PDA

View Full Version : "Constitution"al Upgrade

SMOKE
06-24-2006, 01:18 PM
I just got back a little chunck of change that represents overpayment of CT state tax from my NY dealer where I bought my Baby back in January. If I have to say anything about it, read EVERY page you are asked to sign at the closing. Sales tax was mis-calculated on only ONE of the pages (got taxed at full purchase price, did not get credit for my trade in). :mad2: I feel lucky the dealer caught it and submitted the request on my behalf. I wuz totally not paying attention....

ANYWAY, I gotta spend it (the refund)! Nice little kick in the a** considering I used the funds for the car anyway...so the way I see it I have to re-invest!!!!!:D

I'm going to grab a tune from one of the two TOP Marauder tuners/supporting vendors here (not gonna start debate on which one).....I am actually looking forward to the tranny shift improvement almost more than the HP boost....

AND...I wanna throw on a set of Super 40's. More than one of my new 'Rauder friends sounded GREAT a couple weekend's ago up on the 'Pike. I think exhaust was the reason. I'm just looking for a LITTLE more noise (have to drive my boss around every now and then...don't want to look too much like a loose cannon...he already has no concept as to why I bought it...calls the car the "Interceptor" more than anything else).

Can't swing the $$ or labor (do it yerself type) just yet for the whole header and x-over pipe stuff, but for my capabilities and infastructure I can do a nicer set of mufflers (plus it rounds off the complete burn off of my refund!!).

To make a long story longer....I know I'm gonna support one of our site supporting vendors for the tune.....do we have a favorite Super 40 source?? Mail order or a New England favorite??

Sorry if I'm cross posting...looking for regional ideas (CT) but if anybody can chime in on a favorite source 4 the mufflers I'd like to follow suit.... :) ...

Best regards...and here is hoping you are having better Marauder weather than me right now...

JWM

PS: Been searching and reading the forum for both the tune and mufflers....but a muffler search is pretty hard to clarify on the site...I'm not trying to repost a call for info on something that's been dicussed a 1000 times!!!!!!!! Thx...

Marauderoz
07-10-2006, 10:18 AM
How about an update.

You must love the new tune.

Carl

ckadiddle
07-10-2006, 10:39 AM
As long as you buy your tune from any one of our fine supporting vendors, you'll love it and we won't pelt you with decomposing polecats.

SMOKE
07-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the interest. Got in all my new stuff listed in my sig....but currently coming off a little outpatient surgery I had last Thursday.

Have been banned by my wife from touching the Marauder . :nono:

I may be able to get a reprieve by the end of the week! :D

Darn thing's only 1/2 waxed (was in the waxing stages of a 5 step fixer-upper on the paint but couldn't finish b 4 going under the knife).

Gotta slam on my tune, install my shiney new dead pedal, and the 40's go on Monday!

Whole new car! Just in time to ride down to Pocono and see the Pennsylvania 500. Mebbe if nobody is looking I sneak on the track!:lol:

Dan
07-11-2006, 05:57 AM
I bet it would be easy to sneak a car your size on the track. :D

SMOKE
07-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Heck, last year there was a plumbing van (looked like your ordinary local plumbing guy, white Dodge van with roof rack and all). I swear this guy must have won a contest or something because he/she/it was doing "laps" an hour or so before the green flag.

Even had parts of the arriving crowd cheering for him. Probably was topping out around 75 MPH (?)....looked like he was barely moving on a track the size of Pocono....

JWM

Dan
07-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Well, now, you just need to find out what gate he snuck through and use that one. Problem solved. :)

Get photos either way. By either way I mean A)of your car on the track or B)you in a cell. :)

Best,

Dan

SMOKE
07-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Got the tune on this weekend. OHHHH MYYYY GAAWWWWDDDD!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

What a friggin' animal! :eek: All the good things you read (shifts, etc), nice new additional low-end torque and an OCEAN SWELL of power when you punch it.

BC4E Dead pedal is in too...but that's another post...

Super 40's being welded in as we speak. I'm not even going to recognize this car by tonite....

JWM