PDA

View Full Version : MV IV, who's driving down and when.

DefyantExWife
07-23-2006, 06:14 PM
It's time to start thinking about this, I'm thinking of stopping in NC for a day or 2. My brother lives exactly at the midway point from my house to the Seralogo Hotel.

So me and the kids wont be in any convoy, but it's time for you boys to start planning. Juss sayin... :rolleyes:

Bluerauder
07-23-2006, 06:51 PM
It's time to start thinking about this ... but it's time for you boys to start planning. Juss sayin... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I been thinkin' 'bout this since March when I booked the rooms. I am gonna pass on the convoy down and take the Auto Train. Have always wanted to do the train thing and this is a perfect opportunity. Will depart 4 PM on the 7th and arrive at Sanford, FL about 8:30 AM on 8 November. Just a short trip to the Seralago from there. :D Will be driving home on the 16th via Fort Benning, GA and a stopover to visit the "kids".

Ladyhawke
07-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Gordon and I will be driving down to FL. We will be stopping for the night in Richmond Hill, GA, just south of Savanah. We plan to stay at the Hampton Inn.

CRUZTAKER
07-23-2006, 07:36 PM
.....Richmond Hill, GA, just south of Savanah. We plan to stay at the Hampton Inn.

That's the one we try to make it to first day on the way down to the home.

DefyantExWife
07-25-2006, 06:56 AM
Gordon and I will be driving down to FL. We will be stopping for the night in Richmond Hill, GA, just south of Savanah. We plan to stay at the Hampton Inn.

Why there? Any particular reason ? Just curious in case my North Carolina family thingie is a no-go.

Haggis
07-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Why there? Any particular reason ? Just curious in case my North Carolina family thingie is a no-go.
We can make Richmond Hill comfortably in one day and the Holiday Inn is nice. And then make it down into Florida the next day with no problem. I was also stationed at Ft. Stewart so it brings back memories.

DefyantExWife
07-25-2006, 07:14 AM
ohhh i see, i see.. wasnt sure if there was some outlets or something cool nearby. For me that would be 11 hours to that point. I dont think i'll trek that far in 1 day. One of the Carolinas will do.

Haggis
07-25-2006, 07:18 AM
ohhh i see, i see.. wasnt sure if there was some outlets or something cool nearby. For me that would be 11 hours to that point. I dont think i'll trek that far in 1 day. One of the Carolinas will do.
It is just south of Savanah, which is just over the GA./SC. border.

DefyantExWife
07-25-2006, 07:43 AM
on coming back to this thread, I cant help but notice that Chris said "Hampton Inn" and you, Gordo, have said "Holiday Inn." Juss sayin :rolleyes: :D Either way.... what day are you 2 hitting the road?

My kidlings are off from school on the 6th and 7th, so I'll probably get an early start on the trip. Make the most of it.

Haggis
07-25-2006, 08:03 AM
on coming back to this thread, I cant help but notice that Chris said "Hampton Inn" and you, Gordo, have said "Holiday Inn." Juss sayin :rolleyes: :D Either way.... what day are you 2 hitting the road?

My kidlings are off from school on the 6th and 7th, so I'll probably get an early start on the trip. Make the most of it.
That is because she makes me stay in a different hotel. I believe we are leaving MD on Wednesday and arrive at the hotel in Florida on Thursday.

DefyantExWife
07-25-2006, 08:18 AM
ROFL..... i dont blame her. You go girl :D

O's Fan Rich
07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Michelle say's we drive. No autotrain this time around.
I cannot remember our schedule however. I'll be back.

Marauderman
07-25-2006, 08:47 AM
There will be several Carolina Marauder Members leaving central NC meeting up with some upstate SC members at the I-26/I-95 intersection and then on down I-95. We could meet up with you folks down in GA. ---let us know the exit # as we get closer in time---Believe most will be leaving on Wed taking the whole day to drive down ---we can take our time this way.....Tom

Haggis
07-25-2006, 09:15 AM
There will be several Carolina Marauder Members leaving central NC meeting up with some upstate SC members at the I-26/I-95 intersection and then on down I-95. We could meet up with you folks down in GA. ---let us know the exit # as we get closer in time---Believe most will be leaving on Wed taking the whole day to drive down ---we can take our time this way.....Tom
Tom, I thought this was the plan when this same topic was brought up a months ago. Those of us leaving from the Capital Area would be glad to hook up with the Carolina Marauders on Thursday morning.

DefyantExWife
07-25-2006, 09:27 AM
why you guys keep talking about driving on Wednesday and Thursday ? I thought your big Marauder event started on Wednesday (?) just axin

MM03MOK
07-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Registration is Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. On Thursday, Old Town cruise during the day and dinner that night.

I'm going to suggest Reinhart Automotive in Orange Park, just south of JAX as a way-station for North meeting West and then a convoy from there down to Orlando, depending on what day folks arrive in FL. As people make their plans, this stop can be refined for date and time.

There's nothing more awesome than dozens of Marauders moving down the highway in step!! My first brief convoy of that magnitude happened for MV1.

Haggis
07-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Registration is Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. On Thursday, Old Town cruise during the day and dinner that night.

I'm going to suggest Reinhart Automotive in Orange Park, just south of JAX as a way-station for North meeting West and then a convoy from there down to Orlando, depending on what day folks arrive in FL. As people make their plans, this stop can be refined for date and time.

