MENINBLK
06-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi Lidio,

I have your NA 3:55 tune.

If I upgrade my Throttle Body to the Accufab 60MM body,
will your tune need a tweak ?

Blackened300a
06-10-2006, 08:50 AM
When I recieve my throttle body, Im going ot have my tuner dyno my car to see if it makes a difference or changes the tune in any way. If it does Ill post the results and what needs to be done.

Lidio
06-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi Lidio,

I have your NA 3:55 tune.

If I upgrade my Throttle Body to the Accufab 60MM body,
will your tune need a tweak ?

Big TB's on MM and other 32V 4.6L's don't seem to make a big difference in HP both NA and with blowers. And because most aftermarket TB's stick or don't close completely at idle... they tend to cause driveability problems and high idle problems which are especially a problem on automatic cars because the auto trans cars need to idle low as not to cause to much of a creep when sitting in drive and letting your foot off the brake. On the stick shift cars this isn't to much of a problem because they can handle idling at 800+ rpm but this isn't good for most auto trans cars especially if it has the tight stock TQ converter. Because of the driveability problems and negligible gains, I really don't change the TB's on most late model Ford's. If you do a real world and accurate test and actually swap the TB while on the dyno, you'll see little to no gain in HP and then proceed to chase idle problems most of the time.

Thanks

DirtyDog
06-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Big TB's on MM and other 32V 4.6L's don't seem to make a big difference in HP both NA and with blowers. And because most aftermarket TB's stick or don't close completely at idle... they tend to cause driveability problems and high idle problems which are especially a problem on automatic cars because the auto trans cars need to idle low as not to cause to much of a creep when sitting in drive and letting your foot off the brake. On the stick shift cars this isn't to much of a problem because they can handle idling at 800+ rpm but this isn't good for most auto trans cars especially if it has the tight stock TQ converter. Because of the driveability problems and negligible gains, I really don't change the TB's on most late model Ford's. If you do a real world and accurate test and actually swap the TB while on the dyno, you'll see little to no gain in HP and then proceed to chase idle problems most of the time.

Thanks

That is exactly the problem I had with the Accufab swap. I was fighting the fast idle and running a little hot. It also ran to fast at speed when you would ease off the throttle, it would out coast everybody on the road. I switched back to the stocker until someone else solves the issue.

Dave

BruteForce
06-10-2006, 11:38 PM
My BBK Twin 65mm doesn't exhibit this problem.

DirtyDog
06-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Most of the people that did the Accufab swap had no problem. I think it is a combination of all my mods that just through it over the edge. I'll get it worked out so I can put that shiny TB back on.

Joe Walsh
06-11-2006, 06:54 AM
WOW Lidio! You hit the nail on the head!

That is exactly what happened to me after my twin 60mm TB install....

high idle, sticky throttle and 'Unintended Cruise Control'.:o

I lubed my throttle cable, accelerator pedal, and the TB and now everything works fine.
I likey my shiny TB now!:D