PDA

View Full Version : '03 Marauder Alignment Spes

CC-TX Marauder
05-08-2003, 09:08 AM
:help: Anyone have any information on alignment specs for the Black Beauty?! I'm having a terrible prob with the inside of my front tires wearing (right on the edge).

I want to take the car to someone I know. Dealer mechanics in South Texas ... well I'll just keep my mouth shut, lol. :(

jefferson-mo
05-08-2003, 10:06 AM
let me check for you.......I'll get back

Thomas C Potter
05-08-2003, 10:11 AM
I do not know, but suspect the negative camber is the major culprit. This is why my new wheels will have 7" backspace (stock is 6.56" bs) to allow less negative camber in case of excessive wear. I have modified several cars that also run negative camber and they all wear the inside.

jefferson-mo
05-08-2003, 10:33 AM
Ok this from the 2003 Crown Victoria/Mercury Marauder shop manual..........

Caster...Left & Right 5.5 degrees plus or minus .75 degrees

Camber..Left & Right -0.7 degrees plus or minus .75 degrees

Toe........................... .. -0.12 degrees plus or minus .25 degrees
(positive value is TOE-IN negative value is TOE-OUT)

these specs are for the Marauder exclusive
the only difference between these and Crown Vic and regular GM is the caster value.....

hope this helps

Jefferson:banana2:

TAF
05-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Man!!!

Jeff-Mo...you are a GOOD man to have around!:rock:

engine23ccvfd
05-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Jeff where in the hack did you get a shop manual...hell I would go for a Chiltons but I doubt they will make one for this car

LincMercLover
05-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Jeff's an inside guy. ;)

CC-TX Marauder
05-08-2003, 11:21 AM
HE &^%$ SURE IS TAF!!! Thanks BUNCHES Jefferson-MO! I have to watch the tires closely due to the fact, if I mess one up, it takes about 5 days to get one down here.

And Mr. Potter, the backspace you are speeking of, is this a wider (deeper) rim or some sort of spacer mechanism?

I appreciate this site ( and its members) being available and hope it remains so!

Thanks again fellow Maraudererssss!!!

jefferson-mo
05-08-2003, 12:27 PM
:up:
no problem guys...thanks Todd........I would love to share my QCDealer password but then it would be my a$$.....it's volatile anyway........

Marauderers???
Marauderii????
Marauderisti?????
Marauderererereseseseress????

boy we could use the Sarge right now..................:lol:

TAF
05-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by CC-TX Marauder
Thanks again fellow Maraudererssss!!!

Watch puttin those "Ss" together...don't want to make an aSS out of yourself...

SSee ya later :lol:

It KILLS ME when they put that stuff...

SSee ya later :lol:

prchrman
05-08-2003, 12:38 PM
MMe too...

RCSignals
05-08-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by engine23ccvfd
Jeff where in the hack did you get a shop manual...hell I would go for a Chiltons but I doubt they will make one for this car

Look on

http://www.helminc.com

chrtra1
05-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by jefferson-mo
:up:
no problem guys...thanks Todd........I would love to share my QCDealer password but then it would be my a$$.....it's volatile anyway........

Marauderers???
Marauderii????
Marauderisti?????
Marauderererereseseseress????

boy we could use the Sarge right now..................:lol:

Just out of curiosity, where do you work? If you don't want to say it here you could PM the answer.

jefferson-mo
05-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Actually you can BUY the manuals yourselves(thanks RC)...but I have instant access to all the Ford shop manuals online............

Chris I work at Pearson on the shop counter(parts)

Thomas C Potter
05-08-2003, 02:55 PM
CC-TX; wheels will still be 8" wide, just with more bk sp (deeper from inside view). If you want more info, call.

Marauderman
05-08-2003, 06:24 PM
TAF--When you ever get to Nashvegas --there'll be a whole new tongue to learn---best start gett'n to figring it our---ya'hrrr.....