PDA

View Full Version : free oil change

mad man
05-06-2003, 04:24 AM
I was going to make an appointment to get my first oil change before i take the car to the track . And what come's in the mail today. A customer apprecation card from ford for a free oil change or{ tire rotation he he} . Made the appointment with my dealer and thay are going to use the good stuff . thank's ford:)

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Thats cool. I got three free and a detail when I complained that my MM not as clean as it should have been on delivery. I know some other board members received more. It depends on the dealership. John:D

Paul T. Casey
05-06-2003, 12:49 PM
I got free oil/filter changes for life from my dealer. Don't help me too much though as I'm currently working 1200 miles from home. Oh well, just another in my list of reasons to quit my job for the summer.

engine23ccvfd
05-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Guys I think my dealer is trying to make diamonds as tight as his butt is! Ya'll are lucky dont think i could get a free car wash!

B-26
05-07-2003, 03:46 AM
I get free oil changes for the warranty period. I was going to use Mobil 1 but it came with Motorcraft synthetic so I opted for the free stuff. I checked to be sure they used synthetic. After all the price drops the oil is the only good deal I got. I love the car but I paid too much to be first on the block.

RF Overlord
05-07-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by B-26
I was going to use Mobil 1 but it came with Motorcraft synthetic so I opted for the free stuff. I checked to be sure they used synthetic.

Actually, the car comes with 5W-20 Synthetic Blend...I doubt the dealer will use full synthetic ($$$) for your freebie changes...but if I could get free oil changes at the dealer, I would probably go that route, too...

studio460
05-07-2003, 04:10 AM
B-26:

Motorcraft synthetic? Was it a blend or 100%? I just called my local Ford dealer (Airport Marina Ford, Los Angeles) and all they stock is a synthetic blend. They DID NOT stock ANY 100% synthetic! So I brought my own Mobil 1 from Pep Boys ($4.89 a quart!) on my MM's first oil change tonight @ 3,274 miles. They charged me $16.00 for the oil/filter change.

MMM2003
05-07-2003, 04:51 AM
Yeah, right, free oil change. Just like the free leather jacket.
Like others had stated before, nothig in life is free. You paid for it! Believe me!

On another note, I did sign up for a 5yr/60k oil/maintenance service thru the Dealer. Figured I might as well pay for it in advance, that way I'll be sure to use it.

I guess, I should check on what type of oil they are using.

RF Overlord
05-07-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by NBC Shooter
my local Ford dealer (Airport Marina Ford, Los Angeles)

I knew LA was the capitol of wretched excess, but having an airport at a marina seems a bit much...so you can fly your private Lear jet directly to your yacht, for a day of barracuda fishing off Cabo San Cabo?

:lol: :rasta: :lol:

JamesHecker
05-07-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
I knew LA was the capitol of wretched excess, but having an airport at a marina seems a bit much...so you can fly your private Lear jet directly to your yacht, for a day of barracuda fishing off Cabo San Cabo?

:lol: :rasta: :lol:

Southern California, RF. That's why we're here :banana:

Oh yea...that and the smog, and the traffic, and oppresive liberal government...but hey, the weather is great!