PDA

View Full Version : Beltway Crunch

MyTMerc
07-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I was driving back from Detriot today and finally got to the DC beltway to find the first bit of real traffic. I was heading southeast just after the 270 split when I got to the flashing lights. There was a Black Marauder involved in the mess. I was 4 lanes to the left (couldn't get over) so hopefully they were there as a witness and not part of the crunch.

Cammers... Anybody have a bad day at the beltway. OK, I know, everyday is a bad day on the beltway.. Did anybody have a really bad day on the beltway today?

Ladyhawke
07-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Two black Marauders accounted for, with no damage. So it wasn't us.

Sounds as though you had an uneventful trip home. :up:

MyTMerc
07-03-2006, 08:17 PM
The ride home was good. I stopped for gas in Fredrick at the first exit on 270. I paid $3.39 a gallon for 93 octane at the BP. I hope you guys are not paying that all over town. That was the highest I paid on the trip. It's $2.99 a gallon here at the Sunoco. It varied form $3.06 on the PA turnpike to $3.16 on the Ohio Pike and $3.28 on 13 Mile near Roseville, MI.

Glad to hear you were not having to call your insurance agent.

Breadfan
07-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Wasn't me, but on my way back from Hagerstown Saturday morning I got stuck on the beltway a bit, turned out to be a Honda accord that tried to "Dukes of Hazzard" it over the inner/outer loop barrier. Everyone looked fine but I'm sure the undercarriage of that toy car was another story.

Joe Walsh
07-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Nope not me!
I was on that stretch of the Beltway last night in my Company truck...lots of friggin idiots driving WAY TOO fast in VERY heavy traffic.
i.e. Normal D.C. driving experience!
My Marauder is safe and sound in my garage.

Bigdogjim
07-03-2006, 10:13 PM
My Marauder is safe and sound in my garage.

My marauder was washed, parked and covered with in an hour of returning from Ohio last month has not moved since:)

ps: Never even moved it with the threat of a pending flood last week.

Commodore Crap
07-04-2006, 10:42 AM
my merc is ok. i washed it saturday and three hours later it rained. go figure. also, mine was in the garage the whole time of the "flood" last week.

Badger
07-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Not Badger 1.