PDA

View Full Version : Diablo tune / Transmission

RoNiN77
07-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Put a Diablo Predator tune in my MM last week. The transmission now shifts much harder. Is this normal?? At high speeds it seems to slam into gear. Any thoughts on this?? Other than that the tune is good. Put a JLT air kit in too...it kicks tail...:bandit:

SergntMac
07-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I responded to you question in another thread, before I found this thread. Here's what I said there...

Any aftermarket tune is going to make some adjustments to tranny shift line pressure, shift point , ect. Even the "off the shelf" tunes from Diablo and SCT. It's what most folks want, and they find the new setting agreeable. But, it's not for everyone.

Make a list of what you want your tune to do for you (and what not to do), and contact your Diablo vendor. I'm sure it can be tweaked to your liking.If you have any external (meaning outside of the EEC) tweaking to the tranny, such as a TransGo shift kit, or other mods directly to the tranny, the tune must be adjusted accordingly. Otherwise, it will get confused and shift like a Mack truck with a bad clutch. F.Y.I.... <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Tallboy
07-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Your Predator should have the ability to adjust shift firmness.

RoNiN77
07-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys, i'll look into both options. I'm very appreciative of the help...and a complete moron when it comes to navigating these sites..I'm pretty new at it...hence the same question in different areas. I was lucky that I could even find this to look at my reply(s). Thanks again!!!!

David Morton
07-27-2006, 11:40 AM
I got the Predator back in '05 and a month or two later the tranny dumped third gear.

I don't think it was because of the upshift pressures, hard is good when it comes to AT clutch life. I think the 4-3 part throttle downshift pressure was low. I had the guy that rebuilt it put in a kit that he said the Mustang racers were using, and it was supposed to address the 4-3 downshift issue amongst other things.

I've had no trouble since, but I ususally drive with the OD off in town and rarely make a 4-3 PT downshift any more (once burned).

I wish somebody here could translate that great tune for the automatic I hear Lidio designed for our car into the Predator language. I'd buy one from the guy in a heartbeat.

Tucker
07-29-2006, 05:09 AM
As Tallboy said, read through the manual from Diablosport. You should have full adjustability to lower the shift firmness and WOT shift RPM.

Hand helds are great.
Jay