PDA

View Full Version : Removing stock exhaust

94_302
07-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I am in the process of removing my stock exhaust. I have taken out the cats on the drivers side, my delay is on the passenger side. How do you get to the top bolt as well as the last sensor? I can just barely get an open end wrench on the sensor but the other bolt I don't see how I can get to it. The car is jacked up and on jackstands as I am waiting for the liquid wrench to soak in. Any tips on this or taking off the stock manifolds, which I will be doing once I get this last section of pipe off.

O's Fan Rich
07-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I am in the process of removing my stock exhaust. I have taken out the cats on the drivers side, my delay is on the passenger side. How do you get to the top bolt as well as the last sensor? I can just barely get an open end wrench on the sensor but the other bolt I don't see how I can get to it. The car is jacked up and on jackstands as I am waiting for the liquid wrench to soak in. Any tips on this or taking off the stock manifolds, which I will be doing once I get this last section of pipe off.

I removed the a/c compressor. But, I was working on a lift. Take the sensor out when you get the manifold and cats off.

94_302
07-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I got the sensor off, but now it's the last bolt to remove the cats from the manifold it's on the top part and I can't figure out any way to really get at it. Anyway you go, it seems like it's only enough room to get the socket on there and thats it. How hard is it to remove the ac compressor?

juno
07-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I thought I got in there with a 1/4" drive socket or a stubby.

94_302
07-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Well I got a swivel for a 3/8ths and I know that I can get at it but I dont have a deep 15 mm for the 3/8ths, but my friend does and he is bringing it over now. The manifold on the driver side looks pretty easy, but the passenger side looks like it's going to give me problems. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

O's Fan Rich
07-04-2006, 05:52 AM
Well I got a swivel for a 3/8ths and I know that I can get at it but I dont have a deep 15 mm for the 3/8ths, but my friend does and he is bringing it over now. The manifold on the driver side looks pretty easy, but the passenger side looks like it's going to give me problems. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

The compressor ate up about 10 minutes for me.
Drivers side goes smooth if you unhook the steering column from the rack and move it out of the way. Just make sure your steering wheel is centered before buttoning it up.

94_302
07-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Well I have the 4 top bolts on each manifold of now I'm going to starto n the bottom. My friend removed the 4 bolts on the drivers side manifold and on one side the bolt seized on the stud and the whole stude came out. Should I try to take the bolt off the stud then screw the stude in or screw the stud and bolt in as one piece?

O's Fan Rich
07-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Well I have the 4 top bolts on each manifold of now I'm going to starto n the bottom. My friend removed the 4 bolts on the drivers side manifold and on one side the bolt seized on the stud and the whole stude came out. Should I try to take the bolt off the stud then screw the stude in or screw the stud and bolt in as one piece?

I vote one piece with a touch of blue locktite.