PDA

View Full Version : Identity Crisis

nhinterceptor
07-08-2002, 07:27 PM
The Marauder needs some badging on the side. I've seen people looking at it traffic with a puzzled look on their face. Mercury might want to rethink the body side molding and have Marauder embossed into it like the rear bumper cover or maybe a decal that looks like it's etched into the quarter panel windows.

Anyone else feel it needs something more?

-Dan

Katmandu
07-08-2002, 07:33 PM
Anyone else feel it needs something more?

Hmm, I dunno... I kinda like the Stealth appearance myself.

Folks "that know" WILL know what a Marauder is. It's relatively new in the game. What till somemore hit the streets and folks see a few more. It WILL gain notority like the Impala SS has IMHO.

Oh BTW, on my 20 mile test drive yesterday (of an '03" Marauder) I had (3) folks that wanted to race!

There's a few folks out there that have gotten the word! :p :p :D

Hopefully, FORD won't get boneheaded and kill it in a couple of years.:(

b4z
07-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Maybe a small godhead badge on the front quarter by the front door.

But I am from the less is more school of thought.

ntrcptr99
07-31-2002, 08:12 AM
It looks good they way it is, however remve the gods heads from the wheels and seats and replace them with something different.

Just my 2 cents, oh and one other the wheels gotta go, you want to give perfromance looks slap on a set of the Bullitt rims or the new Mach 1 wheels.

MarauderMike
07-31-2002, 08:59 AM
I've made up some nice Marauder decals and placed them in the quarter windows. Still have the stealth appearance which I like, but they can still see what the car is if they look hard enough, and you know they are looking hard!!!
:D

BISHOPSS95
07-31-2002, 12:31 PM
If it can't add speed, there is no need

mensrea
07-31-2002, 05:30 PM
AMEN Bishop!

tetsu
07-31-2002, 06:17 PM
I hear alot of slamming of the Marauder wheels. I for one love them.

For that car, I would not switch them in a million years. In fact, I think it'd be cool to get my wife a Mountaineer and put Marauder wheels on it.

If the peeps are Ford are reading, let it be known that a good many of us love the wheels.

Johnny

Logan
08-01-2002, 11:26 AM
I think Mercury designed the perfect wheel for the Marauder. I wouldn't change it for anything.

Larry Vogel
08-01-2002, 01:19 PM
are awesome and the heads, That's the Mercury Godhead, something that Mercury should never have changed and glad to see him back! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

nhinterceptor
08-01-2002, 06:08 PM
I too like the classic Mercury God's head id. What would be really :cool: would be a hologram emblem (grill and rear deck lid) that would change from the Flying M, waterfall, hockey sticks whatever you want to call it, that would change to God's head when viewed from a different angle.

I've had a couple of people on the highway traveling around 70mph look over their shoulder trying to figure out what it is, blasted by a couple of them. Didn't want to hang around them.

My 2 cents worth...

-Dan

JamesHecker
08-01-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Katmandu

Hopefully, FORD won't get boneheaded and kill it in a couple of years.:(

I hope they do put the Marauder name back in mothballs in a couple or a few years. It would make our cars all that more unique.

Logan
08-02-2002, 06:45 AM
Marauder is a long-term medium production car, annual production projected to be 18-25000 units with plans for the car through 2010 is what I'm told.

WJSOLOMON
08-03-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by nhinterceptor: "The Marauder needs some Badging on the side. I've seen people looking at it traffic with a puzzled look on their face. Mercury might want to rethink the body side molding and have Marauder embossed into it like the rear bumper cover or maybe a decal that looks like it's etched into the quarter panel windows. Anyone else feel it needs something more?" - Dan

After F/R Debadging, #45 Window Tint, Black-Tipped McGard Lug Nuts, Smoked Bubble Rear Plate, Dual Cell Phones to the Right of the Temp Controls w/ Dual Rear Cell Antennas, Dual W/S Mounted Black Police-Type Flood Lights and a Personalized Plate that reads: "COULD BE", I've taken notice of a lot of Posts herein that worry that Law Enforcement Agencies may take a dim view of this 'Stealth Car', if they came to the conclusion that I may be trying to pretend to be a 'Cop Car'.

And so, I've taken some 'Diversionary Action', and installed a Bright Chrome-Plated (BMW) "M-5" Badge, on the Right Rear Section of the Trunk Lid, in the midst of all of that 'Wet-Looking' Black Sea of Clear-Coat Paint. :eek:

Now, most BMW / Mercedes Drivers drop back rather smartly, rather than risk having their expensive Chrome Grills sucked off by the Vacume created, when I hit the Over-Drive Button and Down-Shift at WOT. But those pesky Elitist BMW 745-I Drivers try to stay up there with me for a short time. Yet, after a short trial period, they too eventually pull away and drop back, but only after indicating with their "Hand Signal", that I may be "NUMBER-1" today and wearing "The Badge", but that after some Power Enhacement Mods to their own Cars, we'd meet somewhere again, down the road!

The other day at a Gas Station, three Teenagers came over and walked all around the car, then asked me when I rolled down the Driver's Window: "Do you Really have an "M-5" Engine under the Hood?"

I replied, as I cranked up the Engine, and reved it a few times, that their answer was on the Rear Plate, pulled out smartly, gave them a Blast from my Three-Note Air Horns, and watch their grins fade in the distance, as I quickly became a small black dot, on the Horizon.

"MERCURY MARAUDER - THE ULTIMATE DOMESTIC LUXURY / PERFORMANCE DRIVING MACHIME!"

:D ;) :cool:

BISHOPSS95
08-03-2002, 03:17 PM
"MERCURY MARAUDER - THE ULTIMATE DOMESTIC LUXURY / PERFORMANCE DRIVING MACHIME!"

I don't think so. But then again lets take it to the track and see, if you dare.

By the way, yall could get a crome decal that runs along the bottom of doors. They look smart and clean.