PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriends 71 Bronco...

Butch
06-11-2006, 07:00 PM
After more than two months in the shop, here is Jiffy's 1971 Bronco, before and after....

Still some more minor things to do, but it's basically 95% done now. New soft top on the way, along with a few "clean ups" still to be done after being in the shop.

Yes, she loves it and is VERY proud of it!

Hotrauder
06-12-2006, 04:52 AM
Nice job. Dennis:2thumbs:

Marauderman
06-12-2006, 08:57 AM
After more than two months in the shop, here is Jiffy's 1971 Bronco, before and after....

Still some more minor things to do, but it's basically 95% done now. New soft top on the way, along with a few "clean ups" still to be done after being in the shop.

Yes, she loves it and is VERY proud of it!
That Lime color is a great new primer for the final ..:lol:.so what new color has Jiffy picked out..............

Butch
06-12-2006, 05:22 PM
That Lime color is a great new primer for the final ..:lol:.so what new color has Jiffy picked out..............

Sorry to disappoint you there Marauderman....That's it for ya!

It is a 1971 'Cuda Limelight Green. She saw it on a 71 'Cuda at a car show and fell in love with the color.

At least it is a "stock" color that can be matched up easily if needed.

It is very shiny and bright! Came out much better than I thought it would. Have to wait about 30 days so that we can color sand (wet sand) it to get a little bit of the orange peel out of the paint, and one spot of paint on the back fender that wanted to sag a little bit. Most of it was cleaned up after painting, but you can't do too much while the paint is still curing. Should be very smooth once finished.

She will have it down in Charlotte for the Food Lion Auto Fair this fall. You can check it out in person then.

69marquis conv
06-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Looks very nice, these old Broncos are pretty hot nowadays. In case you didn't already know about it, classicbroncos.com (http://www.classicbroncos.com) is to the Early Bronco what this site is to our Marauders. There's a wealth of info there and if you run across a snag, somethere there has probably had the same experience and is more than willing to help.

Marauderman
06-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Sorry to disappoint you there Marauderman....That's it for ya!

It is a 1971 'Cuda Limelight Green. She saw it on a 71 'Cuda at a car show and fell in love with the color.

At least it is a "stock" color that can be matched up easily if needed.

It is very shiny and bright! Came out much better than I thought it would. Have to wait about 30 days so that we can color sand (wet sand) it to get a little bit of the orange peel out of the paint, and one spot of paint on the back fender that wanted to sag a little bit. Most of it was cleaned up after painting, but you can't do too much while the paint is still curing. Should be very smooth once finished.

She will have it down in Charlotte for the Food Lion Auto Fair this fall. You can check it out in person then.

Actually, I was just kidding with ya Butch--that color looks perfect for the little Bronk........and it will be especially or should be easily seen in traffic---from a safety viewpoint----that is Good!...........Tom

Butch
06-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Actually, I was just kidding with ya Butch--that color looks perfect for the little Bronk........and it will be especially or should be easily seen in traffic---from a safety viewpoint----that is Good!...........Tom

I know you were only kidding, but I do agree that it is a LOUD color! I guess it goes along with the loud exhaust! Her choice, not mine. I think that it does look great with this color, but it just wouldn't have been my 1st choice.

New soft top should be here in the next few days, along with a bikini top for it. The soft top will have tinted windows, which should look much nicer. The old soft top was getting pretty faded and the plastic windows were scuffed up real bad.

Got to still find a nice lockable console box for it. Can't find anything that can't be opened with a screwdriver that doesn't cost big bucks!

Also, still have to work on the new stereo speakers for it. Trying to figure out something custom for it.

Oh yeah...and a new steering wheel....no idea what she wants there yet....

frdwrnch
06-19-2006, 06:21 AM
That's going to be very nice! I love those old Broncos and have worked on several. Parts availability has gotten much better over the last few years as popularity increases. Let me know if you need anything.