PDA

View Full Version : KY/OH/IN/IL/TN, etc.. Track rental 9-23-06

Embassy
07-01-2006, 08:45 AM
That's right. A local Mustang forum is once again renting out the local 1/8 mile track.

For those who have never been to a track rental, you'll be able to get more track passes than you ever could at a typical Test n' Tune night at the track. We'll have the track to ourselves for most of the day.

For those who have never taken their Panther down the track, this is your perfect opportunity since you'll get many, many runs to practice and learn.

Now the details.

When: Sept 23, 2006

Where: US 60, Hardinsburg, KY

Website. (http://oscaracing.com/us60/index.html)

Price: $10-15 car (That's a steal!)

To the out-of-towners, I can recommend a hotel for those wanting to stay over the night before. We can all go out for dinner that night and the evening after a day of racing.

With the event several months away, this should allow all of us time to put this in our schedule. Let's have a large Panther turnout.

Please post in this thread who might be able to join me.

Embassy
07-01-2006, 08:56 AM
From the Mustang forum:

We will have a full staff on hand, minus concession. We are wanting this to be mostly domestics but all makes and models are welcome to attend. We will be having mostly heads up racing/grudge matches. I will be checking with our sponsors to see if they are interested in providing a few trophies for maybe a 2V vs. 4V, Mod vs. Pushrod shootout and possibly a few other classes as well. We will also be checking with US 60 to see if we can stay for free for their regular program that night or if we have to pay the normal entrance fee.

SergntMac
07-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Sounds like fun!

supa_carrot
07-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Embassy, sounds like it could be fun. I live in Salyersville which is in the Eastern part of the state near Pikeville. I'm curious where is Hardinsburg, the name rings a few bells but I'm not sure where it is located. If it isn't too far from here and I'm free that day I'll see if I can get my dad and we will run down for the day.

Embassy
07-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Embassy, sounds like it could be fun. I live in Salyersville which is in the Eastern part of the state near Pikeville. I'm curious where is Hardinsburg, the name rings a few bells but I'm not sure where it is located. If it isn't too far from here and I'm free that day I'll see if I can get my dad and we will run down for the day.

The track is south of Louisville, going towards Fort Knox on US 60.

Every year, the organizers have met up that morning at a nearby Meijers and we all convoyed from there to the track.

If for some reason, they decide not to do that, I will have all of us meet at that Meijers that morning and convoy in together.

Meijer
9905 Dixie Hwy
Louisville, KY 40272
(502) 995-2101

It would be great to meet you.

Embassy
09-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I just learned that the Mustang forum that is organizing the event is canceling for reasons beyond their control.

They are scrambling to keep this thing scheduled as planned but I just wanted to issue an FYI.

I'll keep everyone posted.