PDA

View Full Version : Chippo del Diablo

duhtroll
05-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Howdy all --

Local dealer here has an A model on the lot with a Diablo chip. Since he tells me the car has 362 HP I can assume what boost the chip grants.

I, however, am getting a B model sometime in the next month. (may have to resort to ordering) :depress: I asked him if they would put the chip in the new 300B. I don't have an answer yet (he's checking) but I wanted to get the chip gurus' view on this first:

1) Is the Diablo 60 HP chip one of the better ones out there? If I am going to do this (sorry, WHEN I do this) I am going to do it right!

2) How much does one of these cost new? (because I know if this is part of the deal I am certain there will be some attempted gouging here and with installation - friendly normal gouging, mind you :D )

3) Would you see any problem with taking an existing chip from this A and putting it into my new B? Don't know why it would cause a problem, but just in case.

4) Should I skip it and just order from Dennis along with plugs, stat, etc.?

Thanks - when I pick this baby up it goes straight to the window tinter on my way home, then to AutoZone or somewhere for some silverstars. :up:

Also, can anyone give me a ballpark on what I can expect to spend on chip, stat, plugs, gears for this? I am not ready to go in for an official quote, but it would help my financial picture to know how much moolah to have set aside before I start bugging Dennis!

Thanks all,
-A

Dennis Reinhart
05-05-2003, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by duhtroll
[B]Howdy all --

Local dealer here has an A model on the lot with a Diablo chip. Since he tells me the car has 362 HP I can assume what boost the chip grants.

I, however, am getting a B model sometime in the next month. (may have to resort to ordering) :depress: I asked him if they would put the chip in the new 300B. I don't have an answer yet (he's checking) but I wanted to get the chip gurus' view on this first:

NO the chip will not work unless the EEC code is the same

1) Is the Diablo 60 HP chip one of the better ones out there? If I am going to do this (sorry, WHEN I do this) I am going to do it right!

THERE is no 60 HP DIABLO CHIP pm I will explain, the dyno sheet on PDQ's web site is showing a transmision up shift witch causes a HP spike, the graph was read wrong I notified PDQ they refuse to corect there statment, so its snake oil.

2) How much does one of these cost new? (because I know if this is part of the deal I am certain there will be some attempted gouging here and with installation - friendly normal gouging, mind you :D )

You can conatct Diablo at http://www.diablosport.com/ ask for Nick he is a great guy I talk to him several times a week.

3) Would you see any problem with taking an existing chip from this A and putting it into my new B? Don't know why it would cause a problem, but just in case.

It wont work unless the EECs are the same and they are not but they could reburn the chip for you.

4) Should I skip it and just order from Dennis along with plugs, stat, etc.?

Thanks - when I pick this baby up it goes straight to the window tinter on my way home, then to AutoZone or somewhere for some silverstars. :up:

Also, can anyone give me a ballpark on what I can expect to spend on chip, stat, plugs, gears for this? I am not ready to go in for an official quote, but it would help my financial picture to know how much moolah to have set aside before I start bugging Dennis!

You will never bug me call me any time I am here to help. I will go over pricing then.

WolfeBros
05-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
You will never bug me call me any time I am here to help.

This boys & girls is why he is the one to call and why many on here including myself would call no other. Thanks Dennis. :up:

CRUZTAKER
05-05-2003, 06:54 PM
But no one answered his QUESTION????

:confused:as he is

First of all...what dealer offers a chip on a MM that will definately void warranties?

Second: IS the diablo chip that good? There is one man with experience in this area........crickets

BlackHole
05-05-2003, 07:00 PM
Sorry waiting for my Superchip from JDM when its finally out for the Black stealth.

Dennis Reinhart
05-05-2003, 07:01 PM
I have sold complete packages to dealers here in Florida and a few other States and they do not Void the cars Warranty, and Superchip does not make a 4 bank chip

TripleTransAm
05-05-2003, 07:08 PM

NO the chip will not work unless the EEC code is the same

Does this mean once the PCM is reflashed by the dealer, the chip no longer works?

Dennis Reinhart
05-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
Does this mean once the PCM is reflashed by the dealer, the chip no longer works?

yes that is exactly what it means but its not fatal I can re'burn the chip to the new EEC hex code

TripleTransAm
05-05-2003, 07:13 PM
yes that is exactly what it means but its not fatal I can re'burn the chip to the new EEC hex code

Thanks for the clarification. Ironically, I just saw the same thing discussed in another thread, sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

duhtroll
05-05-2003, 07:14 PM
First of all thanks for all replies. Dennis has my business when I get to it. :burnout:

Second, the dealer told me this diablo did not void warranty - I think they said they put it in.

I wonder if it's possible to drool for 6 straight weeks (when I anticipate being ready for the chip etc)

Thanks again,
-A

CRUZTAKER
05-05-2003, 07:21 PM
Damn.......why are all the cool dealerships 700 miles away?

duhtroll
05-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Quit whining over there in OH. I am even farther. :D

Heck, it would make one fun road trip tho'!

:lol:

-A

Dennis Reinhart
05-05-2003, 07:32 PM
I will buy cold beers and lunch at HOOTERS LOL:D

Constable
05-05-2003, 07:48 PM
The service manager at my local dealership used to race hillclimbs back in the day. When I was ordering my MM I made it a point to ask him about my proposed mods and if they'd void the warranty. He just sat in his chair and grinned... then pointed to pictures on the wall --- most of them were of HIM smoking tires in bad-a$$ musclecars. He stated that a good set of headers, a well planned exhaust system, gears, etc would be fine and that they'd honor the warranty if anything happened.

jgc61sr2002
05-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Spoke to a SM at a ford dealership today. He stated "FMC will look for MODS to void the warranty". They have a large contingent of Attorneys. He also said you can sue but time is on their side. John:(

Constable
05-05-2003, 09:10 PM
SCANDALOUS!!

WolfeBros
05-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
They have a large contingent of Attorneys. He also said you can sue but time is on their side. John:(

They are already paying their attorneys. People that already know how to stall, duck, dodge and weave. And FoMoCo's pockets are much deeper than any of ours. If they want to fight you its almost impossible to win because even if you win you lose. The money and time it takes is more than the original claim would be worth.
IMHO

TripleTransAm
05-06-2003, 07:26 AM
What happened to SEMA and all the claims that a manufacturer cannot void a warranty just because something aftermarket was installed?

MAD-3R
05-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Just because you CAN win the fight, doesn't make the fight worth ..fighting. No crack ageinst the lawyers here :) , but win lose or settelment, the lawyer always gets paid.

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by WolfeBros
They are already paying their attorneys. People that already know how to stall, duck, dodge and weave. And FoMoCo's pockets are much deeper than any of ours. If they want to fight you its almost impossible to win because even if you win you lose. The money and time it takes is more than the original claim would be worth.
IMHO Wolfe My sentiment exactly. John