PDA

View Full Version : Xcal 1 tuning question.

1 BAD 03 MM
06-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Lidio,

First off the car has really kicked a$$ since I put your tune on it. :bows:

The trans shifting is on the money. The performance is killer and I love it. I'm having an issue with spark knock. I thought it might be do to warmer temps, but here in Washington State it has only been in the 80's at most, on a few days. It's been an average of maybe 70 degrees. Since putting the tune on it, it has always had a slight clicking sound at the very top end immediately before shifting. Is this a timing issue associated with the tune? Do we need to back it off just a touch?

I was one that had you install a tune for 4.56 gears also. If you have any newer files for that combo I would appreciate those files being updated as well. I haven't gotten to put in the 4.56's yet, can't wait though. I already got an MMX Cop driveshaft for $100. Talked to a driveshaft guy that worked for Dana. He told me don't waste $600 plus on a driveshaft, but the MMX Cop one was a steal at $100 since I'll be using 4.56's. Sent me some info to back it up as well. Just like I've read in your posts before, no need to spend money for spending money sakes.

I have 35k/2.99 Yr on it now. I want to make sure this is not a problem with the cylinder head replacement/work I had done at the dealer a year and a half ago. My car was built 10/18/2002. Cylinder head issues on these early models, definite ticking issue on LH 7/8 cylinders, drove me nuts.

Sorry to ramble, Anyway I'd appreciate any help you can provide. I will probably call you as well, just wanted to make sure and get a dialogue going so I don't forget.

Lidio
06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Lidio,

First off the car has really kicked a$$ since I put your tune on it. :bows:

The trans shifting is on the money. The performance is killer and I love it. I'm having an issue with spark knock. I thought it might be do to warmer temps, but here in Washington State it has only been in the 80's at most, on a few days. It's been an average of maybe 70 degrees. Since putting the tune on it, it has always had a slight clicking sound at the very top end immediately before shifting. Is this a timing issue associated with the tune? Do we need to back it off just a touch?

I was one that had you install a tune for 4.56 gears also. If you have any newer files for that combo I would appreciate those files being updated as well. I haven't gotten to put in the 4.56's yet, can't wait though. I already got an MMX Cop driveshaft for $100. Talked to a driveshaft guy that worked for Dana. He told me don't waste $600 plus on a driveshaft, but the MMX Cop one was a steal at $100 since I'll be using 4.56's. Sent me some info to back it up as well. Just like I've read in your posts before, no need to spend money for spending money sakes.

I have 35k/2.99 Yr on it now. I want to make sure this is not a problem with the cylinder head replacement/work I had done at the dealer a year and a half ago. My car was built 10/18/2002. Cylinder head issues on these early models, definite ticking issue on LH 7/8 cylinders, drove me nuts.

Sorry to ramble, Anyway I'd appreciate any help you can provide. I will probably call you as well, just wanted to make sure and get a dialogue going so I don't forget.

The Premium fuel tune that I've sold for the MM's has worked out really well in various parts of the country with most of the 92-93 Octane fuels. I've gotten a few complaints here and there about what would would apear to be potentially spark knock. I've tried not to sacrifice the tune over all in case its isolated cases. So what Ive been doing is simply having people return the Xcals and I've made some small individual tweaks to suite that persons car and his regional fuels, and its worked out good like this. When you send it in for the gear and what ever other changes your gonna make, just make a list and I'll know what to do when I see it.

Thanks

kj31067
06-09-2006, 05:32 PM
that is customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 BAD 03 MM
06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I went to the race track and mixed in half 100 octane. Problem solved. I'd rather keep the tune just the way it is and have to add a little more octane. I'm going to get a couple of 5 gal cans, fill em with 100 octane and mix appropriately.

Totatly stock except your tuning :bows: and Flowmaster Super 40's

14.79 @ 95.13 :banana2:

Can't wait to get the 4.56's. Might have to do some tweaking then, but I bet you got it right on the money and I won't have to worry about it.

I appreciate the service and answers you have provided. #1 in my book, hands down.