...contact Maraudernkc (F.I.T. vendor) here if you are interested in a Procharger Kit for your Marauder.

RF Overlord
06-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I won't get into the supercharger wars except to offer the following comments:

IF you are, or have a buddy who is, very good at fabricating, and IF you have a top-notch tuner (the person, not the hand-held) available to you easily, you could probably make a go of this project. You'll have an orphan which MAY turn out to be the equal of any of the superior blower kits available from our most-excellent vendors here, or you MAY end up with the devil's spawn and no vendor support, either. Will it be worth it?

KillJoy
06-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Other than the I/C Plumbing, what would really be different?

Check out the Vortech Site. They have all of their install manuals listed there. You can check out the one for the Mach 1, and see all of the Mach 1 specific mods that are needed to install it on one.

For $3k....... why not....... especially if you are willing o spend a little bit more later if Fabrication or custom tuning is needed.

KillJoy