PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Marauders July Meet

Marauderman
06-29-2006, 04:02 AM
Its that time once again- --Saturday July 8th---

Also being summer time---its good to try maybe meet at diferent places if possible............so I'll be the first to suggest Anderson S.C, at Rick's Place for a lunch around his shop to see whats available for our cars and the surrounding area............

SO place your vote for something and post up.......Maybe we can get Linn or Rick to chim in here for a comment .............Tom

dok
06-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Sorry. We are leaving tomorrow for New York and won't be back until July 11.

We're going if we can get around all the flooded roads. I usually take I88 from Binghamton to Albany, but all 4 lanes were washed away yesterday and 2 truckers died when they drove into the hole where the road used to be.

fastblackmerc
06-29-2006, 06:48 AM
Great! I'll be in Charlotte on 7/7 & 7/8 with the wife.

SC Cheesehead
06-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Its that time once again- --Saturday July 8th---

Also being summer time---its good to try maybe meet at diferent places if possible............so I'll be the first to suggest Anderson S.C, at Rick's Place for a lunch around his shop to see whats available for our cars and the surrounding area............

SO place your vote for something and post up.......Maybe we can get Linn or Rick to chim in here for a comment .............Tom

Works for me!

If you guys want to come over to the house after going to Rick's we can cook out and do the pool thing.

SCCH

Marauderman
07-01-2006, 05:19 AM
Sounds like two blacks and a blue are available........just need Rick and Linn to agree..........any hints ...........

03mmmonroe
07-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Hello Marauderman, sounds like fun, the MM has not been out in two month. let me know when and were and we will stop by. Russ and Dana Monroe, NC.

prchrman
07-03-2006, 10:14 AM
can not make it...again...visiting daughter...have a good time guys and gals...willie

Marauderman
07-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Hello Marauderman, sounds like fun, the MM has not been out in two month. let me know when and were and we will stop by. Russ and Dana Monroe, NC.
OK --we're up to three blacks and one blue---any raises????????? come on folks---!!..............but we're missing Rick and Linn--anyone know their phone number?--givem a call--tell then to check in here a bit for goodness sake!!

Marauderman
07-03-2006, 07:24 PM
can not make it...again...visiting daughter...have a good time guys and gals...willie
........and we're doing this to suprise you--------darn!!!!!!!!!!

linn@amazon
07-05-2006, 10:51 AM
on the books...just give me the details

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2006, 01:21 PM
OK --we're up to three blacks and one blue---any raises????????? come on folks---!!..............but we're missing Rick and Linn--anyone know their phone number?--givem a call--tell then to check in here a bit for goodness sake!!

Linn says it's on for Saturday.

What time are you guys from NC going to hit the GVL area? Do you want to meet up somewhere along I-85 and cruise to Rick and Linn's together?

Anybody else coming down, how about frdwrench?

Does anyone want to come over to our place after the shop tour? Let me know so I can plan for enough burgers or whatever. :food:

SCCH

(PS pool's right at 84 degrees if anyone wants to swim.) :drool:

Agent M79
07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
For me, I must give a official 'no' as I am packing and fixing a few things over the weekend or I may be out of town. There is a 99% likelyhood of one or both of those things.

I am not recalling a time when I was more busy.

Marauderman
07-05-2006, 06:19 PM
on the books...just give me the details
Great--11:30 /noon seems a good time---uh......a food joint nearby?....Is Rick going to be there as well???? My MM is in the shop have another gear change and some adjustments-should be ready by Saturday-----
Uh......Some directions to your place would be good---and cheesehead-whats a good exit to meet for us to arrive together?...............

SC Cheesehead
07-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Great--11:30 /noon seems a good time---uh......a food joint nearby?....Is Rick going to be there as well???? My MM is in the shop have another gear change and some adjustments-should be ready by Saturday-----
Uh......Some directions to your place would be good---and cheesehead-whats a good exit to meet for us to arrive together?...............

Tom,

Do you want to eat before or after going to Rick and Linn's? :popcorn:

Why don't we plan to meet at the Hardee's on Pelham Road about 11:45 or so.

Taek I-85 south, exit 54-Pelham Road (just past the Michelin building). At the stop sign, turn right, go down about 2 blocks, Hardee's is on your right.

I'll PM you with my cell phone number so you can call enroute.

SCCH

Marauderman
07-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Sounds good--I got your PM---I may have to exit on 51 first to pick up a rider---and then back on down your way----as for eating--I'll get back with you--there are two others coming--Russ and Jim...maybe they will post up their thoughts..........how far are you--your home from Ricks place--assume you know where it is-riight?

linn@amazon
07-06-2006, 01:54 PM
exit 19A,continue until you see the Ford deal on the left,turn right at that intersection,take first right after turn(Walker DR),shop on left

we will have an 03 cobra here getting some mods and dyno tuned for you to watch..

there are all kinds of food places here...
<!-- / message -->

Marauderman
07-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Just looked at the road map--

Here is what I think is a good plan:

Cheeshead--Find a place at exit #51 where we can all meet.

Jim and Russ with wives will meet Cheesehead at his posted place--time to be told later-

We will go down #exit 51 to Simpsonville exit 27 off I-385 and pick up Kathys' brother who is spending the next several weeks with us--return to meet you guys at the designated stop at exit 51 and we head all together to exit #19 to Ricks place-----

After mulling around shop for a while --we go get some food and return to shop for awhile and then move on to Cheesheads place back up in Greenville, for a look see at his pool and snacks and drinks-- and then on homeward.. for the reat of us after that-......

How does that sound....lets heard from you folks...........

fastblackmerc
07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I won't be able to make it. Too far and too many hours in the car. I figure 6.0 hours total - 1.5 hours to Anderson from Charoltte and 4.5 hours back to Cary from Anderson. Sorry guys maybe next month.

