PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Carolinas

Agent M79
06-08-2006, 07:46 AM
You may have inferred from some of my postings a few weeks ago that I was exploring a job opportunity outside of North Carolina.

I have accepted a position with a company in Hunt Valley, Maryland. I will begin sometime in early to mid-July. There will be a lot of activity between now and then and that is what is taking me away from meets and other social engagements.

The possibility existed that I would have to sell my MM but that possibility has dwindled quite a bit but hasn't been entirely removed from the table.

I am, however, selling a home and for the first couple of weeks am entertaining offers from friends, family, and acquaintances to consider purchases directly with me and not through an agent. This affords both parties an extra point or two of pricing flexibility.

If you, or someone you know, is interested in moving to the Mooresville, NC area and is looking for 2050sq ft, colonial, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, formal living room, dining room, eat in kitchen, family room, 2 car garage, privacy fenced backyard on a .17 acre corner lot in the Winborne subdivision, in the $160's, please direct them to me. After 2 or 3 weeks, I am going to put it out to an agency as I will be more involved in Maryland than Carolina.

I look forward to hooking up with some of the Maryland guys but that'll probably be later this year as I will be very occupied for my first few months there. It is a challenging position and I go into it knowing that I have a lot of intense initial work until I can settle into a more relaxed schedule.

jgc61sr2002
06-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Good Luck and Best Wishes on your new position.:D
Hope you will be able to keep your Marauder.:D

Bluerauder
06-08-2006, 07:54 AM
I have accepted a position with a company in Hunt Valley, Maryland. I will begin sometime in early to mid-July.
Welcome :welcome: to the Capital Area Marauder (CAM) region. Hope to see you at some of our meets/events in the future.

Good luck on your relocation and the new job !! :up:

Cheeseheadbob
06-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Hey Dave, good to hear it is official. If you need any help with anything when you and your family get here, let me know. I live about 5 minutes from where you want to settle. Good luck with everything. From the sound of it, your house would go for more than 500K here. I have an idea.... get one of those house movers and bring it up here!:D

Agent M79
06-08-2006, 08:13 AM
... get one of those house movers and bring it up here!:D

Yes, our same house/property/neighborhood in Baltimore county is $400's to $450's. Carroll county is $350's to $400's, and just over the line in PA is $300's to $350's with some deals outside of those ranges on occasion.

I think it would also be worth mentioning that we may not be able to buy when we get there. We need to settle somewhere before the school year starts though.

We are also looking at renting a single-family home anywhere from Hunt Valley over to as far as Hampstead or even just off I-83 over the PA/MD line.

Complication to renting: 1 Dog (white shepherd) and 3 cats (rescue mutts). We can deal with pet damage clauses and increased security deposits with some portion non-refundable. We'll leave it like we found it (or better) but people like contract$ and we aren't opposed.

ckadiddle
06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
[quote=Agent M79]
If you, or someone you know, is interested in moving to the Mooresville, NC area and is looking for 2050sq ft, colonial, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, formal living room, dining room, eat in kitchen, family room, 2 car garage, privacy fenced backyard on a .17 acre corner lot in the Windborne subdivision, in the $160's, please direct them to me. [quote]
:censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: Arrrgghhh... You are about nine years early for me to take that off your hands. Sounds awesome, I'll be looking for something very much like that when I retire. It'll be time to leave Orlando congestion and ridiculous real estate prices behind me then. I spent some vaction time in NC, SC and Tennessee ares vacationing way back when. Beautifull scenery and a more erlaxed pace make me want to move up there when I retire.

O's Fan Rich
06-08-2006, 11:16 AM
You may have inferred from some of my postings a few weeks ago that I was exploring a job opportunity outside of North Carolina.

I have accepted a position with a company in Hunt Valley, Maryland. I will begin sometime in early to mid-July. There will be a lot of activity between now and then and that is what is taking me away from meets and other social engagements.

The possibility existed that I would have to sell my MM but that possibility has dwindled quite a bit but hasn't been entirely removed from the table.

I am, however, selling a home and for the first couple of weeks am entertaining offers from friends, family, and acquaintances to consider purchases directly with me and not through an agent. This affords both parties an extra point or two of pricing flexibility.

If you, or someone you know, is interested in moving to the Mooresville, NC area and is looking for 2050sq ft, colonial, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, formal living room, dining room, eat in kitchen, family room, 2 car garage, privacy fenced backyard on a .17 acre corner lot in the Winborne subdivision, in the $160's, please direct them to me. After 2 or 3 weeks, I am going to put it out to an agency as I will be more involved in Maryland than Carolina.

I look forward to hooking up with some of the Maryland guys but that'll probably be later this year as I will be very occupied for my first few months there. It is a challenging position and I go into it knowing that I have a lot of intense initial work until I can settle into a more relaxed schedule.

Heck, Hunt Valley is right along the route to The Yard!!! I pick up the Light Rail in Timonium, just a couple exits south on 83.
Welcome to the real world!! J/K you Carolina guys....j/k.....

Oh you might need this:

fastblackmerc
06-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Sorry your leaving the Carolina's but you gotta go where the work is. Good Luck!

dok
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Dave - Sorry to see you go, but I'm sure this is a great opportunity for you. You have been a driving force with the Carolina Marauders.

What's with everyone going to Maryland. We are having a going away party Saturday for neighbors that are moving to Baltimore next week. He has a new job with Diagio Liquor. In fact, we met them for lunch today and he gave me a bottle of 12 year old Johnny Walker Black.

frdwrnch
06-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Dave, You and the Mrs. will be greatly missed. I have truly enjoyed your company and support of our group. We wish you much luck and as always, I will be available for support info if you need me.

Hotrauder
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Dave, good luck and best wishes to you and your family. Have fun with the CAMers. Watch out for LISA:D
Dennis:beer:

Tom Doan
06-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the Peoples Republik of Mary Land, you will hate it here,but you are still invited to my "Torque and Recoil" BBq on the 17th. See our CAM fourm for details. Tom

DEFYANT
06-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Welcome aboard sir. Good luck.

Dont discount Cecil County. There are a lot of good deal to be had.

SC Cheesehead
06-09-2006, 04:32 AM
Gonna miss you guys.

The Ms. passes along her regards, E-Dubb wishes you the best, Myer says "Woof!"

SCCH

Marauderjack
06-09-2006, 05:15 AM
ckadiddle....

You'd better visit that area again and absorb some of the ridiculous traffic they have now!!!:mad2: I lived on Lake Norman for 20 years but left in the early 90's since exit 28 on I-77 was going WACKY.....You ought to see it now!!:argue:

Orlando is bad but Charlotte and Atlanta are light years ahead as far as gridlock is concerned!!:help:

I moved to Beaufort in the early 90's and damn if it ain't following me here as well......PROGRESS...BULL HOCKEY!!!:eek: :shake:

Maruaderjack:burnout:

Marauderman
06-09-2006, 10:29 AM

Dave--Really happy for you and sad at the same time on your leaving--You have been a great friend and a great member here with us in the Carolina Marauder group--I will never forget your first meet with us---and your eventual purchase of your MM...--you should call your MM "buck"...and of course we will miss Ms Agent too-----It has been a pleasure knowing you guys and appreciate all you have done for our club---Your shirts are always a standout for us all--Thanks again-- Hope your travels are safe and you have success in your future endeavors-------Tom

stevencory
06-12-2006, 07:31 AM
But, but, but you're so great!
This is a disaster :cry:
You will be sorely missed.

Congratulations on the new job!
Go Dave Go :burnout: