PDA

View Full Version : 91 octane tune for my FIT/Procharger car

snowbird
06-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Earlier this week, i went to see Lidio from Alternative in Mt-Clemens MI to get a much needed Dynotune. I should have done this a long time ago but i was busy finishing some other hardware improvement after the Procharger/Fit install.

I was still having random problems with the local 91 octane offboost. Onboost, the addition of a Snow methanol kit did the trick but i had to have a good tank of fuel to be able to get there.

I needed a very safe tune with somebody who had previous experience with 91 octane, winter (!) and winterblend. I didn't care about the numbers, i just wanted that knock factory shutup. I did business with Lidio in the past and trusted that he could find a solution for my problem.

Anyway last tuesday, Lidio hooked my car on the rollers and started doing his magic. He gave me a regular very safe "summer" 91 octane tune and a 3 degree off twin tune for winter. That guy really know his stuff. He start gently with 3-4000 rpm pulls and worked the AFR, fuel and spark and then gradually put on more loads. It took about 4 hours for the tune and a few roadtests. He also put his latest edition transmission tweakings. Awesome ! That tranny mod is really something.

For the curious, a safe tune for 91 octane can cost as much as about 10% over a typical 94 octane tune. In my case, with the 370 pulley (9-10 pounds of boost), we did 413 RWHP and 374 RWTQ. at 9.5 pounds and a pretty flat 11.5 to 12 AFR from 2500 to redline rpm.

I'm very happy with the results and feel the tune couldn't be safer for a twelve months a year daily.

On a lighter note, while waiting, Dave (Trilogy number 2) showed up for an oil change and offered me a ride in his mint car so that i could feel the difference with the Eaton kit.I though it was a nice offer until i had buckle up.

All those clichés about your life rolling by and the bright light at the end of a tunnel apply to this short stunt !!! Those poor Nittos didn't quit screeching until we came back at the shop. It look like Dave will be able to paint a little canadian flag on the lower sides of his fenders like those WWII pilots !! :D

Rick-n-Miami
06-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Congratulations on the tune! Lidio is aces when it comes to these cars and tuning. I'm glad you can now enjoy your car and feel comfortable driving it!

bigslim
06-17-2006, 02:46 PM
That Dave is a great guy. :D

HwyCruiser
06-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Yvon, good to hear you got the tune squared away, you sound like happy Lidio customer - congrats.

+400 hp at 9.5 psi of boost isn't too shabby on a safe pump gas tune. Did you try hitting the meth on the dyno at all?

MI2QWK4U
06-17-2006, 03:40 PM
On a lighter note, while waiting, Dave (Trilogy number 2) showed up for an oil change and offered me a ride in his mint car so that i could feel the difference with the Eaton kit.I though it was a nice offer until i had buckle up.
All those clichés about your life rolling by and the bright light at the end of a tunnel apply to this short stunt !!! Those poor Nittos didn't quit screeching until we came back at the shop. It look like Dave will be able to paint a little canadian flag on the lower sides of his fenders like those WWII pilots !! :D

It was great meeting you last week at Lidio's. That man knows how to tune! He thought your car ran great. Hey, I always buckle up when launching my Marauder, never know when you might hit a bump and go airborn! I thought you handled the ride very well, no screaming whatsoever! It is such a fun time taking people for a test drive, you could have driven it if you wanted. I looked at the rubber we laid down, you could use a putty knife to scrape it up! Enjoy that bad assed ride of yours, and dont forget to join us for Woodward this year.

MikesMerc
06-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear that Lidio was able to sort out a safe and powerful tune for you. There really is nothing better than a custom tune for any SC car. Congrats on the solid results.

Its also nice to hear that Dave is giving rides and demonstrating his highly honed road skills. My shares of Nitto rose on the news Dave was giving test drives :D

Smokie
06-17-2006, 05:00 PM
I am very glad you are happy with your tune, Lidio knows his stuff....a tune is worthless if is not safe.

snowbird
06-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Yvon, good to hear you got the tune squared away, you sound like happy Lidio customer - congrats.

+400 hp at 9.5 psi of boost isn't too shabby on a safe pump gas tune. Did you try hitting the meth on the dyno at all?

JD,

Lidio was not familiar with the Snow meth kit. Since i wanted to go very safe, we had agreed to barely consider the meth addition. We did made it come on a bit sooner (maybe 2.5-3 pounds instead of 4-5 pounds) but didn't use it as "Lidio's philosophy" of using it as a significant HP adder.

If i would like to go this route, i would have to upgrade jets and hoses and all. Maybe when dust settle, i'll start to look at plan B.12 Xx !