PDA

View Full Version : July 2006 CAM Meet, 22 July, 12 Noon

Bluerauder
07-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Anybody up for something a little different this time? Same exit as Big Bat's -- but 5 miles south. Seafood with a view. >>>> http://www.kentmorr.com

When: Saturday, 22 July, 12 Noon

Where:

Kentmorr Restaurant and Crab House
"The Best of the Bay"
910 Kentmorr Road
Stevensville, MD 21666
P: 410-643-2263
F: 410-643-1362

MyTMerc
07-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Sounds good but we have a wedding to attend in DC that day.

Breadfan
07-12-2006, 01:16 AM
I voted the Big Bats vote only becuase I've never made it there before :)

But honestly I'm fine with whatever - something different sounds good, but I gotta check schedules to see, the later in the month *probably* the better...I'd like to make it though!

Haggis
07-12-2006, 03:17 AM
The Boss checked 'our' schedule last night and it appears we are open that day. Put us down for two.

****I will start a new thread for this weekend 15 July at the Spring Ridge Exxon in Maryland on Rt-144. Cruise-in, door prizes and BBQ. From noon to when ever. Stop on in CAMmers see KB#8 and possibly KB#5 (depends on how clean it is).

DEFYANT
07-12-2006, 07:07 AM
I am in. Lisa is being cranky. She probably will not go.

DefyantExWife
07-12-2006, 07:19 AM
It's 88 miles away from our house... even further for Haggis I believe... and Charlie as well right? Does ANYONE that is attending this, truly live within reasonable distance?

and not for nothing, even if i were willing to travel over 3 hours round trip for a lunch date, I would want the cool view Charlie is proposing.

DefyantExWife
07-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Cripes .... *shakes ticker meter* is that thing working down there? Is it REALLY still that long before school starts ?? :help:

:rolleyes: :D

Bigdogjim
07-12-2006, 07:46 AM
It's 88 miles away from our house... even further for Haggis I believe... and Charlie as well right? Does ANYONE that is attending this, truly live within reasonable distance?

and not for nothing, even if i were willing to travel over 3 hours round trip for a lunch date, I would want the cool view Charlie is proposing.

It;s just a walk in the park. Only 88 miles o/w? Short hop:)

Bluerauder
07-12-2006, 08:14 AM
It's about 75 miles for me. Not a problem 'cause I enjoy the ride and the scenery. Someone has to travel. By comparison, "Red Brick" at White Marsh is 85 miles and Gettysburg is 104 miles.

The Kent Island location was seen as a "compromise" area that is about centrally located for the CAM membership at large.

Reasonable ??? 88 miles for a World Class Crab Cake on the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay with a 16 ounce brew and a terrific view of the bay. You bet !!! :D I just might have two.

Haggis
07-12-2006, 08:44 AM

Wawawa....Good food, good friends and good beer is worth the trip. Besides I might end up bring two Marauders.

Oh and Chris has the t-shirts for those that ordered one.

DEFYANT
07-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Wawawa....Good food, good friends and good beer is worth the trip. Besides I might end up bring two Marauders.

Oh and Chris has the t-shirts for those that ordered one.

:shake:

I tried to splain this. Me -> :blah: Her ->:down:

Oh well, I'll be pickin up my new shirt. Just in time for Detroit :D

ctrlraven
07-12-2006, 09:29 AM
As of right now the little lady and I can make it. My father in-law is having triple bypass surgery today so we are keeping the next few weeks open to help take care of him once he comes home after 5-7 day stay in ICU. If we come I'll bring my handheld breathalyzer so if anyone wants to :beer: and make sure their "ok" to drive.

Ladyhawke
07-12-2006, 09:33 AM

Hmmm ... both MMs ... well no beer for me then ... sounds like a good plan! :banana:

Ladyhawke
07-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Also as Gordon mentioned, I have the CAM tshirts for everyone who ordered them. You can pay for it that day.

Haggis
07-12-2006, 09:36 AM
:shake:

I tried to splain this. Me -> :blah: Her ->:down:

Oh well, I'll be pickin up my new shirt. Just in time for Detroit :D
Charlie I also have your upper intake to return.

Well if she feels that way.....We don't need no party pooper.

Bluerauder
07-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Seafood with a view. >>>> http://www.kentmorr.com

Where:

"The Best of the Bay"
910 Kentmorr Road
Stevensville, MD 21666
OK .... I have the place booked for 12 Noon on Saturday, 22 July (20 attendees). I specifically requested a "view" . Will adjust as necessary as the votes come in. :up:

Suggest allowing some "Bridge Time" to your travel calculations since I suspect lots of folks will be traveling to the beach for the week. :o

Bigdogjim
07-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Put me down however the marauder is not in service as of yet.

MyTMerc
07-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Most of the meets are over 100 miles for me (this one for sure) but it's not so much a matter of distance but of schedules. Always worth the ride for good company. We'll be traveling 70 miles for the wedding of a good friend that day in Alexandria. Enjoy the ride!

