PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control Switch Questions ???

stryker
07-18-2006, 09:50 PM
:cool: Ok Marauderers here's the question my new Panther it has the traction control switch but I do not understand that function, ¿ What happened if I turn off the T.C. ? and ¿ What is happening when T.C is enabled ?

STRYKER.

Drock96Marquis
07-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Traction Control uses the ABS system along with the PCM to effectively reduce wheel spin in low traction operation. The ABS modulates the rear brakes to slow the wheel. In addition, the PCM uses what is called 'Torque Modulation' to keep engine RPMs low despite accelerator/TPS position. Combined, these two functions tremendoucly assist the driver in low traction conditions.

THe T.C. is automatically enabled upon vehicle start up. Shoudl you decide to turn it off, the system will allow any rear wheel spin with no interference. Turning it off will not damage anything, in fact, if anyhting it will actually prolong the life of your rear brakes, at the expense of your tires :P

The T.C. will automatically be active again if the button is depressed once more, or, if the vehicle is restarted.

stryker
07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Ok Mang What do you suggest me to do turn it off the T.C. of in which conditions I can enable the T.C. and which I have to turn off the T.C. Thanks DROCK96MARQUIS for your quick respond.

STRYKER.

Drock96Marquis
07-18-2006, 10:34 PM
I would just leave it on at all times, unless you find it starting to become obtrusive during your driving session.

playbackreks
07-19-2006, 03:04 AM
I know it annoys me when I leave it on.... maybe something is wrong?

jdando
07-19-2006, 05:50 AM
I would just leave it on at all times, unless you find it starting to become obtrusive during your driving session. Like this?
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/bo.jpg
:banana: Sorry for the crappy image, it is from a screen shot from a video. Wish I could upload the video for you all:shake:

ckadiddle
07-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Call me wierd, but I leave my traction control on except when it is sunny and dry and I am specifically looking to take the horses out for a bit of exercise.

stryker
07-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Like this?
:banana: Sorry for the crappy image, it is from a screen shot from a video. Wish I could upload the video for you all:shake::eek: Ohhh ***** JDANDO you do that with the traction control turned off ?

STRYKER.

stryker
07-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I want to that too. !he he he heeeee!

STRYKER.

Drock96Marquis
07-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Like this?
:banana: Sorry for the crappy image, it is from a screen shot from a video. Wish I could upload the video for you all:shake:

i would say that is one of those circumstances :D

jawz101
07-19-2006, 10:30 AM
You're in Puerto Rico? You may need it when it rains.
Fast cars have Traction Control because they have a lot of power and can lose control easier.

If you want to slide or smoke the tires turn it off.