PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Delivery

Canadasvt
07-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Can the SCT Calibrator 2 programmed for my Marauder be shipped to the Toronto area? :help:

Sully008
07-11-2006, 08:44 PM
He shipped to me and I'm in Winnipeg. I think QWKSVT also got one from him and he's in Toronto. Give Lidio a call. I'm sure he can accomodate you.

QWK SVT
07-16-2006, 06:08 PM
He shipped to me and I'm in Winnipeg. I think QWKSVT also got one from him and he's in Toronto. Give Lidio a call. I'm sure he can accomodate you.

Sully is correct. I purchased an XCal2 from Alternative Auto. Within a few days, a box arrived, via USPS / CanadaPost. I was really impressed with how quickly it crossed to border, and without any tax / duty issues. The product (or more specifically Lidio's tune) was even more impressive! You'll be VERY pleased!!! :up:

max454
07-16-2006, 06:11 PM
called two days ago and the person on the phone told me they did not ship to canada, strange.

fastblackmerc
07-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Try Dennis Reinhart or Carolina Performance Racing @ 1-877-CPRACE1.

Lidio
07-17-2006, 08:46 AM
called two days ago and the person on the phone told me they did not ship to canada, strange.

We do actually ship to Canada. Sorry about that. We have to use regular U.S. Mail service instead of UPS which comes to our door every day. So we have to actually go to our local post office to ship to Canada, no big deal... it just takes us a little longer and a little more leg work. But we do ship Xcals and chips to Canada.

Thanks and sorry about that.

max454
07-17-2006, 01:59 PM
ok , just ordered, thank you.

QWK SVT
07-17-2006, 08:27 PM
We do actually ship to Canada. Sorry about that. We have to use regular U.S. Mail service instead of UPS which comes to our door every day. So we have to actually go to our local post office to ship to Canada, no big deal... it just takes us a little longer and a little more leg work. But we do ship Xcals and chips to Canada.

Thanks and sorry about that.

By shipping via mail, it saves us the 'brokerage' fees that UPS or FedEx would charge (which usually end up around $80-ish) and reduces the likelihood we will get hit with 14% sales tax, as well :up:

max454
07-18-2006, 01:06 PM
lidio, could you let me know when you ship ?
thank you

Lidio
07-26-2006, 08:05 AM
lidio, could you let me know when you ship ?
thank you

It left here this past Tuesday.

Thanks

max454
07-26-2006, 03:08 PM
great, thank you .

max454
08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
finally received it today, took a little longer because the postal code was wrong , no big deal, very happy with it.
One question, would i need another tune with the jlt coldair that ill be installing soon ?

Lidio
08-10-2006, 06:13 AM
finally received it today, took a little longer because the postal code was wrong , no big deal, very happy with it.
One question, would i need another tune with the jlt coldair that ill be installing soon ?

Ordinarily most cold air kits or air-box/filter replacement kits do not need retuning as long as the factory Mass-air housing is reused, which is typically the case with MM's and most Ford's prior to 2004.

On most Ford's now though like the new F-150's and Mustangs, plus many other models... the MAF is integrated into the air filter housing or cover. This means that the MAF sensor element has to be removed from the stock location and inserted into the aftermarket intake track of some sort. This will completely change what’s called the "MAF transfer function" and cause some times sever idle and drivability problems. This is why for instance on the '05 and newer Mustangs when we sell a C&L inlet and filter kit, it has to be accompanied by an Xcal with one of our tunes to not only do the many other things we address in one of our typical tunes, but correct the MAF transfer function to go with the revised air box/MAF housing.

Some of the better known companies that make air inlet kits for the newer Ford's do a pretty good job of not needing a retune. But this usually means that they designed their inlet pipes to act or flow like a stock pipe to satisfy the MAF element. Which means they probably kept the diameter of the tube rather small like stock and they end up not flowing that much better then stock.

My personal favorite for the MM’s is the K&N, it simply looks the best and performs as good or better then most of the other ones.

Thanks

Aren Jay
04-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi,

You should update everyone at MM.net I was told that you do not ship to Canada, at all. That I would have to work through a third party.

Now this thread is pretty old, so I just have to ask, do you ship to Canada, in any way?

Thank you

D1 CC

freakstatus
04-28-2008, 08:10 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about Lidios promptness and service. I just received my XCal2 back after he changed my 93 octane/4.10 tune to a 91 octane/4.10 tune.

Now I just need to get the gears installed....:burnout:

Thanks again Lidio.