Bluerauder
07-14-2006, 06:57 AM
:bump: Still lots of CAMers yet to check in on the Poll. Need to get a "head count" to Dawn at Kentmorr by next Wednesday. :D

Anybody up for something a little different this time? Same exit as Big Bat's -- but 5 miles south. Seafood with a view. >>>> http://www.kentmorr.com

Where:

"The Best of the Bay"
910 Kentmorr Road
Stevensville, MD 21666

Badger
07-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mebot
07-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Would love to come out and meet everyone but unfortunately it just seems I'm busy every weekend. Which, actually I am.

the 22nd I have to work:(

But I defintely want to hit up the next meet-up :D

Bluerauder
07-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Another :bump:

Cheeseheadbob
07-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Sorry gang, between my baseball and my kids soccer/camps, no time on the week-end. I hope to see everyone in August with all of my new goodies.

SWOOSH
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Is anyone bringing kids? I will be at Sandy Point Beach that day until probably 4pm, but I'll have my wife and kid.

Cheeseheadbob
07-17-2006, 11:35 AM
This may change my vote. Are you going to be at the lunch and then go to the "Red Neck Riviera" or are you just going to Sandy Point?
Is anyone bringing kids? I will be at Sandy Point Beach that day until probably 4pm, but I'll have my wife and kid.

ctrlraven
07-17-2006, 05:15 PM
what time is everyone planing on being there 11, 11:15, 11:30, 11:45?

Bluerauder
07-17-2006, 05:19 PM
what time is everyone planing on being there 11, 11:15, 11:30, 11:45?
I am gonna shoot to be in the restaurant parking lot at 11:30 AM. Coming from Northern Virginia, I have to apply alot of Kentucky windage to traffic around the beltway and then at the Bay Bridge.

Joe Walsh
07-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I am gonna shoot to be in the restaurant parking lot at 11:30 AM. Coming from Northern Virginia, I have to apply alot of Kentucky windage to traffic around the beltway and then at the Bay Bridge.

Yep, I was in a fishing tournament this past weekend at Sandy Point State Park...
We got off the water at @12:00 and looked over at Rt 50 eastbound...

HEAVY, SLOW CRAWL traffic for as far as I could see.:(

ctrlraven
07-17-2006, 08:42 PM
I am gonna shoot to be in the restaurant parking lot at 11:30 AM. Coming from Northern Virginia, I have to apply alot of Kentucky windage to traffic around the beltway and then at the Bay Bridge. Ok cool, lucky enough I'll be coming from Baltimore and can take 97 down and pop out right before the bridge and hit the E-Zpass lane :D.

Bluerauder
07-18-2006, 06:32 AM
HEAVY, SLOW CRAWL traffic for as far as I could see.:(
Dayum Joe ... I could have gone all week without hearing that news !!! :( Maybe if I tuck up really close on ctrlraven's bumper, we both can blow through the E-Z pass gate. Otherwise, I have to sit in the "Cash Only" lanes. :o

SWOOSH
07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I actually will be able to make it Saturday, July 22, but I can't change my vote, put me down for 1.

Bluerauder
07-18-2006, 01:20 PM
FYI. I be monitoring FRS/GMRS Channel 5-0 when I get near the Bay Bridge.

So far, I have 12 folks. Some others still on the fence or haven't checked in.

Badger -1
BigDogJim -1
Defyant - 1
WKPLYHD - 1
Haggis/Ladyhawke - 2
FordFrk - 2
ctrlraven - 2
Bluerauder - 2
Breadfan - ??

Haggis
07-20-2006, 03:20 AM
Chris has and will bring the t-shirts for those that ordered them on Saturday.

For those that will not be there PM Chris with instructions or if you can wait until the August meet even better.

Bluerauder
07-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Chris has and will bring the t-shirts for those that ordered them on Saturday.
Got any "blank" XLs left or did I forget that I ordered one??

Haggis
07-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Sorry your call can not be connected as dialed. Please try again.

(Direct all t-shirt question directly to Chris.)

ctrlraven
07-20-2006, 07:03 AM

So far, I have 12 folks. Some others still on the fence or haven't checked in.

Badger -1
BigDogJim -1
Defyant - 1
WKPLYHD - 1
Haggis/Ladyhawke - 2
FordFrk - 2
ctrlraven - 2
Bluerauder - 2
Breadfan - ?? Looks to be a nice turn out with such short notice. Anyone in the Baltimore area want to meet up on 695 before the 97 split?

Breadfan
07-20-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm still kinda on the fence. I think I can make it, but I do have to work out the car thing. I've got my dad's Camaro this week, my MM is an hour south. So to bring my MM, I have to tack 2 hours onto my travel time!

Maybe I'd just take the Camaro...

Bigdogjim
07-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Put me down however the marauder is not in service as of yet.

Sorry gang but with the weather so iffy I am going to pass.

Work is a pain right now.

My buddies also informed me that this weekend they want the car to work on. So I need to baby sit them:rolleyes:

Bluerauder
07-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Sorry gang but with the weather so iffy I am going to pass.
OK, Jim. We are gonna miss your smilin' face and the Marauder stories.

