PDA

View Full Version : Need a tune

Mike M
07-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Can all you ProCharger owners send me a copy of your tunes???
I assume it has to be for a 2003 model.
My tune is good but I want to play around a bit.
I have a Predator tuner.
Thanks

HwyCruiser
07-03-2006, 12:18 AM
I have a BDMO tune, but it's for 4.30 gears.

If there's something particular you are wanting tweaked I'd drop Greg's Diablo dealer / tuner an email or call him explaining what you're wanting. Anything specific your looking to do?

MarauderTJA
07-03-2006, 05:07 AM
Can all you ProCharger owners send me a copy of your tunes???
I assume it has to be for a 2003 model.
I have a Predator tuner.
Thanks

Mike, I have an 04 and 60 lb injectors. Would be glad to send you my most updated tune if you feel you can use it somehow. Let me know.

Brutus
07-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Im BMDO, 4:10 and 3500 stallion. Send me an e-mail address.

HwyCruiser
07-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Just FYI, I'm making an appt with Greg's Diablo tuner in Springfield in the next few weeks to get some tweaking done on the shift and lockup schedules. I've noticed after going to the 4.30's that city driving has been thrown out of wack a bit. It's not easy trying to communicate what is happening where, so I want to get him behind the seat to do some road tuning at cruising speeds.

For example, when I slow to 10-15 mph the trans downshifts to 2nd, but when I lightly get back on the accelerator (i.e. approaching a red light that turns green while your rolling) the trans seems to want to upshift into 3rd causing it to bog a bit. I'd like it to stay in 2nd if I'm on the pedal at all at that low of speed. Also, the tc lockup in 3rd gear comes to soon at certain throttle positions causing a pretty noticeable buck with the Stallion. This all has to do with mphs versus throttle positions so I just need to find the sweet spots for part throttle driving again.

Maybe we can compare notes to see if there are common issues that can be addressed, or at least after my road session Dave will have a much better appreciation for Marauder transmission schedules.

Mad4Macs
07-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I have a Predator tuner.
Thanks

I'm not familiar with that one, but maybe if you hum a few bars?
:lol:

TooManyFords
07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Just FYI, I'm making an appt with Greg's Diablo tuner in Springfield in the next few weeks to get some tweaking done on the shift and lockup schedules. I've noticed after going to the 4.30's that city driving has been thrown out of wack a bit. It's not easy trying to communicate what is happening where, so I want to get him behind the seat to do some road tuning at cruising speeds.

For example, when I slow to 10-15 mph the trans downshifts to 2nd, but when I lightly get back on the accelerator (i.e. approaching a red light that turns green while your rolling) the trans seems to want to upshift into 3rd causing it to bog a bit. I'd like it to stay in 2nd if I'm on the pedal at all at that low of speed. Also, the tc lockup in 3rd gear comes to soon at certain throttle positions causing a pretty noticeable buck with the Stallion. This all has to do with mphs versus throttle positions so I just need to find the sweet spots for part throttle driving again.

Maybe we can compare notes to see if there are common issues that can be addressed, or at least after my road session Dave will have a much better appreciation for Marauder transmission schedules.

Boy, I can't tell you how many times I've enjoyed opening ProRacer and just tweaked my shift and lock schedule myself. I now have three tunes I really like with this and I -never- have a bog anymore at anytime. I'd be happy to post my graphs if it will help you.

John

HwyCruiser
07-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Boy, I can't tell you how many times I've enjoyed opening ProRacer and just tweaked my shift and lock schedule myself. I now have three tunes I really like with this and I -never- have a bog anymore at anytime. I'd be happy to post my graphs if it will help you.

John

John, can you put them in excel? I'd like to see how you've set yours up for the 4.30's and be able to correlate mph to throttle position so I can show up much more prepared. I kinda know what I want but more info is more better. Thanks!

Mike M
07-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Never heard of Pro Racer. Tell me more.

TooManyFords
07-03-2006, 03:03 PM
John, can you put them in excel? I'd like to see how you've set yours up for the 4.30's and be able to correlate mph to throttle position so I can show up much more prepared. I kinda know what I want but more info is more better. Thanks!

This is my current Shift Schedule:

http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/shiftschedule.jpg

And here is my Lockup Schedule:

http://john.frieltek.com/toomanyfords/marauder/translockup.jpg

Let me know if you need more.

John

HwyCruiser
07-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks John, the shifts look pretty self-explanatory... but the tc lockups confuse me to no end. It looks like you're locking right after the 2nd & 3rd shift any TP more than 50%. Am I reading that right?

Sorry we highjacked your thread Mike. :o