There's nothing more awesome than dozens of Marauders moving down the highway in step!! My first brief convoy of that magnitude happened for MV1.
I will have to check on my reservations, might be leaving on Tuesday after all?

Marauderman
07-26-2006, 04:26 AM
Tom, I thought this was the plan when this same topic was brought up a months ago. Those of us leaving from the Capital Area would be glad to hook up with the Carolina Marauders on Thursday morning.
As you have said --you may want to be leave earlier---I believe originally we were thinking of all meeting along the way on Thursday as you said----but alot of folks are going down earlier--so it appears that Wednesday seems to be the most likely day when more will be meeting up---I better re-check my resv. as well to make sure I'm covered as well....but Wed seems to be the biggest day I think for hooking up --

As for meeting at Dennis's as Mary has suggested--That's ok with me and am sure the others don't mind either---Need to get Dennis' input on this though---his place can only take so many cars with those that will likely be there for work too--his turn-around spots could be tight... .we may have to line up on the side road........but its still a good meeting place for those not in a group to catch up.........I'll just wait and see what gets posted on ...........whats ya'lls thinking???

MarauderMark
07-26-2006, 04:46 AM
We're booked a day earlier and staying a day later.So either i'll meet ya'll there or you'll see a black mm on the side of 95 somewhere:D

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 04:48 AM
Yay Mark !

Dennis who ? Hotrauder ?

MM03MOK
07-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Dennis who ? Hotrauder ?Dennis Reinhart

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 04:53 AM
:rolleyes: hehe

Hotrauder
07-26-2006, 05:42 AM
:rolleyes: hehe

Lisa, you are so bad. It has been way to long since Charlie took you to the wood pile.:bop: Dennis

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 06:13 AM
you and Haggis are on workin my last nerve.....:nono: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/TAPSSMILEYS/7ee0dc97.gif

:rolleyes:

Bluerauder
07-26-2006, 06:16 AM
We're booked a day earlier and staying a day later.So either i'll meet ya'll there or you'll see a black mm on the side of 95 somewhere:D
Hooray for Mark and Peg. :up: Long time -- no see. Glad to hear that you will be making it to MV IV and Orlando. :D

DEFYANT
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM

:banana2:

Alright Mark! Our plans are similar. This is good news indeed.

Dennis Reinhart
07-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Well I would be glad to offer my place as a stopping point to strech your legs have a cold soda and fire the grill up for a burger. And every one can chase numb nuts and tigger.

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Well I would be glad to offer my place as a stopping point to strech your legs have a cold soda and fire the grill up for a burger. And every one can chase numb nuts and tigger.

oh awesome, so Haggis will be there, but who is tigger ? :lol::lol:

joking, that's nice of you Dennis.

Dennis Reinhart
07-26-2006, 09:54 AM

joking, that's nice of you Dennis.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1153932557-tiggger.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1153932759-tigger1.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1153932807-numbnuts.jpg

Dennis Reinhart
07-26-2006, 10:03 AM
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1153933278-pleaseleavemealone.jpg

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 10:13 AM
what kind of dog is that? looks like a cross between chihuahuah and Daschund. i dont know. Cat looks bigger than him.

ctrlraven
07-26-2006, 10:15 AM
I wish I knew if for sure I can make it or not :depress:. Since my accident this past Oct I've still been playing catch up while working on current bills. So hopefully I'll be going to court soon and if the drunk driver that hit me insurance company wants to settle out of court then I should be able to make, if not then who knows when I'll collect the settlement. Is their a cut off date for registering for MV IV? I would love to go plus it will be the 1st time the better half has been to FL and our 1st real vacation besides going away to the beach for the weekend.

DEFYANT
07-26-2006, 10:16 AM
what kind of dog is that? looks like a cross between chihuahuah and Daschund. i dont know. Cat looks bigger than him.

:mad:

:hijack:

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 10:23 AM
no big whoop. "Hijacking" is what keeps things interesting.

'sides... it's my thread.

Haggis
07-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I wish I knew if for sure I can make it or not :depress:. Since my accident this past Oct I've still been playing catch up while working on current bills. So hopefully I'll be going to court soon and if the drunk driver that hit me insurance company wants to settle out of court then I should be able to make, if not then who knows when I'll collect the settlement. Is their a cut off date for registering for MV IV? I would love to go plus it will be the 1st time the better half has been to FL and our 1st real vacation besides going away to the beach for the weekend.
Make the reservations for the hotel room now. You can always cancel, but if they get booked up you'll be sleeping in the car.

Haggis
07-26-2006, 11:22 AM
no big whoop. "Hijacking" is what keeps things interesting.

'sides... it's my thread.
Thread thief!!!! Ball toucher!!!!!

Bluerauder
07-26-2006, 11:46 AM
You keep putting your hand in that cage, you're gonna get bit. :rolleyes:

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 11:59 AM
You keep putting your hand in that cage, you're gonna get bit. :rolleyes:

:D:D Please, he's been taking shots at me left and right all week. :rolleyes:

I was laughing about that post this morning, a good 15 minutes I was !! :D

Dennis Reinhart
07-26-2006, 01:21 PM
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/donotdisturb.jpg

DefyantExWife
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Hijacker !! at least you could've had numbnuts curled up on your chest. :rolleyes:

CRUZTAKER
07-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Ball toucher!!!!!

:hmmm:

:popcorn: