PDA

View Full Version : Miss match wheels

FastMerc
07-22-2006, 08:40 AM
I posted 2 pics of wheels in my gallery.Can you spot the differenc here.I went in for a front end alignment a few months ago they screwed up the one wheel,they agreed to replace it no problem.But I did not realize the difference at first.So I told the dealer about it.Now they want to replace the other 3 to match,but I dont want the off looking ones.So my question is does anyone have wheels that have the flat spot on them? I may even be willing to buy one from someone If they have an extra :D

FlyinMerc
07-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Looks like wheel 1 has more of machined flat around the center cap. Wheel 2 is more rounded in that area, my wheels look like wheel 2. Is it really obvious or bad looking? I wonder if the wheel making process has changed or if someone did a little extra finish work on the wheel before polishing.

FastMerc
07-22-2006, 12:38 PM
I wish I knew.Dealer shows all wheels with flat surface.I told them that the ones that came on the car were not like that,No one seems to know why???But yes the center cap sticks out more than it did before.I asked them if it was a way of identifying returned wheels they had no answer either!

Smokie
07-22-2006, 01:07 PM
My wheels look like 2, I don't know how obvious the difference is when you look at the wheels, it doesn't look bad to me, it seems like a small difference in the machining around the center cap hole.

cyclone03
07-22-2006, 08:31 PM
I posted 2 pics of wheels in my gallery.Can you spot the differenc here.I went in for a front end alignment a few months ago they screwed up the one wheel,they agreed to replace it no problem.But I did not realize the difference at first.So I told the dealer about it.Now they want to replace the other 3 to match,but I dont want the off looking ones.So my question is does anyone have wheels that have the flat spot on them? I may even be willing to buy one from someone If they have an extra :D

Your new wheel looks like all my wheels....now.
Heres the story (short version) about 2 years ago dealer scratched ALL FOUR of my wheels,I put up a very big stink and they replaced all four.
I noticed the first time I washed the car they didn't FEEL right.No help getting the correct wheels installed.
My guess is they have been repaired,repolished,cleared and resold.
Or Ford changed venders.

FastMerc
07-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Im sure there is a reason but no one seems to know:(

CRUZTAKER
07-23-2006, 07:53 PM
I don't know how obvious the difference is when you look at the wheels...

I didn't notice until he pointed it out to me. However...one pointed out...it's QUITE noticable.