PDA

View Full Version : F.I.T -vs- Trilogy -vs- Vortech.

gonzo50
06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
I hope I'm not over stepping my boundaries on this one, but I'm just "thinking out loud now".:wflag:

Recently, F.I.T had a super deal on one of their blower kits, (Kit #17), it's good to see one of our vendors go all out to give a super deal to one fortunate member on a one time deal. :2thumbs:

What if Trilogy or Vortech had a similar deal on one of their blower kits, then someone else, "who likes either one", can also benefit from a super deal. :burnout:

I'm not trying to put anyone on the spot here or saying that their blower kits are not worth what they advertise, just wondering how many more kits would sell at a super deal price for the not so fortunate.

I'm bias on my choice, Trilogy, and I would definitely consider one of their blower kits at a super deal price. Like I said at the beginning of this thread, I'm just "thinking out loud now" :type: as I know others would like to benefit from a super deal price from the blower kit of their preference.

Only the vendors know what is a super deal price for their blower kits, and I know that cost & demand go hand-in-hand, so super deals don't last forever and only come around every blue moon, even if it's just for one blower kit.

WE all appreciate everything the vendors do and offer already.

Members who already have one of these fine blower kits should'nt feel cheated in any way, shape, or form if the kit they already have was offered at a super deal price. You are the fortunate ones already benefitting from a great product, just continue to enjoy your passion and lets see how many more can also benefit from the same great product at a super deal price.

Eventually, I'll have me a Trilogy Blower Kit under my hood, the sooner, the better.

"Just Food For Thought". THANKS:thanks:

KillJoy
06-22-2006, 03:02 PM
In Before The Lock!

Now seriously..... I do not like Thread like these.... The ones that are asking Vendors to put up rewards, or offer discounted pricing. It puts them in places they most likely don't want to be. If they want to offer their kits at a reduced rate, they will.

You don't go to McDonald's and ask them to offer Free Cheeseburgers, do you?

KillJoy

PS - Just so you know, I'm not hatin' on you. I fully agree, a reduced price would GREATLY increase sales volume, even if it is only a one off promotion.

jimlam56
06-22-2006, 03:06 PM
In Before The Lock!

Now seriously..... I do not like Thread like these.... The ones that are asking Vendors to put up rewards, or offer discounted pricing. It puts them in places they most likely don't want to be. If they want to offer their kits at a reduced rate, they will.

You don't go to McDonald's and ask them to offer Free Cheeseburgers, do you?

KillJoy

PS - Just so you know, I'm not hatin' on you. I fully agree, a reduced price would GREATLY increase sales volume, even if it is only a one off promotion.

You're going to lose your title as "official pot stirrer" at this rate...:D

MarauderMark
06-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Well i have seen Dennis Reinhart put on a sale of the Vortech in summer/fall/spring specials as well as his air to air kits are at a good price..
Trilogy has also had The best sale of quite a few of there blower at $100.(thats the best deal for a S/cer i've ever seen WTG Jerry)
As well as F.I.T.'s deals every few months they come along.
And the person who's also great on group buys Innovative Interceptors who also gets us good things for our cars too.
So they do happen often enough.
These are great vendors and i think we're lucky/thankful to have em here.:2thumbs:

Marauderjack
06-22-2006, 03:16 PM
CLICK!!!:eek: :nono:

O's Fan Rich
06-22-2006, 03:18 PM
If Trilogy does... I want it retroactive!!

Seriously, those deals that have come through were AWESOME!
Our vendors rock!

BTW, that whole notion of profit through volume works after you have all your expenses paid, not before.
If you sell at or close to cost... what the heck are you in business for? Get your price... period.
But, heck yeah, I'll take a deal when I can get it.

sailsmen
06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
I always find it interesting that some will try to negotiate the lowest possible price on a luxury item.

The best "deal" is accomplished by contacting the vendor yourself. You may find the vendor is having a slow month and will give you a discount.

