PDA

View Full Version : Test and Tune

Big House
06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Anybody up for a little after the rain fun at Capital this evening. If so I will see you there.

Breadfan
06-30-2006, 09:11 PM
No, didn't make it... but I will be at Hagerstown tommorrow, Mason-Dixon Dragway in the AM for some NVMC test and tune.

I think they may have a few slots open, it's limited to 50 cars, 8am-12pm. $10 to spectate, I think $40-45 at the door to race. I pre-registered.

How'd tonight go for you at Capitol though?

ctrlraven
06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
I got tied up doing things with the family. I am going to try and make it out next Friday though. Need to see where I'm at now with a "stockwise" exhaust system, k&n intake and tuner. I'm hoping for the 14.3's or lower now cause I ran a 14.62 with just a k&n drop-in and side pipe exhaust.

Big House
07-01-2006, 03:40 AM
I finally got the stall in a and name a couple of passes. The foist one was in the heat and pulled off a 14.4 at 95. The second...with a cooler car ran a 14.2 at the same speed. That is a 4 tenths of a second improvement with the stall. I think I was spinning a little off the line but I am not for sure. Good day though. Pleased with the results.

Breadfan
07-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I finally got the stall in a and name a couple of passes. The foist one was in the heat and pulled off a 14.4 at 95. The second...with a cooler car ran a 14.2 at the same speed. That is a 4 tenths of a second improvement with the stall. I think I was spinning a little off the line but I am not for sure. Good day though. Pleased with the results.
That sounds great! If you're spinning the next upgrade may be some steel rims and drag radials... :)

I'd comment on mine - which I shoulda run today, but I can't. I got my Mickey Thompson DR's, and they're mounted on the CVPI rims I got through Joe and his friend Chris.

Drove to Hagerstown today for Mustang Club drag day 8am-12pm. Got to the track at 730am (left my house at 0620 in a fully stocked Marauder, jack, tools, DR's, chairs, cooler, drinks, etc), got in, did tech and swapped out my street tires. Was ready to go but no one staging.

We learned that the track equipment was damaged in the storms earlier in the week. Apparently a power surge had damaged the computers and timing equipment.

By 10am they were still not up so the event was called off. The track officials were no doubt scrambling to fix things, not necessarily for our track rental 'til noon, but for the large planned race event starting at noon.

So, no racing for me today. :(

Commodore Crap
07-02-2006, 10:57 AM
i havent been on the boards in a few days but i would like to go to capital raceway with a few of you. ive never run down the 1320 yet but im am achin' too. also, capital raceway is about a mile away from my house, so maybe sometime this summer we can have a group outing to capital raceway and then come back to my house and bbq or something. its just an idea

merc
07-02-2006, 08:44 PM

You are knocking on my back door. Now with some cool air :) thinks could be brighter. :pimp:

Big House
07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Mark,

I figure the exhaust and a set of DRs and I might be close but not on top. I will have to enter a show or two to see if I can catch one of them shiney plates for at least looking good. I am on the hunt.

House