PDA

View Full Version : Want a 03 Spoiler? Act quick.

Logan
09-20-2002, 10:18 AM
People have told me they're having problems getting the Marauder spoiler. I've got a solution for a couple of you...

My dealer ordered a couple in when they first came available, I just picked mine up.

There is ONE Black spoiler still for sale, $340
There are TWO Primer spoilers still for sale, $280 ea

First come, first serve. You can call Boyce or Richard at John Eagle Parts at 214-353-3530.

They'll be more than happy to ship them directly to you.

I'll take pics of the spoiler when I get home tonight, but it's VERY similar to the 03 Cobra spoiler and mounts to the vertical back of the rear deck lid.

ntrcptr99
09-20-2002, 07:43 PM
Quick get some pics, I would like to see it. Roush still has a couple left. But I still want to see how it really looks on the car as compared with the Roush style.

Logan
09-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Didn't get a chance to put it on until late tonight, so, crappy pics prevail, but I'll take more in the morning...

Installation was a snap, though drilling holes through your paint is a bit unnerving. The kit and instructions are very well done and fitment is perfect.

While I'm not crazy about the spoiler design, it's OK and I don't mind being a guinea pig for the good of the community. :)

Logan
09-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Pic 2

ntrcptr99
09-20-2002, 07:52 PM
Looks ok but I think I like the Roush design better, I dont know just looks like it hangs out to much, Guess it wil grow on me. Iwill give it a thumbs up though.

Below is the Roush version at $375 a piece

tetsu
09-21-2002, 01:41 PM
That factory spoiler is quite nice.

I think I may get one of those put on.

Johnny

Cooper
09-21-2002, 04:18 PM
Logan, of course you know a lot of us Crown Vic and Grand Marquis owners are going to be very, very interested in the Marauder spoiler. I've thought about adding one to my black '02 Crown Vic Sport ever since I discovered there was one available for the Marauder. Please give us the important details on the installation. How many holes have to be drilled? Any sealant provided in the kit? How long did it take to install it? I like the subtle look of it on the Marauder- I imagine it would look just as nice on a black Crown Vic. Thanks for the pics and info. :cool:

Logan
09-21-2002, 05:49 PM
I REALLY should've taken the time to document the install shouldn't I have? I was busy being lazy.

The kit itself is awesome, contains all the positioning templates and special positioning tabs to make sure the holes are drilled in the right places.

You drill 4 holes through the trunk, 5/16" in size, then using a hole saw, you make 4 access holes on the underside of the trunk lid so that you can bolt the spoiler on. The kit includes nice plug covers to cover up the access holes so that it looks factory installed.

The overall installation was MAYBE an hour at most. On special tool required would be a 1" hole saw for your drill.

The kit includes special sealing washers for the bolts and the entire spoiler is also secured with 1/4" doublesided tape (Pre attached to the spoiler) around the entire attaching surface.

Flash
09-24-2002, 06:51 AM
Logan,

How much do you think the spoiler weighs, I remember that the GM [General Motors] spoilers for my GTO's were made out of fiberglass and quite heavy!

Logan
09-24-2002, 12:45 PM
It's extremely light. It's hollow and weighs maybe a couple pounds, if that.

03 Merc
09-26-2002, 06:32 PM
Logan,

Did the adding spoiler screw up the trunk counter balance or does it still open correctly? And stay open? I remember needing to add a prop rod on my Mach 1 after adding a spoiler... As light as you said it is I don't think it would but I would like to know before I spend the money...

Thanks,

Logan
09-26-2002, 08:00 PM
Nope, doesn't affect the trunk at all. It still opens and stays open properly. :)

The spoiler is made out of very light, hollow plastic. You can pick the entire spoiler up with your pinky and thumb. :)

modular46
09-27-2002, 06:41 AM
I just paid $212.50 + tax for mine. My dealer ordered two of them a week apart. They both arrived in 3 days with no apparent holdups. You shouldn't have to pay premium price for your spoiler.

Logan
09-27-2002, 07:44 AM
Good deal... You know how dealers work...If they can possibly get away with charging a premium, they will. :)

I threw that price at the parts counter and they said they'd match it if anyone wants one.

That being said though, it sounds like any backlog on them is cleared up....

Ray Snyder
09-28-2002, 12:45 PM
Logan,
What do you think they will do for me. I had Richard at Eagle ship one down to Houston for me before I left. We did not talk about price.

Logan
09-28-2002, 07:31 PM
If he gives you any grief, just let me know, I'll get him to match the price for you. Not a biggy.

Flash
10-02-2002, 06:02 PM
For those interested in a spoiler in the Atlanta area I got one at Hub Ford in Tucker for $218.58.

03 Merc
10-02-2002, 06:20 PM
Uh Oh is everyone in the Atlanta area doing a spoiler...:D Thats about the same price I paid at Pugmire LM in Marietta...