Marauderman
07-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Well--dang! Any S.W South Carolina MM'ers out their or those from Alt. GA who want to meet at Ricks???

SC Cheesehead
07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Just looked at the road map--

Here is what I think is a good plan:

Cheeshead--Find a place at exit #51 where we can all meet.

Jim and Russ with wives will meet Cheesehead at his posted place--time to be told later-

We will go down #exit 51 to Simpsonville exit 27 off I-385 and pick up Kathys' brother who is spending the next several weeks with us--return to meet you guys at the designated stop at exit 51 and we head all together to exit #19 to Ricks place-----

After mulling around shop for a while --we go get some food and return to shop for awhile and then move on to Cheesheads place back up in Greenville, for a look see at his pool and snacks and drinks-- and then on homeward.. for the reat of us after that-......

How does that sound....lets heard from you folks...........

Tom,

Exit 51 is the next one down from Pelham Road. There are actually three "Exit 51s;" 51C is I-385 north to Greenville, 51B is I-385 south toward Columbia, 51A is Woodruff Road/Hwy 146.

Suggest 51A, get to the top of the ramp, turn right, go about 2 blocks down, there's a TGI Fridays on the left. I can meet you there around 11:30 or so, just give me a call on the cell phone when you're close.

Haven't been to Rick's place yet, if you've scoped it out on the map we'll put you at point.

SCCH

linn@amazon
07-07-2006, 01:32 PM
what time do you think you will be rolling in here?

Marauderman
07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
what time do you think you will be rolling in here?
AH......its hard to say---probably sometime between 1030 and 1130 AM I guess---say--what is your phone number there--we can call to let you know our status-Thanks-Tom--looking forward to meeting another MM owner---:beer:

Marauderman
07-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Tom,

Exit 51 is the next one down from Pelham Road. There are actually three "Exit 51s;" 51C is I-385 north to Greenville, 51B is I-385 south toward Columbia, 51A is Woodruff Road/Hwy 146.

Suggest 51A, get to the top of the ramp, turn right, go about 2 blocks down, there's a TGI Fridays on the left. I can meet you there around 11:30 or so, just give me a call on the cell phone when you're close.

Haven't been to Rick's place yet, if you've scoped it out on the map we'll put you at point.

SCCH
OK--51 A sounds good---Russ will be following me down to exit 51-- I'll be headed down to Simponsonville from there a few miles to pick up Ms M brother--he'll be going with us--so you can wait or take a nice ridew along--its not far--just to exit 27 on 385--and then back up to 85 to Rick's---Guess we'll get you on the cell when were nearby--Tom

SC Cheesehead
07-07-2006, 08:41 PM
OK--51 A sounds good---Russ will be following me down to exit 51-- I'll be headed down to Simponsonville from there a few miles to pick up Ms M brother--he'll be going with us--so you can wait or take a nice ridew along--its not far--just to exit 27 on 385--and then back up to 85 to Rick's---Guess we'll get you on the cell when were nearby--Tom

I'll hang tight at TGIF off 51A, Russ and I can wait for you there. We can discuss the best way to get to Rick's as well as make lunch plans.

BTW, good chance that E-Dubb will be riding shotgun with me, he doesn't have to work until 3:30.

SCCH

FordNut
07-08-2006, 03:57 AM
Well--dang! Any S.W South Carolina MM'ers out their or those from Alt. GA who want to meet at Ricks???
I'd like to, gotta go to school this weekend. I'll make it over there sometime though.

Marauderman
07-08-2006, 04:41 AM
I'll hang tight at TGIF off 51A, Russ and I can wait for you there. We can discuss the best way to get to Rick's as well as make lunch plans.

BTW, good chance that E-Dubb will be riding shotgun with me, he doesn't have to work until 3:30.

SCCH
Linn posted directions on their forum----check there --I'll bring a copy---

Marauderman
07-08-2006, 07:09 PM
It was a great and fun day for our meet today
First off, 03mmcorpus (Russ) ,--BTW Russ- We need to get you to update your sig to being in NC now-----anyway--met me and Ms MM and we hit the interstate fast to Greenville to meet up with SC Cheesehead--after a brief stop to pick up Ms.MM brother --we all three headed back to the interstate to Anderson ,SC to meet Linn and Rick at AmazonTuningSolutions--

Gotta tell ya folks--the three MM's in the fast lane makes folks go crazy---no body wants to pass us---:lol:

We got to meet Linn and Rick--a very nice and LARGE man!! and Linn-- what a nice lady --and so knowledeable on cars--trust me folks--you want to listen to her when she talks and gives you help and pointers-----

We got to see Rick do his thing on an '03 Cobra--with just a change of pully and colder plugs and a tune --it turned out a 483 Hp and 497 TQ--How do you spell WOW!!! .and their shop is so clean and well kept-----really nice--I took some pics but will likely need to send them to Bunny for re-sizing---

After the meet we stopped by Cheeseheads home to see his pool and get refreshers and then headed back up the road--

Was a wonderful time enjoyed by all I am sure--I know we did-- and my MM---her new gears got 21.4 on the way down at about 70 to 75 MPH-Not bad for her first day out on new 410's--gotta love it---

Well --Will lets others post up later--we got home and ran out to eat again and just got back--wanted to tell all we had a great day---Tom

linn@amazon
07-10-2006, 10:48 AM
thank you for all the kinds words..we enjoyed having you all here and happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself...You all are welcome anytime

we plan to be active with other MM functions too so keep us posted when there is something going on we could be part of...we are going to try to get to Marauderville this year..that sounds like a blast