PDA

View Full Version : JLT performance on stock Marauder

supa_carrot
06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm really considering adding a JLT CAI to my stock 03 Marauder. I'm just curious as to what kind of performance to expect. I know it wont be mind blowing but I'm curious. Also how enjoyable is the sucking noise that it makes?? Any help at all will be appreciated.

MM2004
06-23-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm really considering adding a JLT CAI to my stock 03 Marauder. I'm just curious as to what kind of performance to expect. I know it wont be mind blowing but I'm curious. Also how enjoyable is the sucking noise that it makes?? Any help at all will be appreciated.

This has been a topic of discussion many times. Seat of the pants feel is good.

Under WOT, you'll think it's gonna suck the hood into the engine compartment.

Ask me how I know :D .

Mike.

DEFYANT
06-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Get it with a tune to get the most for your money.

Bradley G
06-23-2006, 08:27 PM
I got about ten RWHP from JLT intake.
The car is noticeibly louder.

jstevens
06-24-2006, 05:23 AM
The sucking sound alone is worth it.

Eric91Z
06-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Our cars are rated at 302HP at the motor. I ran my car on a Dyno and put down 260.3 hp and 280.5 lb/ft of torque to the rear wheels. If you figure roughly 20% for drivetrain loss that equates to 312hp and 336 lb/ft of torque. So I am up about 10hp and 18 lb/ft of torque over stock with the JLT CAI and a Lidio XCal2 tune.

And like the others have said, the sound is incredible. I think mine was one of the best sounding cars on the dyno that day and I am still running the full stock exhaust. It was better in person, but you can really hear it sucking the air. Here is a link to the dyno run:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...F7C1B36CBF.htm (please disregard the opening text - the correct numbers are above)

fastblackmerc
06-24-2006, 06:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^
What they all said!!

Black 04
06-24-2006, 06:45 AM
I ordered my K&N CAI, can't wait to put it on!!!!:D

Eric91Z
06-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Not sure why the link I posted in this thread is not working. Try this one:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/BD6EB0E6-B8C4-4B7E-96B4-C6F7C1B36CBF.htm

Or go to this thread and scroll down to the link in there:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27072

kj31067
06-25-2006, 04:46 PM
i am also interested in a cold air intake. i already have a lidio tune.
should i have it redone when i put the cai on ? just wondering...
am i putting the cart before the horse?

fastblackmerc
06-25-2006, 07:45 PM
i am also interested in a cold air intake. i already have a lidio tune.
should i have it redone when i put the cai on ? just wondering...
am i putting the cart before the horse?
IMHO.... installing a CAI will not affect the tune.

Tucker
06-26-2006, 05:41 AM
Thanks guys.
The JLT on a stock or modded Merc will not need a tune and you can expect 10-14 RWHP/TQ from it.
If you have a tune now a re tune to take benifit of the new amount of air will be a great idea.
BLACK 04: Thanks for your post about getting a K&N in a JLT forum and a thread.
I just got back from the Fun Ford Weekend in Richmond and had a chance to look at a K&N kit on a Marauder and WOW is it small. Sorry K&N owners, but it just looks puney when compaired to the JLT. Plus there have been members here test it and only get 5 HP. For the price that's not enough.

Anyway, looking forward to helping the future JLT customers out.
Thanks
Jay

Marauderjack
06-26-2006, 06:10 AM
You will love the induction noise at WOT!!:beer:

I had a PHP CAI and it was actully way louder than the stock exhaust!!:bows:

Now with the blower there is no induction noise at all......just a funny whistling noise!!??:banana: :beer: :eek:

Marauderjack:burnout:

SID210SA
06-26-2006, 06:54 AM
I can't say enought about my JLT.....it sounds great and really gets heads turning when you go WOT! and it looks good to boot! Even when people ride in the Marauder.....they are so impressed on how it sounds.

Jake Steel
02-07-2009, 12:35 AM
how much for the xcal tune,or lidio tuneand a jlt cai..................?

burt ragio
02-07-2009, 05:15 AM
Each CAI being open, which one offers the most debree protection ?

fastblackmerc
02-07-2009, 06:30 AM
Each CAI being open, which one offers the most debree protection ?

You do mean debris right?

They are both in the engine compartment. I've never had a problem with my JLT & debris.

fastblackmerc
02-07-2009, 06:33 AM
how much for the xcal tune,or lidio tuneand a jlt cai..................?

Check out the JLT site for prices.

Call Lidio and speak with him about what you want to do.

Learn how to capitalize your words.

Tucker
02-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Wow, old thread!
JLT and Lidio are 2 different companies, but we do work together.
So for intake and SCT pricing see www.jlttruecoldair.com (http://www.jlttruecoldair.com) and for Lidio tuning contact him.
If you purchase a JLT intake and tuner at the same time I can discount the package.
Call for pricing.

As for open or closed, the filters, filter the dirt in the air. We only use the best S&B filters in our kits,

Thanks

Jay

BirchMarauder
02-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I've got the k&n fipk. i've got this nice deep rub mark on the hood insulation. does the JLT do the same or does it fit under the hood better?

Tucker
02-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I've got the k&n fipk. i've got this nice deep rub mark on the hood insulation. does the JLT do the same or does it fit under the hood better?
Rub mark form the K&N?:beatnik: Hmm, others have given me grief for the rub mark saying the K&N didn't do it.
Well I guess it does,

Yes, the JLT is so big it has been known to rub a small slit in the hood liner, but I have seen several that with adjustment did not rub at all.
Case per case basis thing I guess.

Thank for the info
Jay