PDA

View Full Version : Central Ohio MVIV Alternative

KillJoy
06-20-2006, 05:15 PM
I know I cannot attend MVIV due to time and financial issues, but, that doesn't mean I don't want to get together.

Would anyone who will not be attending MVIV, who is located near Ohio, like to get together during that time?

It will probably be cooler, and possibly snowing (hopefully not). Just throwing the idea out.... so I have nothing planned.

What do y'all think???

KillJoy

MI2QWK4U
06-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I wont suggest anything in place of MVIV, but if you cant make it, you are welcome to join us at the Woodward Dream Cruise for 4-5 days of fun and Marauders up here with us. Our event does not conflict datewise with MVIV.

KillJoy
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Well...I wasn't suggesting anything IN PLACE OF MVIV, just.....if you can't make it to Flordia, why can't we still have a get-together.

KillJoy

MI2QWK4U
06-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Sure you can! I was just making it clear that what you were suggesting wasnt in place of it, thats all. I was just offering a possible get to gether as you are suggesting.

CRUZTAKER
06-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Would anyone who will not be attending MVIV, who is located near Ohio, like to get together during that time?

No!

Absolutely NOT Stevo.

Your'e riding with us. The wife and kid won't have any fun anyway.:P

Oh yeah...you can't share a room, however, I'll provide a sleeping bag, bug spray, and a snake stick for you as a courtesy. :baaa:

SergntMac
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Well...I wasn't suggesting anything IN PLACE OF MVIV, just.....if you can't make it to Flordia, why can't we still have a get-together.

KillJoy I like your thought, and I got your intent in your first post.

Throw out some ideas, I may come up with something too. Hershey and/or Gettysburg redux? Something like this in scale?

jimlam56
06-21-2006, 03:55 AM
I know I cannot attend MVIV due to time and financial issues, but, that doesn't mean I don't want to get together.

It will probably be cooler, and possibly snowing (hopefully not). Just throwing the idea out.... so I have nothing planned.

What do y'all think???

KillJoy

But...But...I had you covered on beer after the Blue MM tip...:confused:
Just hope your idea doesn't distract too much fom MMIV though.

KillJoy
06-21-2006, 05:33 AM
I really wasn't thinking anything big. Just a get together of some kind.

It seems like in Louisville and Cleveland we had a lot of fun just "hanging out". Due to our area of the country, we need to be careful of the plans due to the possibility of snow / ice. Can't really do lot outside if it's butt-freezing cold.

Like I said, I didn't really have anything in mind, just wondering if any others would be interested......

KillJoy

Bluerauder
06-21-2006, 05:42 AM
Hershey and/or Gettysburg redux? Something like this in scale?
I'd be interested in a Hershey or Gettysburg gathering in the September or early October timeframe. :D Can't do it on the weekend of 23-24 Sep though -- a wedding is already on the books.

MM03MOK
06-21-2006, 05:44 AM
I'd be interested in a Hershey or Gettysburg gathering in the September or early October timeframe. :D Can't do it on the weekend of 23-24 Sep though -- a wedding is already on the books.I was hoping for a return trip to PA in late Sept. or mid October too.

SergntMac
06-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Let's not forget the Marauders At Seymour, IN. 28-29 Sep/1 Oct. weekend.

MM2004
06-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Let's not forget the Marauders At Seymour, IN. 28-29 Sep/1 Oct. weekend.

Mogoose and I will be running up together for this one.

Mac, I believe this event is Oct 5 - 7th. Which is good as I won't have to miss Mrs. MM2004's birthday the weekend before. Whew!

"

October 2006
5-7 Seymour Oktoberfest, held in downtown Seymour. The festival includes food, a biergarten, a large parade, vendors and entertainment. For information, call 812-522-4020."

http://www.jacksoncountyin.com/festEventsDetails.htm#october

All 4 colors...

I am in. :burnout:

Besides, Dan said I had to be there.. ;)

Mike.

FastMerc
06-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Let's not forget the Marauders At Seymour, IN. 28-29 Sep/1 Oct. weekend. Need more info on this,I forgot about this one:o

HwyCruiser
06-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Need more info on this,I forgot about this one:o

Ditto... what's this about?

SergntMac
06-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Ditto... what's this about?Well, some of us have done this 3 years now, this will be the 4th beer umm, year.

Typical "OktoberFest" celebration in a small souther Indiana community, an hour south of Indy just off I-65. The City of Seymour closes down the Town Square and opens up the whole city to all visitors. Blocks and blocks of local beer, folks, beer, food, beer, entertainment, beer, carvival rides for the kidz, beer, hot rods, beer, custom motorcycles, beer, friendly folks, beer, local novelties, beer, flea markets, beer, antiques, beer, and so on. Plus, a parade down Main street Saturday afterbeer, it's a beer...umm, blast.

When it's was just a handful of us, we didn't ask to join the parade. But, if we get 10-15 beers and Marauders together, we're in beer this year. "Bardstown" all over again, I can just imagine a beer Zack and a beer Barry burnout in front of the beer Reviewing stand...Oh my!

BTW, Seymour is John Mellencamp's home town, and it's like a Easter Egg beer hunt to see if he shows up. I bet a beer he does, but he's good at getting around his home beer town.

There will be more on this beer as the dates grow closer, just pencil your calendars now. It's a three day beer party, and we have never had a beer problem. Local cops love beer and us too.

jgc61sr2002
06-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I was hoping for a return trip to PA in late Sept. or mid October too.

Mary - That sounds good.:D

CRUZTAKER
06-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Well, some of us have done this 3 years now, this will be the 4th beer umm, year.

How did I miss this one...er...three...

Was this a Marauder gathering?
Personal gathering?
Or both?

Seems like a nice ride to me. :hmmm:

MM03MOK
06-21-2006, 08:14 PM
How did I miss this one...er...three...

Was this a Marauder gathering?
Personal gathering?
Or both?

Seems like a nice ride to me. :hmmm:I'm thrilled to find out that it's a week earlier than I thought it was. Count me in!

KillJoy
06-22-2006, 05:33 AM
I know in KY, Dennis was making it sound like he had something to do w/ the planning of at least the MM meet.

KillJoy

Haggis
06-22-2006, 05:57 AM

KillJoy
Here you go stirring the pot again.

BTW, I thought you rolled pot...not stirred it. Learn something new every day.

KillJoy
06-22-2006, 06:14 AM
Humph.... I though you just smoked it!?!?!?!?

KillJoy

SergntMac
06-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Sorry, Folks, I got the dates wriong.

http://www.seymouroktoberfest.com/index.html