Cheeseheadbob
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Sorry guys, tried to sneak it in, but just way too much family obligations to go this time. Perhaps late August or September. At least then, I'll have my latest mods done. Hoist a few for me!:beer:

Ladyhawke
07-20-2006, 08:04 PM

Hey Charlie, sorry I didn't have an order from you. I will see if I can get one made without too much extra cost.

Bigdogjim
07-20-2006, 10:15 PM
OK, Jim. We are gonna miss your smilin' face and the Marauder stories.

Charlie: I have not driven the car in so long I have no stories to tell?

dardo
07-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Decided I need a longer road trip to reconnect with the ride - driving to Boston this weekend so I can't make this meet.

Will definately keep an eye out for the next one!

Thanks again for everyone's support during my stress-time and after!

- Dardo

MM03MOK
07-21-2006, 05:58 AM
Decided I need a longer road trip to reconnect with the ride - driving to Boston this weekend so I can't make this meet.
Make sure you :wave: to :bunny2: when you see the signs for Cape Cod!

ctrlraven
07-21-2006, 09:20 AM
I will not be able to make it, my father in-law had heart surgery last week and he is finally coming home today so the wife and I will have to be by his side to do things for him unit my mother in-law starts her vacation next week. The wife and I were really looking foward to chowing down on some good crab cakes too :(, hope everyone has a good time!

Bluerauder
07-21-2006, 09:41 AM
I will not be able to make it, my father in-law had heart surgery last week and he is finally coming home today so the wife and I will have to be by his side to do things for him

Sorry to hear this. Hope he is recovering well. See ya'll next time !!

Here's the current update \/\/\/\/ on those coming. Anyone else?

So far, I have 9 folks. Breadfan is still on the fence.

Badger -1
Defyant - 1
WKPLYHD - 1
Haggis/Ladyhawke - 2
FordFrk - 2
Bluerauder - 2
Breadfan - ??

DEFYANT
07-21-2006, 12:59 PM
:(

I may be out also. I forgot about a concert tomorrow that I have tickets to.

What show? This show: http://www.severalspecies.com/

Bluerauder
07-21-2006, 01:22 PM
:(

I may be out also. I forgot about a concert tomorrow that I have tickets to.
:( Sure hope someone else shows up ..... I'll feel a little :alone: at that big table.

DefyantExWife
07-21-2006, 06:25 PM
awww, :(, well Charlie maybe you'll forget all about who is NOT there when you have that famous crab cake sitting in front of you that you were bragging about.

DEFYANT
07-21-2006, 07:57 PM
:( Sure hope someone else shows up ..... I'll feel a little :alone: at that big table.

I looked this over again and will be there. It will be tight, but I can do it.

Now I hope the weather holds off. They are predicting hail and T-storms tomorrow....

Breadfan
07-21-2006, 09:20 PM
I figured out tonight I have to work in the morning, probably until atleast 11am, we'll see though.

If it's too late in the morning when I'm free, I won't have time to drive out.

If I don't, I'm really sorry I miss it.

If I miss it, I'll have to send payment for my shirts and pick them up later.

Hope to make it, but honestly I'm not feeling to good about it.

I hope it doesn't rain out! I'm sad if I miss a bay bridge trip...

Bluerauder
07-22-2006, 04:13 AM
I figured out tonight I have to work in the morning, probably until atleast 11am, we'll see though.

If it's too late in the morning when I'm free, I won't have time to drive out.

If I don't, I'm really sorry I miss it.

If I miss it, I'll have to send payment for my shirts and pick them up later.

Hope to make it, but honestly I'm not feeling to good about it.

I hope it doesn't rain out! I'm sad if I miss a bay bridge trip...
Mike, you really have to work on your decision making skills. :rofl: This is one of the easy ones. Some choices get harder as you get older. ;)

P.S. Rain and T-Storms are not expected until late afternoon. Hopefully all will be OK with the weather -- at least for the trip down. Of course, the weatherman has ben known to be wrong occassionally. :rofl:

Mike Poore
07-22-2006, 05:04 AM
Charlie, it's a last minute decision, but I don't have to be back here until 6, so will try to hook up with Gordon & Chris for a good old CAM convoy.

Mike Poore
07-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Another great CAM event! Thanks, Charlie, nice ride down with Chris & Gordon, following KB #5. There were some rain showers, on the way back, but not the death storms the weather guys were howling about. Anyway It was 1 1/2 hrs down, and 1 1/2 hrs back, only I took the shortcut on MD 75 and saved ~20 miles. Great, once again to see my old friends, and to those who couldn't make it; we hope to see you next time. :)

C.A.M.= :nono:

No meetings
No membership cards
No Dues
No Officers
No agendas
No horse*****

Bluerauder
07-22-2006, 03:49 PM
We were home by 5:20 PM including a stop to pick up some of the Eastern Shore's great produce --- corn, tomatoes and cantaloupe. No rain or storms for us. Miss 'em all. :D