PDA

View Full Version : Holy Smokes!

SamF
07-21-2006, 04:16 PM
I loaded the Lidio tune a few hours ago. After just a 10 mile cruise I can honestly say the Beast runs the way I always expected it to. What a difference. Now...4.10's up next! :D

Sam

kj31067
07-21-2006, 05:17 PM
sweet huh?

2003DOHC
07-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I loaded the Lidio tune a few hours ago. After just a 10 mile cruise I can honestly say the Beast runs the way I always expected it to. What a difference. Now...4.10's up next! :D

Sam

Good to hear the problem has been solved.:D

SamF
07-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Good to hear the problem has been solved.:D

Thanks for your help. I sent you an email earlier...you knew we would get it, just gotta keep on it.

SamF
07-21-2006, 07:20 PM
sweet huh?

Outstanding! It actually stays in the right gear instead of upshifting to OD at the earliest and most inconvenient time, while I'm trying to accelerate! I was getting sick of playing with that OD button all day long.

No more stutter and bogging down at 2500K either, just linear power...

Now I see what y'all are talking about :coolman:

Lidio
07-22-2006, 06:18 AM
Outstanding! It actually stays in the right gear instead of upshifting to OD at the earliest and most inconvenient time, while I'm trying to accelerate! I was getting sick of playing with that OD button all day long.

No more stutter and bogging down at 2500K either, just linear power...

Now I see what y'all are talking about :coolman:

Its no secret in the OEM tuning world that short shifts and early lock-up makes for better MPG's. But its annoying and noticeable to the car enthusiasts type.

The little bit that I delay the shifts and above all delete lock-up till OD at about 63 MPH really doesn't kill the MPG's much or at all. Because we lean on the spark a little more at both part throttle and full throttle to get the MPG's, throttle response, and of course better WOT performance out if it.

Thanks for the good word's and support.

SamF
07-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the input Lidio..nice to "meet" you :beer:

I noticed (but didnt fool with) that there was some user programable features. Can you give me an idea what these user changes would do and if I need to consider them.

Also if I wanted for instance to lower the lockup speed a bit, say 55 mph, and raise the speed that allows OD engagement, say 45 mph, would I send the Xcal to you?

One more question. I always "assumed" that when the OD is defeated (light on) that the converter was locked in the stock tune. Is this the case? And if so is it still true with your 3.55 tune installed?

Sam

FlyinMerc
07-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Its no secret in the OEM tuning world that short shifts and early lock-up makes for better MPG's. But its annoying and noticeable to the car enthusiasts type.

Short Shifts and Early lock ups make for a frustrating experience in slow freeway traffic. Makes the car bog when the traffic breaks up and you want to accelerate into the clear.

Lidios' tune made my Marauder behave like a performance sedan should. More excitement, more useable power where and when I want it, more satisfaction, and yes, even a little more MPG's.

My co-workers and my family both have noticed that stupid grin on my face after I finish a spirited drive to work or back home. I loved the car before Lidios' tune, now it's even better. The sound, the power, the handling, the comfort, the style, the exclusivity. Commuting is FUN. Who said you couldn't buy happiness? What a thrilling ride my Marauder is!

Lidio
07-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the input Lidio..nice to "meet" you :beer:

I noticed (but didnt fool with) that there was some user programable features. Can you give me an idea what these user changes would do and if I need to consider them.

Also if I wanted for instance to lower the lockup speed a bit, say 55 mph, and raise the speed that allows OD engagement, say 45 mph, would I send the Xcal to you?

One more question. I always "assumed" that when the OD is defeated (light on) that the converter was locked in the stock tune. Is this the case? And if so is it still true with your 3.55 tune installed?

Sam

When OD is turned "OFF"... it has no bearing on the lock-up at all. It simply keeps the trans from going into overdrive gear only. And since I don't let the converter not lock at all unless its in OD gear above 60mph, this means that with my tune in the MM, the converter will never lock while the OD cancel has been enabled.

As far as those end user adjustments you can make from with in the hand held unit... their limited in the range of movement on some parameters and do not although allow you to adjust lock-up at all. You should be able to move around the part throttle shift points though including delaying OD as you asked.

Thanks

SamF
07-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the response, I just put another 100 or so miles on it and it's perfect, I think I hit the OD button 2 or three times heading into a turn, that's it. It just glides in and out of the current gear when it is supposed to and holds a gear like it should too. The change in personality is amazing, I'm not changing a thing!! (for now.. ;) )