PDA

View Full Version : JLT CAI installed today !!

supa_carrot
07-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Well, my package arrived today via UPS and I was tickled to death, couldn't wait to get it on the engine. My father and I spent about 30 minutes getting it installed, then off for the test drive. The first chance I got I opened it up, and I could really hear it sucking the air, and could feel some extra giddy-up. After he picked his car up (break job) we went on our seperate ways. Once I got the chance I was curious, if I could spin the tires, sure enough they spun for once. Used to I could only bark 'em on a good day from a dead punch. Now, they spun for a while then they caught traction and took off hard. I have one question though, my check engine light came on after I started it up and was on during the short trip home, any suggestions?? Overall this is a great product and well worth every penny. Thanks.

fastblackmerc
07-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Make sure the electrical connector to the MAF is connected. Might want to take it off and reconnect it.

superiorone
07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
I just recieved my JLT in the mail yesterday, I bolted it on and was very please with my purchase, you can hear the intake suck in the air "quick", also I noticed a loud "growl" at 3000-4000 rpm, for the money you cant beat it!!!!

I think that you need to the sensor and make sure it is plugged in when I first changed mine out I was soo excited to start the car i forgot to connect.....................:b anana:

MM2004
07-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Make sure the electrical connector to the MAF is connected. Might want to take it off and reconnect it.

What ^^^he^^^said.

I didn't have a check engine light, but the above suggestion makes sense.

Either that, or maybe oil on the MAF??

I dabbed the excessoil off prior to install.

Does the car run and idle OK?

Mike.

Tucker
07-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, my package arrived today via UPS and I was tickled to death, couldn't wait to get it on the engine. My father and I spent about 30 minutes getting it installed, then off for the test drive. The first chance I got I opened it up, and I could really hear it sucking the air, and could feel some extra giddy-up. After he picked his car up (break job) we went on our seperate ways. Once I got the chance I was curious, if I could spin the tires, sure enough they spun for once. Used to I could only bark 'em on a good day from a dead punch. Now, they spun for a while then they caught traction and took off hard. I have one question though, my check engine light came on after I started it up and was on during the short trip home, any suggestions?? Overall this is a great product and well worth every penny. Thanks.

That's great to hear, glad your happy.

As others said, double check all connections. Also to clear the code disconnect the battery for 20 minutes.

After that drive the car normal for a few miles. The computer will learn the new air flow and make adjustments. Maybe it didn't have enough time or somethings not connected right.
Let me know

Jay:beer:

SID210SA
07-25-2006, 06:54 PM
I Had the same happen to me...I forgot the MAF connection....disconnected the battery, made sure the MAF was snug and retried it with no problems.

Ed Tarras
07-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Well I received my order, did the install and have mixed feelings about it. When you punch it at 60mph you do get a kick, but I feel like I lost my low end performance.
Checked all the connections everything looks tight, no air loss that I can see. Anyone have any suggestions?
Oh, by the way, MM has 4:10 and chip.

supa_carrot
07-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks Jay, I unplugged my battery today for about 15 minutes or so then plugged it back in, and the light went off. Everyone was right about making heads turn when you go WOT and hear it sucking. Today on my way home I went to pass vehicle I was doing 45 and ran it up to 70 by the time I was around him. Well, as I passed the vehicle, on the left was a garage and about 3 guys standing around in the parking lot, once the CAI started sucking their necks jerked and jaws dropped when they saw me fly by.

Great product, thanks again.

Tucker
07-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Good to hear man. Thanks

Jay

MdnightMarauder
07-27-2006, 01:49 PM
What is your guys take on K&n intake kit compaired to the JLT. I have always had K&N products on my cars and fell in love with them. What is the horse power gain with the JLT? The K&N is around 17 hp. I think.

Tucker
07-27-2006, 01:55 PM
What is your guys take on K&n intake kit compaired to the JLT. I have always had K&N products on my cars and fell in love with them. What is the horse power gain with the JLT? The K&N is around 17 hp. I think.
Research it before you believe 17 hp. A test was done on these forums where the K&N only gained 5 RWHP on the dyno.
It should be easy to find the thread in the search.

BLACKMARAUDER04
07-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Is this smpg legal in California?

Tucker
07-29-2006, 05:04 AM
Is this smpg legal in California?
Sorry we do not have the CARB cert.:(