This can frequently be accomplished on the installation. If he has a guy standing around doing nothing that he is paying $20.00 an hour.

SergntMac
06-22-2006, 03:57 PM
The flaw in the thinking here, is vendor resources.

ProCharger and Vortech are independent companies represented by authorized dealers, such as Reinhart and F.I.T. Thus, they can offer support to their authorized dealers for an occassional "sale" event on a specific kit, because both companies enjoy a slice of a larger market outside of the Marauder.

However, Trilogy does not. It's a kit built specifically for a Marauder, and Trilogy cannot off-load any internal costs of such an offering to volume in other wares. The vendor is the factory, and Trilogy's other offerings are just getting off the ground.

I like the idea of a discount as much as the next guy, but it's not really fair to Mr. Barnes. Besides, the kit is worth the money.

merc6
06-22-2006, 04:47 PM
In before the lock!

SergntMac
06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
What "lock"? Jeeze, why all this caution? It's a good topic, presented fairly and without any bias towards one vendor, or, another.

Tisk, tisk...'Tis sad so much self imposed censorship inhibits us.

KillJoy
06-22-2006, 05:10 PM
I fully agree Mac. I kinda expected this to get locked by now. Figured someone would say "Such and so is better, so they won't discount" and start that whole BS rigamarole......

Censorship is for the Dictatorship :D

KillJoy

RoyLPita
06-22-2006, 05:15 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

jstevens
06-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Here, Here, there is nothing wrong with a sale but it is supply and demand.
Now in a few years, who knows what might happen.

There will be a lot of paid for vehicles with money to mod.

MI2QWK4U
06-22-2006, 07:37 PM
What "lock"? Jeeze, why all this caution? It's a good topic, presented fairly and without any bias towards one vendor, or, another.

Tisk, tisk...'Tis sad so much self imposed censorship inhibits us.

There isnt anything wrong with this thread that would get it closed as far as I am concerned. I actually think the best and most accurate post in here was made by Mac, we may butt heads, but when you are right, you are right...

The flaw in the thinking here, is vendor resources.

ProCharger and Vortech are independent companies represented by authorized dealers, such as Reinhart and F.I.T. Thus, they can offer support to their authorized dealers for an occassional "sale" event on a specific kit, because both companies enjoy a slice of a larger market outside of the Marauder.

However, Trilogy does not. It's a kit built specifically for a Marauder, and Trilogy cannot off-load any internal costs of such an offering to volume in other wares. The vendor is the factory, and Trilogy's other offerings are just getting off the ground.

I like the idea of a discount as much as the next guy, but it's not really fair to Mr. Barnes. Besides, the kit is worth the money.

teamrope
06-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Wow! I buy a S/C and now there is peace in our little universe, even in a S/C thread. If i would have known that I would have bought one a couple of years ago. :) (JK)

hitchhiker
06-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Several of us MM owners in CA waited and waited for Trilogy to get their S/C CARB certified. Shops in CA have lists of people willing to purchase and have them installed including one LM dealer in Northern CA. The number of potential sales is around 40 but so far no further action from Trilogy. I would still buy one of they would get it certified.

Regards,

Dave

:D

teamrope
06-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Dave, There is at least one kit that went to Cali. I saw it during the open house at MV III. I asked Jerry about it and he said that there were not enough MM's in Cali to justify the cost of CARB cert. The owner planned on keeping the stock parts so he can return the car to original for the smog test and re-install the S/C after the test.

hitchhiker
06-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Dave, There is at least one kit that went to Cali. I saw it during the open house at MV III. I asked Jerry about it and he said that there were not enough MM's in Cali to justify the cost of CARB cert. The owner planned on keeping the stock parts so he can return the car to original for the smog test and re-install the S/C after the test.

Between the lists of both Northern and SOuthern CA installers there were at least 40 who wanted the Trilogy S/C installed!

teamrope
06-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Just giving you options. :)

Rider90
06-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Between the lists of both Northern and SOuthern CA installers there were at least 40 who wanted the Trilogy S/C installed!

Installers or customers? Keep in mind, there are going to be a whole bunch of people that will back out.

Jerry Barnes
06-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Many of you have made good comments. I agree with Dave, Sarg and I have butted heads, but he is correct in his statement. If it were possible to offer the kits at a lower price, it would happen. I personally am not trying to rape people on the price of the supercharger kit. It has been a huge gamble and it is starting to pay off, starting. But even if material costs had not continually gone up and we had not added some things to the kits to be competitive, the cost would be the same. There are over a hundred customers that baught our kit for the listed price and selling it for a lower price to increase sales would be unfair to those that voted for our product early on.

We sincerely try to give great value for the money people spend. We try very hard to give excellent customer service. We try very hard to stand behind our product when there is a problem with "no questions asked" when parts need to be replaced. All of this cost money and has to be factored into the equation.

We know that our kit is not cheap. This is an expensive performance upgrade, but it is a fair price for all of the work that has gone into it.

I have no problem with the discussion. It's a good one. Our site should allow these topics to be discussed without being censored. No one has said anything inflamatory, I don't have any problems.

Thanks again for the kind words from our customers and prespective customers. We have been at this for 3 years and I hope we have other products that people would like to buy.

I have really enjoyed all of the friends I have made as a result of this project. Just look at the Detroit area guys hanging out on Woodward on Friday and Saturday nights. Look at the number of places I have gone to meet very close friends(i.e. Florida, Chicago, Texas, etc.). Does it get any better then that?

And once again, thanks Sarg, for the very accurate assessment of the situation.

Jerry

martyo
06-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Look at the number of places I have gone to meet very close friends(i.e. Florida, Chicago, Texas, etc.). Does it get any better then that?

Yes, it does. Come to Atlanta this fall and I will show you!

Jerry Barnes
06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Yes, it does. Come to Atlanta this fall and I will show you!

I am having nightmares about the picture of your Marauder on the trailer.

I'M COMING TO ATLANTA!

Maybe I can erase the image of the car on the trailer with the writing on the back window.

I need professional help!

Mr. Number #2

MarauderTJA
06-23-2006, 06:56 PM
I am having nightmares about the picture of your Marauder on the trailer.

I'M COMING TO ATLANTA!

Maybe I can erase the image of the car on the trailer with the writing on the back window.

I need professional help!

Mr. Number #2

Gotta love both you guys:D . I will be there to witness the Diet soda wars. It certainly will be interesting as well as lots of fun.:banana2:

Glenn
06-23-2006, 07:09 PM
That is great - Marty and Jerry at SSHS6. The Impalas will not know what hit them. Can't wait until November.

Glenn

Bradley G
06-23-2006, 08:05 PM
I guess it's time to give a_ nother supercharger away! :banana:

I can fully understand your post, None of the choices are inexpensive.
With additional install hours(Trilogy), this is even more consideration.
If you can self install, it will save you a bunch.

1stMerc
06-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Here, Here, there is nothing wrong with a sale but it is supply and demand.
Now in a few years, who knows what might happen.

There will be a lot of paid for vehicles with money to mod.

Ya got that right. Hope these or still around, then the fun will really begin.

maraudernkc
06-26-2006, 12:54 PM
I think this is a great thread !

Jerry does not have to offer his kit at a discount. ( He has established himself as the Marauder leader over the last two Years with over 130 kits on the road.)

We are the new guys on the block and are trying to gain market share, so sometimes you have to do some crazy sale prices to get your product out onto some members cars.

I can tell you that Procharger does not give us a dime or reduce our kit cost when we run these specials. On the last two specials we ran, well it really does not make much business sense but I wanted more kits on members cars and I did what I had to. Money is tight right now and I am glad that there were two members that got to take advantage of some aggresive pricing.

Let the price wars begin! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

I won't sell anymore kits for the price that I sold the last two for.