PDA

View Full Version : Another Wax Thread I know I know..

CanadaMarauder
06-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Just looking for everyones input.Thinking about Zaino...I have been using NXT and have been happy with the results short term though.Only about 5 to 8 washes and back to normal...previous owner abused paint so just curious if any of you Zaino users have had good results with the longevity of the wax.....I don't mind the work just want the results to last...Have been using Meg's Gold class wash.
Thanx to all in advance

Architect
06-09-2006, 10:24 AM
"Another wax thread..."
That's dental floss....:lol:

This site got me to use Zanio and I really like the results...
little more work...maybe...
My Marauder is black and I get lots of compliments on the shine...
Architect

jimlam56
06-09-2006, 10:25 AM
I followed the Zaino instructions to the letter.
I did my Marauder in mid-April, and have washed it with Zaino carwash since.
My wax is just as good as when I finished it over 6 weeks ago.
One disclaimer though, it does reside in a carport, but gets it share of Florida sun too.
I like Zaino better than any wax I've used in the past 36 years, but that won't stop me from trying the next "best" thing that comes along.

Eric91Z
06-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Go with the Zaino. I think the only time that Zaino is a little more work is the first application when you clay bar and apply. Now that they have the ZFX accelarator the time between application and removing is VERY short. And it comes off with little to no dusting left over. I love my Zaino.

If you have a black car, I would recommend alternating coats between the Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro. Maybe top it off with a little P21S carnuba wax to really make it "pop" (P21S not made by Zaino).

Rider90
06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Everyone will say Zaino, thats just how it is. I've never touched Zaino, I don't really want to order it online. I've used Meguiars for years and recently Mothers, both very satisfied of the results.

To see what Mothers did for a black non-garaged Marauder, see:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27593

Good luck in your search.

blackf0rk
06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Zaino is by far one of the hardest waxes around, arguably. It gives great reflections, but it's depth is lacking. But, what it lacks in depth it makes up in crisp reflections. Definately not a third class wax.

Since you have a black car. Try using Collinite #845. It's like $13-15 for 16oz. It works great for dark colored cars, makes them look REALLY wet, and you can layer it every 24hours.

Blackened300a
06-09-2006, 02:33 PM
I stand by Gliptone Show Gloss for a car show or a meet, Its amazing how clean and shiney it makes the paint look, Just too bad it only lasts til the next time you wash the car of if it rains.
For long protection I use Meguires NXT wax. Easy on and easy off.
I went back in time and used Zymol last weekend. NEVER again!!
Even with Microfiber towels, It was a PITA to remove.

Marauder2005
06-09-2006, 04:25 PM
NXT is good, but its a 'filler'. If covering up hair line scratchs is not

your goal its a preatty good wax. If you switch to Zaino you will

never switch back. BUT, you must follow the back breaking instructions

to get that long lasting, un-matched shine of Zaino.

Best,

Mike

jgc61sr2002
06-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Have been detailing cars for many years and IMO Zaino has the best products on the market.

Maguires NXT creates excessive dust when removing and IMO doesn't last as long as Zaino.

not5-0
06-09-2006, 07:46 PM
I have owned black since 1988 and swear by Zymol carbon. I tried Zaino about 6 months ago and admittedly it does produce first class results. I think both products are good choices. The deciding factor for me was ease of use and based on that I stayed with Zymol carbon.

DEFYANT
06-09-2006, 08:42 PM
NXT is for me. Since the Defyant Marauder live in the garage and doesnt see much rain or washes, it lasts just fine.

What is nice is, I can just go to the local auto parts store and get it. I like a shiney car, but I dont want to make a career out of it either.

$.02

Joe Walsh
06-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I have used Castle 'Seal Glaze' for years on my OEM black 85 Mustang GT and people always asked 'who painted the black laquer on my car?'

I've used the Castle wax on my Marauder with very good results as well.

I recently received a full Zaino kit as a present and will try it soon.
(I need to find an ENTIRE day to complete the initial wash, clay bar, wax process!)

Leadfoot281
06-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I use Mothers California Gold (phase 1, 2, and 3) exclusively on my Marauder. The car gets a garage, but it also sees 2 miles of gravel roads every day, so it gets washed 2-3 times per week. The shine and depth is awesome!

I apply phase 2 or 3 about once a month.

Is this Zaino stuff silicone or Carnuba? I won't use silicone on a nice car, but it works wonders on winter beaters.

The interior gets Zymol once a month.

Eric91Z
06-09-2006, 09:53 PM
The Zaino is considered a Polish and not a wax. That is why I want to try a quality Carnuba (P21S) on top of the Zaino. Especially on the wife's black car.

00 Aggie
06-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Yep, Zaino is a polish.

Claybar
Poorboys SSR 2.5 ($12.95)
Poorbooys SSR 1 ($12.95)
Clearkote Red Machine Glaze ($13.95)
Nattys Blue Paste Wax ($15.95)

Farily cheap and makes dark colors jump, plus it lasts pretty long.

I use this stuff on my DSG CObra and DTR MM.

I get a lot of that stuff here--->http://www.specialtymotoring.com/index.html

rayjay
06-10-2006, 06:12 AM
When my shoulder heals up and I can find the time, you guys have convinced me to try Zaino. Its been Blue Coral wash&wax all spring :rolleyes: I actually get compliments on the shine. Go figure...